• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian - new screenshots and footage (IGN preview)

I have the creeping suspicion that this game is going to make many grown men cry
big big baby tears :(

That creature isn't even sweet, but if they really manage to make it come "alive",
no super-duper graphics will be needed to build a strong bond between the player, avatar and this thing.

According to the EDGE article, the feeling Ueda wants to drive home with players is "
happiness
".

Markoman

According to the EDGE article, the feeling Ueda wants to drive home with players is "
happiness
".

Well, mission not accomplished, at least for me. I may call my impressions from the game "sadness foreshadowing"...

But I have to add that I'll never own a dog or cat, because I'm weak...one sad
look and they can get everything they want from me ;P

Illucio

Banned
Well, mission not accomplished, at least for me. I may call my impressions from the game "sadness foreshadowing"...

But I have to add that I'll never own a dog or cat, because I'm weak...one sad
look and they can get everything they want from me ;P

The game will be sad, but the sadness is out of happiness.

Emotions is more then just a one way spectrum you know. :p

bigol

Animations and art style looks great but I still have no idea what this game is even about...

Mix of Shadow of the Colossus and Ico, more Ico than SOTC i think.

It's all about solving environmental puzzles and opening ways to explore the game world with Trico help.

Still don't know if there will be "enemies" like shadow enemies in Ico.

Yoloswaggins

Neo Member
which is kind of a the draw for this game. its still steeped into mystery. I rather have that revealed as I play the game instead of told beforehand.

That is true, but I mean what type game is it, Action adventure puzzle? Sequel to Shadow of the colossus?

edit: That clarifies a lot bigol, thanks lol

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Is it weird that I don't want to know exactly what this game is? Am I the only one that didn't know what they were getting for Christmas?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
No, neither did I with ICO & SOTC. Didn't stop them from being some of the top game experiences I've played.

Same here. I know some people want to know everything put I think devs should pander to people like us because those who want to know everything will still find it out eventually anyway.

Holy shit I am shook. New footage looks beautiful and those animations are nuts.
They really nailed the AI of Trico too.

I always knew about SoTC and Ico back in the day but only played the remaster on PS3 before fully appreciating their reverence.
Funny thing is I was hyped at TLG announcement in 09 before playing those games :p

Even though I'm not too interested in the game, I have to admit it's pretty awesome seeing things like this, just more confirmation that it exists and it's coming all because of the fans.

Hey remember when IGN said two years ago that this game was officially cancelled? Good times.

I remember that being a real highlight of hilarity , where despite being refuted by 3 high level Sony execs, IGN was still parroting as if their Russian sources had any merit of credibility left.

Hanmik

Hey remember when IGN said two years ago that this game was officially cancelled? Good times.

who could forget that..?

J711ivi.png

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/475505404915765248

Such a beautiful looking game. The creature / character design, animation, lighting and art direction are all looking great. Just like ICO and SotC, I still think this game is going to be something pretty special and will be an emotional journey.

Come on Sony, no more delays now, give me that release date at E3, it's time to let this game finally shine now.

I'm so excited to see Trico's AI. It's a real shame how under-explored that aspect is in titles with big budgets, but it really seems like Ueda's made it the core pillar of which TLG is designed around.

dmshaposv

Still slack jawed at the idiots who are calling this a 'up-res PS3' game.

The animation quality and the attention to detail (individual feathers moving) was never gonna be possible on the ps3 - let alone at a stable frame rate. The framerate actually looks solid here - coulr even possibly be the most solid game team ico put out at launch in terms of performance.

Great to see the game is coming along well but anybody else find it weird that Sony has been doing previews of the Last Guardian, GT Sport, and Gravity Rush 2 all before E3. Does this mean we can assume they all won't have a big presence in their conference then other than maybe quick trailers featuring release dates.

Yes I know GT Sport has a date already but it just seems strange Sony is giving big info on 3 of their upcoming 1st party games for this year a few weeks before E3.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Great to see the game is coming along well but anybody else find it weird that Sony has been doing previews of the Last Guardian, GT Sport, and Gravity Rush 2 all before E3. Does this mean we can assume they all won't have a big presence in their conference then other than maybe quick trailers featuring release dates.

Yes I know GT Sport has a date already but it just seems strange Sony is giving big info on 3 of their upcoming 1st party games for this year a few weeks before E3.

I'm not having a go here but we get exactly the same comment every year. It means that Sony can create hype for the games leading up to E3, during E3 and then of course after E3. People only really watch E3 for new announcements anyway so what difference does it make? And then there are people who don't frequent forums but will go out of their way to watch an event like E3. Sony know what they're doing.

Auctopus

Dead Don't Ride and Horizon will probably get blowouts/reveals etc. in the conference. RRest will be Indie and 3rd Party.

Floody

They'll probably show parts of what they previewed at E3, I think they just had a few journalist over at Japan Studios, so showed those games off at the same time. I doubt any of them would ever take up huge slots of their conference, just a 5-10 minute demo at most.

All three still have a lot to show yet, GTSport in particular. I'm hoping that atleast all 3 make it this year, will ease the rumored Horizon delay.

TLG this year and Shenmue III next year.

Ok after this even if I stop gaming I think that I can say that my Gamer Life will be complete.

Saw the video, won't read the article. Total blackout for me.

Top Bottom