• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase 2024 + Call of Duty Direct | Official Neogaf |OT|

Are you hyped for the event?

• Yes

Votes: 143 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 49 16.5%
  • Neither, but i will watch it for the new games

Votes: 105 35.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
It was a really nice show; after that disastrous Summer Fest, I felt hopeful again about the future. As a PC owner, I'm glad I'll be able to experience some of these games(especially Stalker 2) until my Game Pass subscription ends. However, I still think Game Pass isn't sustainable and that Xbox is on an irreversible path. I hope this final effort helps them get back in the game, as it would be the best outcome for all gamers.

It’s PR 101: Newswires run Mon-Friday, with most journalists off on the weekends. Media dumps are put out on the weekends (when less people are paying attention). Tuesday and Wednesday before 2:00 p.m. is the ideal time for maximum reach. This is stuff you learn day 1 in school.
More people will watch on a Sunday, that's a fact, you know nothing.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
More people will watch on a Sunday, that's a fact, you know nothing.

Again, you’re wrong. This is why literally everyone since the dawn of the media age, puts things out between Mon-Thurs before 2:00 p.m.

The problem with this generation are people who want to be experts on topics they know nothing about.

Here’s a good article for you. Or, just google it.

Again, you’re wrong. This is why literally everyone since the dawn of the media age, puts things out between Mon-Thurs before 2:00 p.m.

The problem with this generation are people who want to be experts on topics they know nothing about.

Here’s a good article for you. Or, just google it.

Super Bowl, good day. The reason we haven't done it in the past is simply just from an audience standpoint. The audiences on Sunday night are so much larger," Goodell said 😃

Stafford

So I heard that starting from tomorrow until Friday there apparently will be some kind of deep dives for some of these games? But I can't find any info on that. There is no extended showcase this time, right?

Also, no Game Pass ABK news at all. It's way overdue for some ABK drops already.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Most telling thing was the lack of "console exclusive" labels on anything first party, allows them to keep their options open I guess.

Also made me laugh when the countdown got to about 6 second it said "don't trust anyone". Wise words. 😆

Last edited:

captainpat

I think xbox has had extremely good showcases for the couple of years. Granted they can't stick the landing when the games out but they always make me happy to have my gamepass sub.

DaGwaphics

Really liked the show. Not just the big releases, but many of the smaller ones as well. Even the game with the little mouse looked interesting, just because it was so different.

I didn't think we'd get AoM this quickly. The graphics on Gears E-Day were really something else, I don't doubt that they'll do it though after seeing Hellblade. It looks like the campaign in SoD3 might be more similar to 2 than I had figured (as far as the way they integrate it), but they improved the formula a lot for the second one, IMO, so I hope it is even better this time.

Obligatory:

tenor.gif

Megatron

So there was no mention at all of Activision games coming to gamepass?

That shit is 100% getting announced when they hike up the price for CoD.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Super Bowl, good day. The reason we haven't done it in the past is simply just from an audience standpoint. The audiences on Sunday night are so much larger," Goodell said 😃

You are comparing news informing prospective consumers on a product they might want to buy in the future, versus a live sporting event which IS the product? The showcase was not the product, it’s a VPR event. Just stop. 🤦🏾‍♂️

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Well I guess that showcase ended the "you will hype it up and Xbox will dissapoint you again" narrative.

They've had solid shows the last few years but that was all just GEARing up to this one I guess.

Brilliant showcase. Always room for improvement, but A for that one.

Some BC news and one extra big surprise would have been S tier. Like a lost odyssey remake or something

You are comparing news informing prospective consumers on a product they might want to buy in the future, versus a live sporting event which IS the product? The showcase was not the product, it’s a VPR event. Just stop. 🤦🏾‍♂️
Just take the loss, it's common sense that more people stay in on a Sunday than any other, stop talking bullshit and actually think.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Just take the loss, it's common sense that more people stay in on a Sunday than any other, stop talking bullshit and actually think.

Again, it’s not about the people that “stay in” it’s about the news cycle. There’s no loss, you want to think you know about a subject that is my profession, and has been so at the highest levels since before you were born! 🤣

NahaNago

Finally watched it and I would give the show a rating of B. While I do think it has been the best show I've seen this e3 season it had tons of cg/cutscenes trailers for games they already had cg trailers for. I do kinda feel like if you were an xbox fan you would rate it an A. Barely any dates beyond the year of release. The best trailer was Indiana Jones. It was an overall solid showcase.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Sadly true. Xbox and Phil are masters of spin, where all the issues are forgiven… until they all come up again. My feeling is this showcase will be examined hard in the future for how accurate it was/wasnt.
And it wont matter at all .... after the next acquisition/showcase the cycle begins again...

Bernardougf

Gold Member
And instead of commenting on the show itself, you'll be back to tell us about this great cycle that keeps you worried.
Oh Im not worried anymore.. I trully was ... but now is just beating a dead horse.. like seeing people watch the same train wreck for the forth of fifth time in a row expecting this time the result to be different... is fascinating and sad

Top Bottom