• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn - Review Thread

Wow hard to believe an interactive movie-game got so many good reviews. So games like these can get good reviews if done well :). QD needs to get some pointers from this team.

Congrats to Supermassive games to pull this off.

This is a great couple of weeks for gaming.

MGS 5 - Great reviews (but expected)

Until Dawn - Good reviews (pleasantly surprised)

Now if Mad Max scores well, I'm gonna need a time machine to have enough time to play everything.

Anyone know when Mad Max reviews will drop?

FelipeMGM

This is a great couple of weeks for gaming.

MGS 5 - Great reviews (but expected)

Until Dawn - Good reviews (pleasantly surprised)

Now if Mad Max scores well, I'm gonna need a time machine to have enough time to play everything.

Anyone know when Mad Max reviews will drop?

Monday 4pm PT

UberTag

I would consider Heavy Rain to be a better game as well.
Both in terms of how its ending was executed as well as in the variety of its gameplay on offer.

That said, Until Dawn boasts better performances from its principal characters and really executes on its vision. Offers some truly winning horror movie tributes throughout with nods to Friday the 13th, Scream, Evil Dead, Saw, The Descent, Cabin in the Woods and more. This game felt like a love letter to horror movies in so many ways.

When do positive reviews like shacknews and forbes get added to meta?

There are really good reviews from huge gaming sites that don't show on the meta rating.

There were some moments in Beyond Two Souls that made me think a straight up horror/slasher game in that style would be amazing. Can't wait for this!

So a game where choices matter.

I wonder what happens if you kill all characters in the first hour of the game.

Do we know how long it is?

BiggNife

10-12 according to reviews.

And it sounds like the first few hours are just character building and the potential deaths don't come until later.

UberTag

The game takes anywhere from 7-10 hours on your initial playthrough.
Less time on replays.

As for whether you can kill off all your characters in the first hour of the game, I'm afraid that's not possible.
That time's mainly reserved to set up the characters and get you accustomed to the gameplay.

Troy

Banned
Gonna rent this despite not really liking anything I've seen of it so far just to support Rami. Love his voice.

I really really want to play this but I'm going to try to hold out until it's $40 and closer to Halloween. Key word "try".

This does seem more like a rental game than one I should buy.

sensui-tomo

This is ridiculous. I have no money yet Im about to buy this on ps store. Why shouldnt I? Convince me GAF

nvm, seen above post...... wait for a price drop in 2-5 weeks? or get it and have a group of friends come over and take turns to play it and get the most out of it.

Pastry

Banned
Whats a redbox

European here. Game renting went extinct few years ago

It's a DVD/Bluray/Videogame rental vending machine. They're everywhere in the U.S. and you can rent a movie for $1.50 a day and a videogame for $3 a day, it'll be perfect for this game. It's how I plan on playing it, I'll spend like $6 and have it for the weekend.

Can someone sum up some of the common complaints? I read the IGN review and what really put me off about it is the story being different/not as good over the second half (edit: I guess the word they used was "silly", whatever that means). Is that a complaint other reviews have brought up?

Just as a suggestion I also think those things should be in the OP of any review thread. What are the things many are praising? What's being criticized? How long is the game? Things like that.

ViciousDS

Banned
Can someone sum up some of the common complaints? I read the IGN review and what really put me off about it is the story being different/not as good over the second half. Is that a complaint other reviews have brought up?

Just as a suggestion I also think those things should be in the OP of any review thread. What are the things many are praising? What's being criticized? How long is the game? Things like that.

just look at polygon's title for there review.....I can only imagine what it pulls

UNTIL DAWN REVIEW: A CABIN IN THE WOODS

drotahorror

Has there been any word on the framerate?

30 locked? Variable 60? Just curious. If it's variable, would be nice to have a locked 30 option.

Top Bottom