• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted Collection demo up in PS Store Worldwide

M.Steiner

Quick question, has video recording been disabled for this by any chance? I tried recording with the share button earlier but it didn't seem to be working for me. Just screenshots.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Anyone that says UC2 is the worst TPS ever and has shit gameplay should be banned from the internet. It may not be the best, or even in your top 50 tps games, but it is no where near that bad. Don't be asinine, or people wont take you seriously.

At any rate, when should we expect this to go live in North America today? Looking forward to seeing how it looks. Got a bunch of Taken King and MGSV to play in the meantime though.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Anyone that says UC2 is the worst TPS ever and has shit gameplay should be banned from the internet. It may not be the best, or even in your top 50 tps games, but it is no where near that bad. Don't be asinine, or people wont take you seriously.

I wouldn't bother with advice, the guy is clearly a troll. Confirmation of a troll is always when they think their opinion is 'too real' for people to deal with.

Comparing Uncharted 2's controls to GTA 3 was also a pretty big alarm bell.

Vashetti

Banned
It looked great but I honestly found the 60fps really jarring and struggled to aim.

I'm fine with 60fps in other games and loved it in TLOU:R for instance.

Teletraan1

Banned
I assume you are on a cap? If so, does your internet bandwidth cap not reset every month? Because it's the first of the month in 2 days so it should reset days before friday.

When I was on a cap (never again) it used to reset with my billing cycle. Just like my mobile data does. Just more ways to trip people up and trick them into spending more money.

I hope the photomode isn't final. Seems to be somewhat limited at the moment (can't use while aiming or in cover)

Yeah that was disappointing.

Having played the demo I know I won't be buying the game again. Had my fill plenty of the originals and no need to play these again. I look forward to the new game but I'm done with the originals.

BeeDog

Yeah that was disappointing.

Having played the demo I know I won't be buying the game again. Had my fill plenty of the originals and no need to play these again. I look forward to the new game but I'm done with the originals.

Same here. The demo felt really good due to the fluidity (though it didn't miraculously transform the game), but I can't be arsed to replay the games again. Only Uncharted 4 for me.

I haven't played any of them in long enough so I'm fine buying it, and it'll be nice to get a refresher before 4. Also that new difficulty.

I haven't played any of them in long enough so I'm fine buying it, and it'll be nice to get a refresher before 4. Also that new difficulty.

This sums up for me as well. I've actually played each through only once and this collection has been one of my most anticipated releases of the year.

Same here. The demo felt really good due to the fluidity (though it didn't miraculously transform the game), but I can't be arsed to replay the games again. Only Uncharted 4 for me.
Same here. I liked playing it but i played these games multiple times. Can not wait for Uncharted 4 though!
Lol, the game was in dutch by the way (good region detection). I really don't want to play games in Dutch. Good that we can change the language.

I hope the photomode isn't final. Seems to be somewhat limited at the moment (can't use while aiming or in cover)

Both aiming and cover screenshots worked for me.

Some action sequences around the chopper where disabled but that's it.

And I totally expected all the hate from the now experts on the series, having today, played the game for the first time...

Both aiming and cover screenshots worked for me.

Some action sequences around the chopper where disabled but that's it.

And I totally expected all the hate from the now experts on the series, having today, played the game for the first time...
LTTP reactions are always horrible to read. Shit evolves. Things change. You had to play it THEN.

Eggbok

Yeah and the camera is almost glued to Nathan, it's a bit weird.
I can get it to work while in cover though.

uncharted_thenathandr1zpf9.png

uncharted_thenathandrsar3k.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

He didn't say it's the worst TPS ever, just that it's the worst one he's ever played.

Just gave the demo a test, the game looks absolutely stunning and that 60fps has it running smooth as butter. The gun play feels way better and easier to aim with the 60fps. If this had multiplayer it would easily be one of my most played games for a long time.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Been playing this through a few more times and I think I kinda forgot how 'cut-sceney' this game feels at times during game play, can't wait to play the first one as that was always my favorite, I felt as they moved through the series you got progressively more locked into retrying cut scenes.

It's the game I remember playing, which has saved me £40. It's what I remember. And while I recognise that my memory is lying to me, because this looks much better, the demo pretty much let me know I don't need to play through this again. It's very impressive, but I suspect that this'll go down better with those who didn't have a PS3 last gen, and will be coming to these games for the first time.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's the game I remember playing, which has saved me £40. It's what I remember. And while I recognise that my memory is lying to me, because this looks much better, the demo pretty much let me know I don't need to play through this again. It's very impressive, but I suspect that this'll go down better with those who didn't have a PS3 last gen, and will be coming to these games for the first time.
Exactly what I wanted to know... thanks for this. Played through all three and loved them all, but not sure I want to see them again.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
This thread really turned to shit over night didn't it?

Hazanko

Banned
Just gave the demo a test, the game looks absolutely stunning and that 60fps has it running smooth as butter. The gun play feels way better and easier to aim with the 60fps. If this had multiplayer it would easily be one of my most played games for a long time.

Yup, i've no interest in getting any more Uncharted games but gave the demo a try and bluepoint did an amazing job with this. 60fps is obviously amazing.

Just played the demo, and looks great. but shorter then i expected, i also thought it would start at the Jeep chase not the elevator. Photo mode is cool, and taken right from The Last of Us, it even has the "Infected" filter. From the start of opening the demo with Nate's them 2.0 to the sound when you die it brings back memories.

Went back and played a little of all 3 games on PS3 over the weekend and forgot just how bad the shooting in Uncharted 1 was. cant wait to play it next week with the new controls.

Shin-Ra

There's already some info on trophies.

Some trophy info (I think mainly for Drake's Fortune so far) coming from this thread: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/uncharted-the-nathan-drake-collection/275609-about-trophies.html

There's some new trophies like "finish chapter X in less than X minutes" for a couple of the chapters, probably to promote the new speed run mode:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5342487-post24.html

Completing the game on brutal difficulty is not required for platinum, because the trophy for completing the game on brutal is placed on a separate list, like it was done for grounded in The Last of Us Remastered:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5342508-post25.html

There's already some info on trophies.

Thankfully Brutal isnt needed for the Platinum, so i can try and getting all 3 again Platinum's

And Brutal sounds insane, like worse then Grounded on TLoU, The Treasures being in the same places is nice, now lets see how my memory works in finding them without a walkthough.

Well with the NDA expiring soon they should be posted by the weekend.

chrislowe

Half demo downloaded in 3minutes.. so 3 minutes to go.... *counting*

edit : it was under games-demos section on PSN, no need to search.

Melfice7

Downloaded this at 12mb/s from start to finish, i have a really different psn speed experience than what i see most people talk about O:

Anyway it's what i expected, better IQ and Uncharted (like any other game would) feels great at 60 fps! crossing fingers that they can get U4 MP up to 60

Certinty

While the gunplay isn't great it's still improved so much over the original. That alone for me makes this worth a purchase, just not sure if I'll buy it at launch or wait till sub-£30.

dealer-

I had the same feeling playing through this again. I would've given ND my £40 if it wasn't for the demo.. Maybe when it's a bit cheaper.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
So, pretty certain NA PSN just updated and now has the Just Dance 2016 demo that wasn't there earlier, but still no NDC...

Unless JC16 is just appearing on top of the list, where it was Disgae 5 before...

Top Bottom