• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUPERHYPERCUBE cancels Oculus support

If it's not apparent to you how Trump's candidacy and rhetoric has elevated a fringe element of the right that traffics in white supremacy (sorry, white nationalism), fascism and anti-intellectualism into the mainstream political conversation, you haven't been paying attention. Trump's own actions in business that have targeted minorities in the past coupled with a long list of abhorrent quotes and glimpses of what a Trump presidency would be like on the campaign trail speak for themselves.

Agreed, there have been some questionable acts by companies he's run. But are you saying if I were to vote for Trump and support his presidential campaign with my own money that that would make me a racist too? Would you castigate such a large part of America so readily like you all are doing with Luckey here? (By the way..that guys is kind of an idiot..)

These things are just not this black and white. We could come up with equal amounts of questionable statements and judgements from Hilary Clinton's side as well. Everyone has things they like and don't like about who they vote for. I'd like to believe that a large part of his constituency would disagree with some of his actions and encourage some of his others just like any other political candidate.

But are you saying if I were to vote for Trump and support his presidential campaign with my own money that that would make me a racist too?

Yes.

It's really not hard to see what Trump's base ideology is. He's been an all-out racist since well before he started running for president.

One can't support Trump without inadvertently supporting his idiocy. You can do that same for other candidates, but not Trump, simply because of how he frames his "policies" and what he talks about on a daily basis. Unlike for many other politicians, it's IMPOSSIBLE to separate Trump from the racist shit he says. People who support him, at best, are looking the other way on the blatant racism he spouts as they vote for their own self-interests. I don't know why one would want to call that anything other than racist.

...I was under the impression that SuperHyperCube was a Playstation exclusive anyway...

I just hope there's a way I can play this on my Vive.

Order

If you vote for Trump you're racist. You don't give a fuck about minorities and you're letting everyone know.

Post on your main account

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
And I'm supporting them for not supporting Oculus.
I have no idea what Superhypercube even is, tbh, but that took some balls.

Bought. Whatever it is.
One of the whitest hot titles to come along in years. It's amazing. The game is amazing.

If you vote for Trump you're racist. You don't give a fuck about minorities and you're letting everyone know.

Post on your main account

This is GOLD. So can your ridiculous blanket statement be applied to all republicans or just the Trump supporting ones?

By the way..you're in a thread shitposting and getting upset about a guy who paid a company to shitpost about Hilary Clinton. The irony is just too much.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
This is GOLD. So can your ridiculous blanket statement be applied to all republicans or just the Trump supporting ones?

By the way..you're in a thread shitposting and getting upset about a guy who paid a company to shitpost about Hilary Clinton. The irony is just too much.

Is your only argument "this many people can't be dumb"? Because I've got bad news for you...

Sai-kun

Banned

Doesn't seem like shitposting at all.

Also, it only applies to people voting for Trump, no matter which side of the political spectrum they fall on. If you vote for a racist, that makes you racist.

Dinjoralo

giphy.gif

Though I DO hope it makes it to PC on some form, like on Steam with the Vive.

megalowho

Agreed, there have been some questionable acts by companies he's run. But are you saying if I were to vote for Trump and support his presidential campaign with my own money that that would make me a racist too? Would you castigate such a large part of America so readily like you all are doing with Luckey here? (By the way..that guys is kind of an idiot..)

These things are just not this black and white. We could come up with equal amounts of questionable statements and judgements from Hilary Clinton's side as well. Everyone has things they like and don't like about who they vote for. I'd like to believe that a large part of his constituency would disagree with some of his actions and encourage some of his others just like any other political candidate.
No, you could not come up with equal statements from Hillary Clinton. Politics as usual is not a reason to turn to a demagogue with no capacity for the enormity of the job. That is what makes this particular election exceptional, and why I am not really interested in a "both sides are the same" false equivalency debate from those that want to feel better about voting for an abhorrent man.

zethren

Banned

Dude...don't.

You KNOW he's not being targeted for shitposting Hillary Clinton.

virtualS

I honestly can't believe the hate speech being thrown up in this very thread.

It really makes me sad that such things are happening on and obviously condoned by Neogaf.

Calling all Trump supporters racist? Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting behaviour. How is this not bannable?

And then supporting the pulling of Oculus support over the political views of its co-founder? Amazing.

Sai-kun

Banned

It really makes me sad that such things are happening on and obviously condoned by Neogaf.

Calling all Trump supporters racist? Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting behaviour. How is this not bannable?

And then supporting the pulling of Oculus support over the political views of its co-founder? Amazing.

what policies of his do you think his non-racist supporters are supporting him for then?

Also why would calling out racism be a bannable offense? That's not offensive at all.

Noctis3

If you vote for a candidate you are voting for everything they believe in you don't get to pick and choose what to accept and not to accept.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

You're absolutely right. It's like this thread where all the people who liked games were called "game fans". Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting behaviour. How is this not bannable?

If you're voting for a racist you're part of the problem.

And what is wrong with a developer making a stance?

It's true though. If you're voting for Trump you are supporting his views. If you support his views you're either racist or SEVERELY uninformed on issues in the United States as well as uninformed on Donald Trumps history, words, and actions.

SigSig

Good to see that people are already starting to spin the reaction to this.
Listen up, douche noodles: Nobody cares about Palmer voting Trump or even supporting him. His support for him was known and nobody batted an eye.
This is about Palmer gloating about paying internet trolls to spread misinformation and hate-speech.
You know, the type of thing you accuse (but fail to produce receipts for) "$hillary" to do.

Props to Kokoromi and Polytron. Even without the recent fuckery, supporting the walled Oculus garden would be a mistake. If this is the straw that breaks the camels' back, so be it. Oculus owners won't be locked out of the game, Facebook and Oculus won't be able to generate additional profits, data and further vendor-lock-in.
It shall be funny to see people furiously defend every anti-consumer decision by Oculus from now on, since they are "the good guys!".

Good to see that people are already starting to spin the reaction to this.
Listen up, douche noodles: Nobody cares about Palmer voting Trump or even supporting him. His support for him was known and nobody batted an eye.
This is about Palmer gloating about paying internet trolls to spread misinformation and hate-speech.
You know, the type of thing you accuse (but fail to produce receipts for) "$hillary" to do.

Props to Kokoromi and Polytron. Even without the recent fuckery, supporting the walled Oculus garden would be a mistake. If this is the straw that breaks the camels' back, so be it. Oculus owners won't be locked out of the game, Facebook and Oculus won't be able to generate additional profits, data and further vendor-lock-in.
It shall be funny to see people furiously defend every anti-consumer decision by Oculus from now on, since they are "the good guys!".

Eh, I've had no issue with Oculus to date, but I can see how others would. How they react to this is going to be very important to me and whether I support them going forward though.
If they react properly and shitcan Luckey, I'm sure there will still be a lot of people who cling to thing to support their decision for which side they've picked.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

You're not necessarily a racist if you vote for Trump. You might just be incomprehensibly stupid, in which case you wouldn't realize you're voting for a racist.

Then everybody that votes is a shitbag beccause every politician is a shitbag.

You'd think by now we'd have gotten beyond the "BOTH SIDES ARE JUST AS BAD" bullshit deflection by now. If anything positive comes out of Trump's candidacy, let it be that.

Noctis3

Then everybody that votes is a shitbag beccause every politician is a shitbag.
....Im pretty sure calling every politician a shit bag is subjective as all hell, but im pretty sure you can call Trump a racist cause you know.... we got facts to back it up.

Briarios

You're not necessarily a racist if you vote for Trump. You might just be incomprehensibly stupid, in which case you wouldn't realize you're voting for a racist.

You'd think by now we'd have gotten beyond the "BOTH SIDES ARE JUST AS BAD" bullshit deflection by now. If anything positive comes out of Trump's candidacy, let it be that.

Though, to be fair, most of his supporters are demonstrably racist. We have the data. So, while not all of them, probability pretty much agrees if you call one racist, more likely than not you're correct.

Do you have anything to contribute to the thread other than bog-standard finger-wagging? At least explain your position if you're so utterly disgusted by ours.

How is this not bannable?

The claim that "all Trump voters are racist" is not technically accurate exactly as stated -- the poster can't know every single voter's beliefs and preferences and reasoning. But "every Trump voter is voting for a white supremacist, running on a white supremacist platform" is factually accurate and the daylight between those two claims isn't enough to drive moderation.

kiguel182

If you support a man whose main point in his campaign is "Mexicans and Muslims are bad people" then you are enabling a racist out of some misguided anger at best or you are a racist at worst.

And this is me giving a little benefit of the doubt when I'm not even sure I should do that.

And racism isn't a political leaning. You can be conservative without being a racist, anti LGBT or a misogynistic but it's not other people's fault if the main voices of your party are those things and that you still support it. None of these are political views, they are simple humans rights issues that don't even warrant that much discussion.

Edit: This isn't addressing the mod post above or a comment on moderation. Just to make it clear.

Zia

They're, like, just as bigoted as the bigots, man.

dan2026

If you vote for Trump you are supporting his racism, bigotry and xenophobia.

That's what a vote is, you are casting your ticket in support of his views and policies.

Even though I think Trump supports racist policies and would be worse for minorities in America I would not call everyone who voted for him a racist. I would call them oblivious to the fact that they are voting for a racist, but I would not call them racists. There is a distinction there I feel like that distinction is a worthy one.

Sai-kun

Banned
Even though I think Trump supports racist policies and would be worse for minorities in America I would not call everyone who voted for him a racist. I would call them oblivious to the fact that they are voting for a racist, but I would not call them racists. There is a distinction there I feel that like distinction is a worthy one.

How can you differentiate the votes between who's a racist and who's oblivious to it? (Which, by the way, is a fucking ridiculous position and laughable honestly lmao)

Caelus

I would call them oblivious to the fact that they are voting for a racist, but I would not call them racists. There is a distinction there I feel like that distinction is a worthy one.

No there isn't. Racism doesn't have to involve burning crosses or lynching to be called racism, it can be as simple as casting a vote for racist policies and rhetoric. You can list as many exceptions as you want, like poor granny who always votes Republican and has no idea who Trump is, but that does not change the reality of how Trump has been framing his campaign.

The time we waste avoiding calling racists racist could easily be spent working on solutions to combat structural racism... but people aren't really interested in that, are they.

dan2026

Even though I think Trump supports racist policies and would be worse for minorities in America I would not call everyone who voted for him a racist. I would call them oblivious to the fact that they are voting for a racist, but I would not call them racists. There is a distinction there I feel like that distinction is a worthy one.

I can't really buy that.
Trump doesn't exactly hide his bigoted views. he flaunts them!
Everyone and their dog knows exactly what Trump is like now.

I don't even live in the US and I know all about the man.

If they are that stupid to be that careless with their vote they are just as dangerous for society as the racists. It takes look 2 minutes on google to find sufficient evidence of Trump's racism and bigotry. If you cannot even be bothered to do that much research and effort into finding out who exactly you are voting for you can fuck off right alongside the white supremacists and bigots that support him, distinction be damned.

Not all Trump supporters are racist, it's true. Some are just so stupid that they actually believe his non-answers to policy questions, despite the fact that all of them are demonstrably impossible to achieve.

Top Bottom