• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT| suoiruF 2 hsalF 2 - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

What about
The Flash S2 |OT| 500 Days of Jays
?

animation1mur0j.gif

Joni

I REALLY hope they can tie all this up because at this point it just seems like some WWE unmasking shit.

They haven't attempted to explain anything yet, so it will probably be nicely tied up. We're just assuming they can't because they haven't started.

Kyoufu

It's funny how so many people are desperate to believe that Henry is still involved in all of this. Not being Zoom was one thing, now they're saying the man in the mask has to be Henry/Eddie.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's funny how so many people are desperate to believe that Henry is still involved in all of this. Not being Zoom was one thing, now they're saying the man in the mask has to be Henry/Eddie.

I was an early supporter of the Henry Allen/Zoom theory, but I'm off that.

I'm all about that 90's Flash crossover episode now.

Joni

Because just writing out Henry for unclear reasons is a black mark on the show if there is no real reason. It was already a huge idiotic stretch back then.

Kyoufu

Because just writing out Henry for unclear reasons is a black mark on the show if there is no real reason. It was already a huge idiotic stretch back then.

I'd consider it a red flag or a black mark if he was still a topic of discussion or even a mention, but neither him nor Eddie have been mentioned more than... like... once at the very beginning of the season.

It just wouldn't make any sense. At all.

If they're bringing Eddie back, and I think they will, it'd be Cobalt Blue in a future season.

Joni

I'd consider it a red flag or a black mark if he was still a topic of discussion or even a mention, but neither him nor Eddie have been mentioned more than... like... once at the very beginning of the season.

It just wouldn't make any sense. At all.

Eddie is dead, his actor is on Quantico. That was wishful thinking to get him back. Barry spent an entire season trying to get his dad out of prison, visiting him all the time. The minute he is released, he just leaves. Barry just moves on.

I'd be pretty upset I got my dad exonerated and he peaced out on me the same day. That's really fucked up. It was a horrible way to end the plot as it didn't make any sense on any level.

But eh, I just chalk up to being one of those poorly written things CW shows do from time to time. Like Laurel never telling her dad that Sara died.

Kyoufu

Eddie is dead, his actor is on Quantico. That was wishful thinking to get him back. Barry spent an entire season trying to get his dad out of prison, visiting him all the time. The minute he is released, he just leaves. Barry just moves on.

Yeah, that doesn't mean Henry is off to become a mass murderer after 15 years of spending time for something he didn't do. He's just too broken to resume his past life which is understandable.

It'd make no sense to use him as a villain.

As for Henry-2, well we found out in the Earth-2 episode that he's on Barry-2's speed dial and going to Atlantis with Barry-2's mom for their anniversary. He wasn't proclaimed to be missing, therefore no reason to assume he's the man in the mask.

morningbus

There's probably some budgetary issue that required Henry be written off so abruptly, but it still could have been handled better.

That's why I've extended my hope for a multi-episode 90s Flash arc.

Kyoufu

There's no room for Henry in this current arc because they chose to bring in Wally West and to develop that character instead. Henry will return, but probably not any time soon, there's just way too much going on.

We have to see Jessie Wells develop too.

Joni

Yeah, that doesn't mean Henry is off to become a mass murderer after 15 years of spending time for something he didn't do. He's just too broken to resume his past life which is understandable.
It isn't. He missed his son for 15 years, longing to be with him. Minute he gets out, he abandons the kid. Goodbye, don't care, I'll see you in a year. If there was something else behind it, it could have made sense.

As for Henry-2, well we found out in the Earth-2 episode that he's on Barry-2's speed dial and going to Atlantis with Barry-2's mom for their anniversary. He wasn't proclaimed to be missing, therefore no reason to assume he's the man in the mask.
The show made careful to never actually say it was Henry.

There's no room for Henry in this current arc because they chose to bring in Wally West and to develop that character instead. Henry will return, but probably not any time soon, there's just way too much going on.

We have to see Jessie Wells develop too.
They had half a season without Wally or Jessie.

morningbus

With what we have currently, I think it would have been better to save Henry leaving for a few episodes in. You wouldn't even have to change much about what we've gotten: have Barry be incredibly busy being the Flash, Henry doesn't have to even appear in any additional episodes, have Henry come to Barry and give the "go see the world" speech.

Wrapping up that loose end in one episode was not a satisfying pay-off for their relationship in season 1.

morningbus

There's already a bunch of supporting characters/family in this show. We don't need Barry's dad.

No doubt, especially since we already have Barry's dad, Joe.

It doesn't mean the whole thing couldn't have been handled better.

Kyoufu

No doubt, especially since we already have Barry's dad, Joe.

It doesn't mean the whole thing couldn't have been handled better.

I think they handled it fine tbh. I totally get why someone who hasn't been able to be there as a father for 15 years to someone such as The Flash, a superhero who saves the city from danger on a weekly basis would feel like he doesn't belong there.

The Flash S2 |OT| Rise of the Planet of the Jays
The Flash S2 |OT| Jays for days
The Flash S2 |OT| Return of the Jays
The Flash S2 |OT| Jay and Silent Jay

morningbus

I think they handled it fine tbh. I totally get why someone who hasn't been able to be there as a father for 15 years to someone such as The Flash, a superhero who saves the city from danger on a weekly basis would feel like he doesn't belong there.

Agreed. My point is to give the guy at least an episode to figure that out.

He realized it at the "So glad you're out of jail" party they were throwing him.

So there is 4 Jays then?
  • Masked Jay
  • Zoom Jay
  • Jay that Caitlin has hots for
  • Hunter Zolomon on the park bench.

Unless the one on the park bench was a decoy who was actually Zoom. But either way we know it is not as straight forward as Earth 1 & 2 versions. This points to a time travelling version of himself being in the mix.

We can take it at face value that Zoom is the oldest/most powerful. Which would put the Teams Jay Garrick as a possible younger version.

OR New Jay is older, has always needed more speed to stay healthy, and now, in his older years, decided to inflitrate Earth 1 and steal the Flash's speed.

I was thinking there was just three. Zoom who is Earth 2 Jay from the future went back in time to steal powers from the speedsters to stop him from dying. He then locks up his past self in the mask to protect him and to keep him out of his way. He then goes to Earth 1 and enlists Jay Earth 1 to help him out in exchange for power and what not. Zoom and Jay Earth 1 switch out pretending to be Team Flash Jay when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom