• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Spotlight Presentation (their E3 conference) to be 30 Minutes in length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rncewind

2013: super mario 3d world looks like a 3ds port, fucking donkey kong, this mario kart game looks alright, mega man in smash

wasnt like there a thread "retro is working on fucking donkey kong" or i am remembering wrong?

The frusration was real, i laughed my ass off tho

watershed

Banned
Don't overhype yourselves folks. Just take whatever Nintendo shows tomorrow in stride. I'm off to bed. Gonna watch the Spotlight before work tomorrow.

So for you guys, would Nintendo win if they just announce Smash Bros 4 Deluxe and maybe Pikmin 4? I think these games are very likely to be announced and not a big surprise, considering one of them is a port.

kizmah

Don't overhype yourselves folks.

Where's the fun in that? Gamecube VC, here we go!

svvwSkV.jpg

ImBAmLt.jpg

PwwjNHQ.png

So... anyone think Nintendo will hit it outta the park tomorrow? I'm on the fence myself, looking for a few unannounced things and hopefully something great from Retro. VC news would put me at ease... so far I think Ubi is taking E3 by storm. BGaE, RabbidsXMario...
teasers from upcoming games! I'll even take that!

I think Nintendo have had a pretty good E3 already. Turned up in every conference so far i think in some way.

Minecraft for the Xbox presser, Skyrim in Betheseda's, Opening the Ubisoft conference. And it's all been positive news.

The Rabbids reaction must be music to the ears of Nintendo. People were really wary of it, and wondering about what Nintendo have to fill certain gaps, and suddenly they now have a big title for August.

Mark1

What makes you say that? Nintendo Directs have allowed them to spread out big announcements, but if anything, their presence at E3 has increased in the last few years.
Can't remember the exact quote off the top of my head but didn't Nintendo mention this themselves a few years back following some new approach they were taking?

Believe me I want you to be right.

TheSun

Y'know, despite not being into the whole toys to life deal I'm still very interested in starlink.

I like the cut of that games jib.

Updates from easy allies thread:

They said all were guessed right, but not by same poster.
Not Mother.
It IS Blizzard.
The two games in a comeback series are one for 3DS, one for Switch.
And they said they should've made the Green Lantern picture shorter...whatever that mean.
And verified by mod.

I really hope Blizzard is Overwatch. It better not be that dumb card game. I mean, it can ALSO be that, but as someone that wants Overwatch if they announce Blizzard game thats not Overwatch that will feel worse than no Blizzard game.

Not too into Metroid but if theres two new Metroid I'll play em. And the hardcore fans deserve it after FF.

Anywayz: Going to bed. So damn sleepy. I hope I don't wake up too early since I need sleep! See you all tomorrow and let the Megatons be ever in our favor.

Not Mother.
It IS Blizzard.
And they said they should've made the Green Lantern picture shorter...whatever that mean.
And verified by mod.

I really hope Blizzard is Overwatch. It better not be that dumb card game. I mean, it can ALSO be that, but as someone that wants Overwatch if they announce Blizzard game thats not Overwatch that will feel worse than no Blizzard game.

Not too into Metroid but if theres two new Metroid I'll play em. And the hardcore fans deserve it after FF.

Anywayz: Going to bed. So damn sleepy. I hope I don't wake up too early since I need sleep! See you all tomorrow and let the Megatons be ever in our favor.

Hal: Kirby Star Knights
Blizzard: Heathstone/Diablo/Overwatch
Comeback: WiiU port(Smash?) + Mario & Luigi for 3DS

That's probs all.

Official ass ratings

1995: sick, donkey kong country and sgi super graphics

1996: holy crap n64 is gonna rule, it's got corridor shooters AND racing games

1997: I'm sure something was here

1998: and here

1999: you never really hear about these years much

2000: i guess because like tgs and spaceworld

2001: super smash bros melee baby let's go

2002: was this wind waker year? no that was space world 2001. uh, metroid prime then

2003: this is the bad one with pac man vs

2004: own zone, ds and zelda and metroid prime 2 and re4

2005: eh there was the GBA Micro and that Zelda trailer

2006: wii

2007: eh

2008: jesus

2009: eh, people were surprised by other m. wii sports resort was there

2010: 3ds and other cool shit

2011: skyward sword broke and they revealed a wii addon controller but otherwise okay

2012: harley quinn jpg talks to reggie and fireworks

2013: super mario 3d world looks like a 3ds port, fucking donkey kong, this mario kart game looks alright, mega man in smash

2014: oh hell yes baby, the wii u is saved now

2015: wow the nintendo world championship was fun. now then, I've ordered 100000 t-shirts that say "the wii u is saved." time to take a large sip of coffee and watch this video

2016: one game???? oh it looks sick as heck

You have taken bish's mantle as the cool mod.

Not Mother.
It IS Blizzard.
And verified by mod.

is this your equivalent of sammy sammusu's fated dk thread?

Rncewind

Not Mother.
It IS Blizzard.
And verified by mod.

metroid 3ds exclusiv, switch getting 3d kirby game

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mortemis

Banned
Don't play overwatch but friends do. Sounds like wishful thinking that it'll come to switch, but if it did it would be amazing if it came and had cross-play with Xbox, so I can go over to a friends house and play on my switch while they play on the tv.

Minecraft got me hallucinating dreams though, that'll never happen.

I'm not expecting many third party announcements... those would have been leaked already :p.

I'll keep my expectations in check and expect Mario/Xenoblade/Fire Emblem. My dream scenario is

- Trailer for BOTW story expansion
- New Metroid by Retro
- New IP from Platinum
- New Resident Evil/ RE7 port from Capcom
- Stardew Valley end of June release
- Yooka Laylee August release
- Netflix & browser available after conference (please Nintendo, PLEASE)
- VC classics starting with Super Nes games available after conference
- Some surprise arcade soccer game (Like Sensible Soccer - perfect for this kind of screen)
- Official Beyond Good and Evil announcement for 2018

Sensible soccer would be a megaton for me but I guess that game would not have a great following with the Nintendo crowd sadly.

And I'm also praying for Netflix and apps but I hope it comes with an update to improve wifi reception too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom