• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 29 |OT| RematchaMania XXVIII-2: Out with the new and in with the old!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I legit feel bad for the poor guy that played Bastion Booger. The guy had such a cruddy and humiliating gimmick than had a meeting with Vince on his own accord to get an angle or something. What happened was Vince forgot he was on the roster and released him a week later.

That sucks

That does suck, severely. Poor dude. He's dead now I believe.

yZ7ZvaX.jpg

jred2k

My only worry is whether or not Cena actually remembers how to be a heel. Hes had the same shtick for so long it might be hard to break. On the other hand, it could be something that hes been wanting to do, and he'll take the urn ball and run with it.

Sephzilla

Nah, Fandango's heat is "go away" heat. He got vignettes for a long ass time hyping him up, and would pop up to say "lol not wrestling" for a month, and is saddled with a stupid Dancing With The Stars gimmick.

People are just sick of him and are booing him because he's not entertaining and as of right now is a waste of time.

My only worry is whether or not Cena actually remembers how to be a heel. Hes had the same shtick for so long it might be hard to break. On the other hand, it could be something that hes been wanting to do, and he'll take the urn ball and run with it.

He doesnt have to remember anything. His shtick is already perfect for a heel. That self satisfied arrogant smile. The constant attitude that he is better than everyone. The non stop belittling of everyone around him.

Its all there.

krae_man

I legit feel bad for the poor guy that played Bastion Booger. The guy had such a cruddy and humiliating gimmick than had a meeting with Vince on his own accord to get an angle or something. What happened was Vince forgot he was on the roster and released him a week later.

That sucks

LOL That's like when Jimmy Wang Yank was backstage visiting friends after getting released and Vince started talking to him about what he wanted him to do that night and Jimmy had to tell Vince he was released.

Jimmy got rehired as a result.

strobogo

Banned
LOL R U SRS?

That is absurd.

It's not. He got zero reaction at the Raw I went to. Not exaggerating at all, El Hijo de Perfecto and JTG got bigger reactions than Dolph. Claudio got a bigger reaction and he had a full jobber entrance coming out while an ad for The Call was playing.

Sephzilla

yeah this is real fucked up

trump taking his spot. jesus.

It wont happen but Trump should get booed for that. (It wont happen because it's obviously not Trumps fault and the people at the show wont give a crap)

It's not. He got zero reaction at the Raw I went to. Not exaggerating at all, El Hijo de Perfecto and JTG got bigger reactions than Dolph. Claudio got a bigger reaction and he had a full jobber entrance coming out while an ad for The Call was playing.

Well he's been jobbing constantly for a few months now, basically. It's hard to avoid getting Zack Ryder-tier pops when you do nothing but lose.

I'd love it if Bruno told Vince where to stick his hall of fame - wasn't one of his issues with it in the first place that Vince inducted celebrities?

Zandig is amazing, but he takes some serious abuse. Where is Bootaaay, the Zandig Fan Club President?

Zandig IS amazing, whether people want to appreciate that irrevocable fact or not.

i5L0k3ZNNEWCB.gif

iJF2C8rK0Qbna.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love it if Bruno told Vince where to stick his hall of fame - wasn't one of his issues with it in the first place that Vince inducted celebrities?

Zandig IS amazing, whether people want to appreciate that irrevocable fact or not.

i5L0k3ZNNEWCB.gif

iJF2C8rK0Qbna.gif

It was weird, watching Superstar Billy Graham's induction speech and how he profusely thanked the McMahons for everything ever - and then how he feels now. Wonder what Bruno's up to, but it's probably on the up and up.

All hail Zandig

Miz vs Barrett
Miz wins with the figure 4

Funk vs Scholars
Tough one to call but going for funky win just for the obligatory post match dance

Jericho vs Fandangoooooo
I keep thinking fandango should be put over but he has had the upper hand the last two weeks, he can't lose his debut though so Fandango to win through some heelery

Hell No vs Big Dolph
Hell no win after Big E tries to protect AJ and Ziggler gets distracted by it

Ryback vs Henry
Ryback wins after Henry conveniently goes to the top rope for the second time in his career or if vince has his way mark Henry tries to climb the model Empire State and Ryback flys remote control planes at him before grabbing him for shellshock

The Shield vs super friends
Shield wins after Sheamus hits big show with a bro kick by accident followed by a spear by Reigns

Alberto Del Rio vs Jack Swagger
Del Rio wins, puts Burrito on swagger

HHH vs Lesnar
HHH wins after getting a sledge hammer and hitting with it but because he's a nice guy he'll hold the end so he doesn't do too much damage. We will get a lot of recaps in the following weeks

Undertaker vs CM Punk
Undertaker wins, Taker and Kane pose and tribute to a hologram of Paul Bearer projected from the urn

The Rock vs Cena
See avatar

Verendus

Banned
That John Cena promo seemed somewhat abnormal. Abnormal in that it feels like he's turning heel. Normal in that it sucked as his promos tend to do. I'm going to believe The Rock is going to somehow win, then be disappointed when Shitstain wins instead.

Also, CM Punk is losing clean. I think people are crazy for expecting there to be shenanigans or that CM Punk stands a chance. He's getting tapped out or pinned clean. There won't be any DQ or other nonsense. They're not going to 'tarnish' the streak in that manner for someone like him.

strobogo

Banned
People also seem to forget how wrestling works: Heel does a bunch of crazy shit to the face, crosses the line, and gets his comeuppance at the big show. That's how it works. That's how this story works. He's gotten the best of Taker over and over and Taker finally gets his revenge once they have the match. The most basic story there is in wrestling.

Toki767

Yep. If this were 20 years ago, Undertaker would be absolutely destroying Punk the entire match. That's just how booking works.

strobogo

Banned
It doesn't matter. Rock won last time but he didn't really beat Cena. So he can win again, but he really wouldn't win because Cena would be beating himself again.

I'm going to be there. Me and 4 friends are heading out from Newcastle airport (via Amsterdam) to JFK on Thursday. Feels utterly surreal that I'm actually going to Wrestlemania.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to be there. Me and 4 friends are heading out from Newcastle airport (via Amsterdam) to JFK on Thursday. Feels utterly surreal that I'm actually going to Wrestlemania.

Cool! You should say howdy for a few other Wrasslegaffers who will be there hanging out and meeting up. It's a christmas miracle!

Kaladin

You know what would be an excellent rule to add to Money In The Bank since it has it's own PPV and there are two of them now?

If a money in the bank contract has not been used by the night of Wrestlemania, the owner of the contract has the option to cash it in for the belt of his choosing only on that given night.

- WWE Chairman Vince McMahon is said to be a huge fan of Fandango’s new character, which is the reason we’ve seen him get such a strong push in recent weeks. The match against Chris Jericho at WrestleMania 29 is designed to further get Fandango over – since a loss won’t hurt Jericho but a win for the newcomer at the WWE’s biggest show of the year would establish him as a strong mid-card player.

UberTag

- WWE Chairman Vince McMahon is said to be a huge fan of Fandango’s new character, which is the reason we’ve seen him get such a strong push in recent weeks. The match against Chris Jericho at WrestleMania 29 is designed to further get Fandango over – since a loss won’t hurt Jericho but a win for the newcomer at the WWE’s biggest show of the year would establish him as a strong mid-card player.
Until Vince loses interest a few weeks from now and Johnny Curtis goes back to pouring milk on his head while jobbing to everyone under the sun (mainly Miz and Kofi) on Superstars. Probably after he wins his first mid-card title. That's a sure sign that you'll be losing indefinitely for a while. Because that's what champions do.

Wash, rinse, repeat. We've been here before with so many other guys and so many other gimmicks.

Push people until Vince gets bored instead of actually booking long-term angles with payoffs that get both parties over.

Wish Vince would just follow Paul Bearer's lead here.

Source? Or is this a snippet from "Heavy's Dirtsheet for Cool Doodz?"

Omega

Banned
there's a midcard?

This was believable until the end, Vince doesn't give one fuck about the mid-card. Vince will either rocket him into the main event in the months after Wrestlemania, or he will get bored of him and he will be headlining Saturday Morning Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom