• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian - new screenshots and footage (IGN preview)

dmshaposv

Name me one PS3 game that has the level of detail as trico and ran at a stable framerate.

There isnt. The team's ambition was just ridiculous high and by delaying the game a console gen they actually seem to have achieved it.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
With the "content" they put out it would surprise me. There are a lot of sites out there putting out substantially better content on a regular basis let alone YouTubers, Blogs and all other manner of contemporary aggregators. I figured IGN was facing a steep decline with all the competition these days.

But if you are right and they are still the biggest by far then I'd say that's both odd and sad given the variety of other news destinations there are these days. Guess maybe people are more happy with their content then I thought.
They're basically the COD of gaming websites, a large contingent of detractors that visit their website anyway.

I wouldn't even call it low end. They managed to take some fairly bad screenshots but in motion the game looks like a AAA PS4 release to me.

Again, watch the gamersyde footage. It is pretty subdued, but looks good. http://www.gamersyde.com/news_e3_the_last_guardian_gameplay-16674_en.html

Cave Johnson: From the Gamersyde footage I wouldn't say it looks equivalent to a low budget PS4 game. If they can improve the AA it will be up there with the better looking games. The lighting is good, the animation is excellent and the texture detail is good. Geometry is good as well.

The "A" term denotes the budget associated with the project with A being small AA on a relatively between and AAA being the highest value of that measure. So "low end AAA" means it's at the ballpark with double digit millions just not as high end AAA as MGSV or GTAV

I'm not sure what you mean unfortunately as I missed the discussions you're referring to.

To be clear, I largely don't care about graphics. I do expect them to be able to work as visual communication effectively without detracting from the experience, however. Saying graphics flat out don't matter is like saying reading a 1000 page book with a barely legible font isn't a problem. I don't really have a problem with this game's graphics, I just think it clearly looks like it was started on a PS3. My only issue here is the neverending trend of people in threads about projects they want so badly they're LITERALLY crying and taking it personally if anyone cares to express opinions that threaten to make the thread more than 1 dimensional.

Re: Performance, I personally couldn't play SotC until the PS3 remaster. The PS2 version was horrendous for me. I'd have to say I'm quite pleased they chose to wait to release this on PS4, though it sounds like they flat out didn't have a choice.

There were more concern and drive-by trolling than what was needed in this thread and most of them had to be about the graphics, that was the point I was trying to get across.

Ok, big question time:

Tryco or Treeco?

Here's a hint:

56329.jpg

I believe this is how it is pronounced in Japanese. Better keep it that way.

More like ...

English - Treeco
Japanese - Toriko, which is essentially Trico converted to their language.

Supposedly yes, but everyone from Sony or the press that said its name in an English context pronounced it Tryco. Also, Trico is Toriko to English, not the other way around.

Agram

Supposedly yes, but everyone from Sony or the press that said its name in an English context pronounced it Tryco. Also, Trico is Toriko to English, not the other way around.
Tryco is wrong.
And you know how everyone pronounces Ico as eye-koh when it is eeko.

I did and I stated it's wrong.

And you were preaching to the choir, sort of. But that's how I've heard people saying it so far.

Proof for Shuhei saying that?

I'm listening to some 2015 E3 interviews searching for one, but I could be thinking of another Sony bigwig, and if that's the case it would likely be an American. I'll retract that statement if you want.

Agram

And you were preaching to the choir, sort of. But that's how I've heard people saying it so far.

I'm listening to some 2015 E3 interviews searching for one, but I could be thinking of another Sony bigwig, and if that's the case it would likely be an American. I'll retract that statement if you want.
This is a stupid argument I don't want to continue, but it is a game from (ex) Team Ico and this is how I see it.
Ico - Nico (SotC code name) - Project Trico (TLG)
eeko - neeko - treeko

The animation technology looks absolutely nuts, highly procedural and clearly based on physical properties like center of mass. I am expecting animation to be as mind-blowing as it was in SoTC. I wish other people could start appreciating things other than rendering techniques for making a game become more realistic and engaging

This is a stupid argument I don't want to continue, but it is a game from (ex) Team Ico and this is how I see it.
Ico - Nico (SotC code name) - Project Trico (TLG)
eeko - neeko - treeko

Did not know SoTC was codenamed Nico. It is weird then that TLG was not codenamed sanco instead, to follow the Japanese counting system...

pixelation

I know it doesn't look like a technical masterpiece, but it does look like a Team Ico game and that's all that really matters to me... DAY ONE!!!

Major B.S.

Neo Member
I have a secret hope that the final scope of this game is much bigger than what we've been shown. I want Trico and the kid to grow up over the course of this thing and then get to fly on his back all while taking down colossi by skydiving down onto them...

Unlikely, but how wicked cricket would that be!!!

Game looks like a ps3 game for some reason from every screenshots and videos I've seen, not sure its because of the lighting or shading.

Looks pretty cool ! Didn't read much about it, just saw one demo (last e3 I guess), but what's the core of the game? Puzzles, exploration? Anyway, loving the art style...

KOHIPEET

Well, it's probably gonna end up being a fantastic game, but these screens and videos just do nothing for me. It actually looks bad imo.

People shitting on the graphics probably are not interested in this anyway if that's all they took from the article. The game is shaping up to be as good, really good, and in motion it looks great.

Top Bottom