• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MCC: Halo ODST likely to miss May UPDATE - it didn't but that's still bad somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaganIsGOAT

UPDATE IT IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! ����������

UPDATE! Frank just posted this,
The placeholder date was generated by a weird marketplace error, which we clarified and denied. At this time there's no delay to announce, and the pieces are in testing, as stated. Don't make me jinx it.

Adsface
Fascinating indeed

Posted by 343 // 4.21.15
Additionally, we’re excited about the progress of the Relic multiplayer map remake and the Campaign for Halo 3: ODST, both of which are on track to release within Halo: The Master Chief Collection next month with our next content update. Look for more details next month, including the final map name for the Relic remake, release date and more. To hold you over, here’s a few brand new screenshots, complete with desktop wallpaper links:

"Silence fills the empty grave, now that I have gone"

343 has been silent on this matter. It was posted yesterday by LycanXIII (original credit to Moa)

Fans Rejoiced! Look at these reactions.

Nice find.
clevergirl.jpg

Sweet! Still May! :D

Great job! Now I need to find the achievement list so I can plan on re-completeing the MCC!
ohh boiiiii, yesss
Bam, said the lady.

But then, today :(

08d131661b9f53a49750ef506bb095b9.png

Fans were outraged.
2mad.png

I think Halo is a pretty shitty guy. Eh kills the MCC and does afraid of releasing ODST.
"Final testing"

Fucking god. Announce the delay and get on with it.
oh brother.

I see this game is still the bumbling buffoon it always was haha
They are delusional. We know it's not going to be released in the next 3 days so stop acting like it will, bite the bullet and move on.
Oh NOW they wanna test stuff.
testing :| gg may release. ill see you in june.
Well, at least they leant eventually!
But they said its coming this month. Fuckkk
FFS 343...
343i stop giving dates if you can't hit them, stop it.

Just stop.
Loooooollllll

I'd be fine with just an official recall

Why is it so hard for them to say "sry guys its delayed to June" ?
I think the real question is how did ODST fail cert if MCC was allowed to launch

#HUNTtheTRUTH
I feel sorry for anyone that has they worked on the MCC on their resume.
For me a bigger debacle than the state of the game itself is the way we get information.

343 is terrible with this. A bulletin once a month were everything is seen through rosetinted glasses doesn't give us hope.
Make a section where the devs update us about the problems they face with those things, so we could somehow understand how some shit still happens after 790710947109 patches.

Make a fucking postmortem video about the MCC. Anything, seriously.

It is a sad day in the world of Halo.

Halo, it's Finished.
RIP.png
biblethump.png

Maybe this is all just a dream

Zareka

No joke, the same moment I thought to myself "I'm really excited to play ODST again this week" those tweets appeared on my timeline.

Oh well, I don't mind waiting a bit longer. As long as it works.

Oh wait it actually WAS scheduled to come out this month? Damn it 343.

mcrommert

Banned
You know whats worse than a game that has been broken for months

People on neogaf making threads based on nothing to stir up outrage

Because rushing the release to appease some fans seems like a great idea given MCC's history.

I mean sure, but maybe they could announce the delay a little more than three days before the supposed release date. Or just not give a release date until they're sure it's ready.

I don't know why my post was on there, it was pretty tongue-in-cheek (with a spelling mistake)

Also, im not particularly outraged either, theres 4 days left of the month, its in final testing...

malfcn

GAF -> GAF?

When it comes it comes. I'd rather have it come in the right way so there is no issues. They are kind of damned if they do or don't. There would be more outrage if they push it out and things are funky.

Pre-order Halo 5, though!

Nice.

Yeah, Halo is dead to me. I mean, I liked parts of Halo 4, but played approximately 3 matches of multiplayer and never went back. The only reason I was going to get the XBox One was for MCC, but I waited, and now I'm so glad that I saved that money.

343 is a rag-tag group of programmers with no real vision of what made Halo good.

Karl Hawk

Banned
It should be a mandatory law to dismantle developers if they're not gonna release a fucking product that FUCKING WORKS on day 1.

MCC is an embarrassment, pure and simple. 343 should be ashamed.

Why is this a big deal? If it was rushed out without proper and extensive testing people would be all over the situation blaming 343 for once again releasing a broken product.

The hypocrisy is palpable.

A couple of weeks is completely manageable and isn't some grand 5 month delay.

Kathian

Banned
They made this whole thing far far too complicated. Should have been a menu with SP/MP then MP merges all maps together and SP splits campaigns (but uses same assets).

Then for MP they could split a lot of things based on playlists and time specific playlists.

---

Quick Edit: Can't just blame 343 here, MS should have set out how this project would make the game, at the moment it looks like the final product was thrown together in awful fucking 'crunch time' with no real direction. Can get away with that on one game, not 5! (sorry 6 now?)

Akai__

Shouldn't the fans want a delay so that it comes out in stable condition? Fans are their own downfall of bug released games.

Yes, but I don't think this is about the delay. It's about 343i not being able to communicate with their fans.

It's little things like that, that I don't like about this company. All we get is Soon™ and that basically means not so soon. I appreciate Frankie dropping comments every once in a while, because without him we would be completely in the dark.

RoKKeR

Fans outraged. News at 11.

It's comical at this point.

But all of this being said... I am still beyond pumped for Halo 5. Damn them.

Whatever. I'd rather wait an extra couple weeks and play a working version than have them release a broken game again. Isn't that why we were mad at the MCC collection to begin with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom