• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unannounced Platinum Game Coming to E3 (IGN)

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Haven't been banned in a long time I think.

I think I must just not come on here as much as a I used to then. Did not remember anything changing with regards to their status, but at some point when you get old enough the years just start bleeding together...

TimmiT

http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/235385-platinum-tweeting-out-teases-for-their-new-game

BIwDlq2.png

Viewtiful Joe confirmed?

Sounds like he was just joking, he tweeted this afterwards:
f35Fbk8.png

https://twitter.com/PG_jp/status/608072147823697921

Shauni

why ? so that it runs at 40-50fps like Bayonetta 2?

hopefully current gen game.

Well, Wii U is current gen
timeline based generations for life, yo

But anyway, Bayonetta 2 ran fine most of the time. I doubt it being to specific hardware would matter in the end.

Hypron

WTF?
Its 60 fps throughout

No it's not. Check the digital foundry article if you want solid proof.

Or just play the game actually, the drops are pretty noticeable (especially in Umbran Climax and/or in Tag Climax, where the game drops a lot - down to like 20fps or lower when you have too much shit on screen).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I can't take these teases. Seeing red? Jetstream Sam is red... Wonder Red is red... RED COULD MEAN ANYTHING!

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
I just wish he would be more open to other platforms. His Nintendo fandom is blinding him silly most of the times!

A few years back, we started up Gone Microsoft and Going Sony. I blogged on Gone Microsoft for him, but neither of them were able to take off the way Go Nintendo did, and he ended up shuttering them not too long after launch. I remember him saying he had some plans to re-expand into coverage of other platforms again, but I am not sure whether that ended up turning into anything.

"Seeing Red", "Oh My God" & "Crying" can be used to describe pretty much every game in their catalog so I'm gonna trust JP when he says that there are no hints & look at is as conformation that the game will be in line with all their other games.

They talked about self publishing smaller games on Steam a long time ago so maybe that's what this is. I'm hoping for Metal Gear Rising 2: Zandatsu Boogaloo though because I need more hype ass Boss Fights with hype ass battle themes in my life.

I just wish he would be more open to other platforms. His Nintendo fandom is blinding him silly most of the times!

How is that? He tried other sites, covering other platforms a while ago--it didn't work out. Why post non-Nintendo news if it's not what his readers want?

I don't understand the blind comment at all though. Have you ever listened to GN's podcast? They discuss other games on other platforms all the time.

Ganondorfo

It won't be Vanquish 2 because Mikami doesn't work there anymore, so it's probably going to be a new IP inspired by Resident Evil 2 from Kamiya.

It won't be Vanquish 2 because Mikami doesn't work there anymore, so it's probably going to be a new IP inspired by Resident Evil 2 from Kamiya.
Kamiya has said many times he doesn't enjoy horror and isn't really interested in doing another horror game. I also assume he's busy with scalebound.

jimi_dini

why ? so that it runs at 40-50fps like Bayonetta 2?

hopefully current gen game.

Don't forget, without Nintendo Bayonetta 2 would be running at a perfect rock solid 0 fps.

btw. is there a list somewhere with PS4/Bone games that run at rock solid 60 fps? I've played many of those on Wii U.

TreIII

Metroid by them would be freaking sweet, but fear it might be just a little bit to action based.

As others said, considering that P* is made up of a number of the same people who made the original Devil May Cry and Okami, I think they have it in them to make a game that could focus on exploration and still have some stylish combat to go around. And if they have some help from Nintendo SPD1 to fine tune the exploration-elements, so much the better.

Shauni

[/b]

Actually you should do you research before calling people out on bullshit, according to Df foundry it does run 40-50fps on average.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=82&v=D8btNuuCY90

I don't know really what their definition of average is, but I thought it ran pretty smoothly for the most part, though, as I acknowledged in that post, there are definitely noticeable drops. But you calling someone out for bullshit and lack of research lol. This thread really has it all.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Stop feeding the ninjatroll, people.

I really hope Platinum will bring another "40-50 fps" goody for Wii U to feed his despair.

Shauni

Stop feeding the ninjatroll, people.

I really hope Platinum will bring another "40-50 fps" goody for Wii U to feed his despair.

Hey, you don't have to tell me about ninjablade or anything. Just couldn't help but point out that one haha.

Ah, Platinum threads.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Honestly I'd prefer it on another platform but I kinda want this to happen just because I find his posts obnoxious.

Actually I would love to get a first class Platinum Games game for my PC. I can only imagine the deliciousness of playing it crispy and smoothly.

But I would so much enjoy another Wii U exclusive just for the likes of him.

And I'm still thinking about buying an Xbone if Scalebound turns out to be great, as expected.

Top Bottom