• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase 2024 + Call of Duty Direct | Official Neogaf |OT|

Are you hyped for the event?

• Yes

Votes: 143 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 49 16.5%
  • Neither, but i will watch it for the new games

Votes: 105 35.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Been reading some of the comments and some of yall are weird as fuck. Its automatically DEI when theres a woman or a black character in the game or the main character but y'all go crazy for some as a Big titted, scantlily outfitted asian chick who fights robots and monsters in some dystopian future. Y'all seriously need to step outside and touch some grass. A lot of it.

Also, this has been one of the best showcases in years- regardless of MS, Sony or Nintendo.
There's probably been the widest array of game genres shown and a shit ton of games being published by MS alone. If any of them do/eventually come to Playstation, forget whether its good for Microsoft or whatever, there finally seems to be more than the typical Souls like, horror-esque, live service, remake clones that have been being released in the last 5-10 years. If anyone wins, its us as gamers. There were so many games shown today that will come to game pass alone that will give me a choice to try. Im hyped for that alone.

Last edited:

March Climber

Gold Member
Those new CoD movement systems...

curiosity-curious.gif

Ristifer

I haven’t been able to keep up with everything. Was there a new AoE 2 expansion announced? Or was that just a rumour?

March Climber

Gold Member
Show is a solid A.

But I am a little disappointed that there was no Visions of Mana release date or some more BC stuff.
My hope is that they show more stuff in their usual extended gameplay showcase, but I can't seem to find the time for this. Are they not having one this year?

MrMephistoX

Been reading some of the comments and some of yall are weird as fuck. Its automatically DEI when theres a woman or a black character in the game or the main character but y'all go crazy for some as a Big titted, scantlily outfitted asian chick who fights robots and monsters in some dystopian future. Y'all seriously need to step outside and touch some grass. A lot of it.

Also, this has been one of the best showcases in years- regardless of MS, Sony or Nintendo.
There's probably been the widest array of game genres shown and a shit ton of games being published by MS alone. If any of them do/eventually come to Playstation, forget whether its good for Microsoft or whatever, there finally seems to be more than the typical Souls like, horror-esque, live service, remake clones that have been being released in the last 5-10 years. If anyone wins, its us as gamers. There were so many games shown today that will come to game pass alone that will give me a choice to try. Im hyped for that alone.
Agreed it’s just silly to be triggered by any hint of diversity at this point: I will say though that creators kind of need to ensure the quality of their product is high enough such that it shuts up the anti-woke crowd. Give me great art direction, writing and gameplay and I don’t care if it’s a big boobed Korean hottie or a Subaru driving red head with no heterosexual appeal whatsoever.

Last edited:

havoc00

There were some no-shows this year. Games which are announced or that we've heard are coming that weren't shown:

-Project Mara
-Contraband
-Everwild
-The Outer Worlds 2
-Clockwork Revolution
-Fallout 3 Remaster
-Oblivion Remaster

Definitely felt like they held some stuff back for later shows.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Overall much better than State of Play or SGF. Decent amount of stuff I care about, even if a lot of it wasn't new announcements. I'd give it a B+ overall, but in a dead year like this it feels better.

• More Doom is good. I'm ambivalent about the medieval direction, but I expect it to be great like the last two.
  • Perfect Dark has gone from a game I give zero shits about to an interesting looking im-sim
  • Stalker 2 looks real and good now, and I can actually believe this release date.
  • Indiana Jones is gonna be fun
  • Fable looks great, and a little more like a real game
  • Flight Sim 2024 is gonna eat all my time for like a month
On the negative/mixed front:
  • I'm totally burnt out on Gears of War and the whole cover shooter genre so unless it's a radical reinvention I don't really care.
  • Avowed looks better than it has in past showings but I am still expecting it to be mid. At least it will release on a dead year.

Is Everwild dead?
Was it ever even alive?

Mr.ODST

Guess they're saving BC announcements, Xbox portable, GoW collection etc for later in the year?
This is what I taken from it, Holiday season would be the perfect chance to announce an Xbox Portable with BC games being added or remakes, MS shown ALOT today, obviously they need to spread their announcements out through the year or they end up like Sony's SoP where they show one banger and a ton of indies because they already exhausted stuff earlier in the year.

Ogbert

Y’all y’all y’all y’all y’allllllll

stupid youtube GIF

Roberts

I loved the show. My highlights were (approx order of preference):

Shattered Space
Perfect Dark
Fable
South of Midnight
Doom
Stalker
Flintlock
Expedition 33
Mixtape
FragPunk

I didn't particularly like Avowed and Indy trailers, but I know I will be there day 1 when they drop.

Stafford

I really hoped for FF16 to get announced and hell maybe even FF7R, but that one is less likely. I guess GC or TGS are still possibilities.

Top Bottom