• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SMT x Fire Emblem and Monolith Software's X coming to NA/EU

LiK

via Cheesemeister

From Investor Thread:

Nintendo also put this up for the briefing: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2013/130425.pdf

Cheese translated this small tidbit.

DBfQBcB.png

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2013/130425e.pdf

DaBoss

I'm not surprised by this. It was announced through a Nintendo Direct. I do understand others weren't as optimistic as me. :p

Chrom

I thought the game's presence in the NA/EU Nintendo Direct was already confirmation of that fact.

Clov

Though we knew already, it's nice to have that extra bit of confirmation.

Any details on a release date? I'd guess 2014 for FExSMT, since there wasn't even any footage...

Artemisia

Banned
I could have sworn we knew this already though... I guess appearing in a US Nintendo Direct doesn't serve as confirmation?

NeededSleep

Only reason i want a WiiU at this point is for X. So happy to hear it is coming stateside! hurrah for Monolith!

oh how i hope they do a bundle for it! :D

Beth Cyra

As I said in the other thread, this one is pretty pointless.

It's only a PDF, Iwata hasn't brought this up and this is no more a Confirmation then X and SMTxFE trailers that played during NA Directs.

TDLink

I thought this was already confirmed? They were announced on a Nintendo Direct broadcasted in North America and Europe and both the Fire Emblem and SMT franchises are being pushed hard this year on 3DS.

-Horizon-

Confirmation news for these two games is great.
It's nice to know even if it felt obvious when it was in the Direct

I thought the game's presence in the NA/EU Nintendo Direct was already confirmation of that fact.
I guess people were kind of anxious after what happened with Xenoblade being shown at E3 and then taking forever to finally get here.

ohlawd

I never doubted either.

Why in the world would NoA want another Xenoblade situation?

Hyped for X. Never played a SMT or Fire Emblem game though.

Fix that with Fire Emblem: Awakening and SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers. Oh and SMT IV is coming out in a couple of months. All for 3DS.

RedBoot

Well, Xenoblade (or Monado) was announced for the US at first too...:p

But yeah, I think these were both a given, but I'll take extra confirmation on top of that.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Nintendo. Why are you so good to me, stop hitting me, I love you. I want footage of Fire Emblem X SMT yesterday.

Anustart

I never doubted either.

Why in the world would NoA want another Xenoblade situation?

Fix that with Fire Emblem: Awakening and SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers. Oh and SMT IV is coming out in a couple of months. All for 3DS.

Will do soon! Either of them more stand out than the other? i.e which should I get first?

Reveirg

I'm not surprised by this. It was announced through a Nintendo Direct. I do understand others weren't as optimistic as me. :p

Xenoblade was announced at E3 of all places, and almost didn't get released here...

I'm REALLY glad this is official. This makes my future Wii U purchase official, too =).

cluderi

I was 99.99% sure they were coming out in NA/Europe anyway given the Wii U situation but making it 100% still feels kinda nice.

khaaan

I feel like I should play a ST game or two so this game will actually means something to me.

Stoked for Monolith's X though.

Eusis

More like confirmation they still intended to if you asked me, but good nevertheless.

Though I figured if Nintendo didn't bring over SMT x FE then Atlus would've worked something out for themselves, at which point it's hoping Nintendo gets it out in Europe (or NISA, though it'd seem ironic for them to touch an SRPG franchise that's practically the polar opposite of theirs.) Hell, I kind of expect Atlus staff to be translating it anyway rather than Treehouse or 8-4.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
IIRC Xenoblade, then called Monado, appeared on these U.S lists for a while and we all know how that almost turned out.

RedBoot

My favorite SMT x FE feature is that it was announced three months ago and we've seen nothing about it since.

Same thing for X and Yarn Yoshi (and Wind Waker HD, although we already know what that is like).

I think that Direct was very much a "Hey, there are actually games coming someday!" None of that stuff was close to release at the time.

Same thing for X and Yarn Yoshi (and Wind Waker HD, although we already know what that is like).

I think that Direct was very much a "Hey, there are actually games coming someday!" None of that stuff was close to release at the time.

We at least saw a short teaser video of X. SMTxFE was just "Here's some old art from each respective series floating around and some words"

Top Bottom