• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unannounced Platinum Game Coming to E3 (IGN)

Hypron

Don't forget, without Nintendo Bayonetta 2 would be running at a perfect rock solid 0 fps.

But that's not what this thread's about. We know there's a new game coming from Platinum; we can only guess what platform(s) it will be released on until the announcement.

Will I be unhappy if the game is a Wii U exclusive? No, I have one so I'll play the game and will be really happy that it exists.

However, I have no emotional attachment to a platform, I care mostly about how good the final product will be. Some people (including) me are hoping it's not a Wii U exclusive because Platinum could definitely use the extra power.

Some of their games are definitely limited by the power of the platforms they are on (like MGR:R and TW101 - where their respective consoles are brought to their knees as soon as their main mechanic [respectively cutting shit in pieces and having tons of NPCs on screen] is used too much).

If they had more power at their disposal they could just do more, and that would benefit the game's gameplay.

btw. is there a list somewhere with PS4/Bone games that run at rock solid 60 fps? I've played many of those on Wii U.

Most Wii U games running at a locked 60 FPS are all pretty simple graphically. The type of games Platinum Games make won't run at a locked 60 FPS on that console — or on any console for that matter. But developing on Xbox One/PS4 will give them a lot more power to play with, so we can hope that they can take advantage of that.

The fact that Mario games or Captain Toad run at a perfect 60fps has absolutely 0 bearing on how Platinum games run. The Platinum games on Wii U, TW101 and Bayo 2 run at fairly uneven framerates (Bayo 1/MGR:R, while far from perfect both ran better on 360 for example).

KiraXD

tumblr_mtdul5933y1rmvyxuo1_500.gif

i seriously fucking love the mouth animation for Raiden... with his prosthetic jaw... it looks SO FUCKING COOL... such a weird thing to be amazed by... but yeah...

Hypron

LavishNimbleCod.gif

---

I desperately want it to be a Jojo game, but which Jojo would you do?

Stardust Crusaders duh.

Jolyne would be the one the most suited to a standard action game, since she's got the most mobility options and can alter her own body with her stand. She can also bring out her stand and ORA ORA ORA fools with punches the strength of meteors so all is well.

Bayo 1 run better at times, but had worse drops overall on Xbox 360 too be fair. But then Bayo 1 runs around the same on Wii U w/o tearing. Bayo 2 looks a lot better than 1. So comparing Bayo 1 on Xbox 360 and Bayo 2 on Wii U is weird.

We JoJo now? Stone Ocean or SBR.

Hypron

Bayo 1 run better at times, but had worse drops overall on Xbox 360 too be fair. But then Bayo 1 runs around the same on Wii U w/o tearing.

I'm not so sure. They both have very bad drops in certain situations. In Bayo 1, the framerate against Iustitia and the second time you fight Sapentia is borderline unplayable for example. In Bayo 2 activating umbran climax with more than a couple of enemies on screen/against some bosses kills the framerate (and doing so in Tag Climax brings the Wii U to its knees asking you to put it out of its misery).

Bayo 2 looks a lot better than 1. So comparing Bayo 1 on Xbox 360 and Bayo 2 on Wii U is weird.

It's true that Bayo 2 looks a lot better but that's kinda expected of a sequel, especially when moving to a next gen console. I was just pointing out that they could do better on more capable hardware.

Astral Dog

It really depends on what type of game they are making, if its on Wii U its probably going to be a Nintendo ip like Star Fox, if its Metal Gear Rising 2 (or Devil May Cry 5?) next gen is obvious.

Whatever it is, i hope its awesome, and that Scalebound has a cool trailer.

silva1991

Don't forget, without Nintendo Bayonetta 2 would be running at a perfect rock solid 0 fps.

btw. is there a list somewhere with PS4/Bone games that run at rock solid 60 fps? I've played many of those on Wii U.

I know and I love Nintendo for that. I just don't understand why would any one hope the next game will be on the weakest console's exclusive if it will drop frame rates alot.

If the next game is funded by Nintendo I will be thankful no matter what.

But developing on Xbox One/PS4 will give them a lot more power to play with, so we can hope that they can take advantage of that

It's Platinum, man. Give them a console with ten times the power and they'll just use it to throw ten times the dragons at you to fight at once, framerate be damned.

And I love them for it.

Nairume

Banned
I know and I love Nintendo for that. I just don't understand why would any one hope the next game will be on the weakest console's exclusive if it will drop frame rates alot.
Because there's nothing that says that a Platinum game on the WiiU has to have frame drops.

Maggots

Banned

probably cause the track record is so good... their collaborations are solid even if frames are not.

Malus

Well if they put it on PS4/XBO/PC it would still have the possibility of frame drops. It's just a matter of how demanding the game is for the platform it's on.

Zubz

Banned
What if it was a JoJo crossJover? Like, all 8 JoJo's are pulled from their universe due to some crazy stand user and they have to defeat him/her? I mean, that way, they don't have to pick a part.

_Clash_

I can see Bayonetta 3.

I mean the engine and some assets are all ready to go.

Turn around time would be significantly lower than Bayo 2.

it makes sense.

krizzx

Bayo 1 run better at times, but had worse drops overall on Xbox 360 too be fair. But then Bayo 1 runs around the same on Wii U w/o tearing. Bayo 2 looks a lot better than 1. So comparing Bayo 1 on Xbox 360 and Bayo 2 on Wii U is weird.

We JoJo now? Stone Ocean or SBR.

I thought the analysis df did on Bayo 1 for the Wii U put it all around higher in performance, fps and all, comapared to the the 360 version?

What areas did it do worse in? I remember them giving it overall to the Wii U version.

The Wii U version has slowdown that I'm fairly sure isn't in the 360 one (particularly during the start of the chapter that takes place on the plane, and during the final boss fight when the boss uses its elemental projectiles).

What areas did it do worse in? I remember them giving it overall to the Wii U version.

Yeah the Wii U version does overall win with the better image quality through v-sync. What I was trying to point out is, that Bayo 2 probably would have the same issues on Xbox 360. And said comparing 1 to 2 on different platforms won't cut it.
That's why I brought up how Bayonetta 1 does perform similar on both platforms. The areas where it does better or worse are not noteworthy though.

Top Bottom