• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terrence Howard is an insane person

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidtmd

Banned
Yeah, dude's nuts. I actually saw him once at a grocery store.

I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

You did a Good Job, Bob

This is the best story I think I've ever read. Bwahahahaha

I'm loving this guy right now.

zMu06Kn.jpg

This adds a whole new dimension to Empire now.

Okay, Terrance. Sure.

Is this man serious? You know, at first, I was annoyed that Terrance didn't just take the paycut to stay as Rodey, but now I'm glad he was replaced. He's clearly living on another planet.

I wonder what Downey's reaction was to all those phone calls and that message?

Vorheez

You're making the connection between his bizarre statements in other areas and his alleged physical abuse of his partners.

Lots of mentally ill people aren't violent and lots of violent people aren't mentally ill. There's no basis for your conclusion.

You did the same thing when you reserved your sympathy by concluding that they weren't connected.

I'm also tempted to have sympathy for him, but then I read the stuff about domestic abuse.

I'm arguing for the possibility that they may be connected, and not to just dismiss this man's issues because he does something you don't personally agree with. That's why I asked, where do we draw the line? Should we stop feeling sympathy for someone who is mentally ill when they do something we don't agree with? Without considering that it could be caused by that same illness?

I know these are big questions, and I hope you don't feel as if im singling you out or criticizing you, because that's not my intention. It's all in good fun!

KingGondo

Banned
I'm arguing for the possibility that they may be connected, and not to just dismiss this man's issues because he does something you don't personally agree with. That's why I asked, where do we draw the line? Should we stop feeling sympathy for someone who is mentally ill when they do something we don't agree with? Without considering that it could be caused by that same illness?

I know these are big questions, and I hope you don't feel as if im singling you out or criticizing you.
No worries. I always enjoy a spirited discussion.

I feel sympathy for his mental illness, if that's what this is.

At the same time, this guy needs to be separated from society whether or not his violence was caused by mental illness. If that was the cause, he needs to be treated. If not, he needs to be in jail.

In 2013, he got married again, to an L.A. restaurateur named Mira Pak, and the two would spend up to 17 hours a day cutting shapes out of the plastic and joining them together into various objects meant to demonstrate not only his one-times-one theory but many others as well.

Slayven read that and teared up wondering why can't he have that. Why do the bad boys get the good girls.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I was so pleased when he haggled himself out of Iron Man 2. He was an utterly shit Rhodey, and seems he's a huge tool as well!

LCGeek

formerly sane
This is nuts even for my own posts on the subject.

I merely played with zero and gave new ideas he literally broke the rules of processing.

Slayven read that and teared up wondering why can't he have that. Why do the bad boys get the good girls.

I just wonder what the ex-wife was thinking throughout all this. It had to go from "Wow, Terrance Howard! And he likes me! He must be normal." to "What in the name of all things is...what...one times what? Why?" real fast.

The Beard

I have this funny idea that he's on this whole 1x1=2 thing because he hasn't realized that addition is already an operation that exists, and he's going to spend the rest of his life reproving the foundational basics of mathematics just to reinvent addition.

When he invents addition, he gonna lose his fucking mind. His smug factor will multiply by 10x.

akira28

He thought HE was the star of Iron Man.

So, sure.

that's amusing for the outside, but great, wonderful for movie dynamic. The kind of acting you can work out of a ham like that, it was really a shame that they had an actual fucking comic book character already in their movie and they let him go for Don "Just standing there" Cheadle.

LakeEarth

NASA shot a camera into space which whipped it around Jupiter, became one of the fastest man-made objects ever created, and it successfully passed by Pluto exactly when they calculated it would. But no Terrence, I'm sure you're right, 1x1 = 2.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
He's like evil Jaden Smith.

Explains why iron man dumped him so hard. Shame because he's a talented actor.

I got 10 seconds into this shit and was like nah. Started off completely fine.

Terrence: "diamonds are just carbon"
Me: "Can't argue that, though he forgot heat and pressure but meh"
Terrence: "carbon lifeforms attract each other"
Me: "whelp..."

edit: watched more, I see what he was saying about black dudes in a room...sad but so true. Like the Dave Chapelle skit about two black dudes on a plane during a hijacking lol.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Oh boy, no one tell him about the whole don't divide by 0 thing.

Yet all our machines can do so. Maybe its time to rethink its place or how numbers can work in various ways besides obvious linearity.

I earned this title you can divide by zero and without zero or it's various properties math really doesn't work as well as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom