• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SMT x Fire Emblem and Monolith Software's X coming to NA/EU

GeekyDad

I'm hoping this game will use a tactics style of Fire Emblem with each unit holding a squad of demons which duke it out a-la The Last Remnant combat style. Man... I can dream lol.

Eh...well, it's a Monolith game, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's similar to their other crossovers, such as the new one about to release here soon, Project x Zone.

Jawmuncher

Wait.
Could SMT X FE combine the support conversations from FE and the Social Links from persona? (I going with that since its a megaten game regardless).

That would be absolutely amazing.

gngf123

I'm hoping this game will use a tactics style of Fire Emblem with each unit holding a squad of demons which duke it out a-la The Last Remnant combat style. Man... I can dream lol.

It's not exactly like TLR, but the Devil Survivor games are not far away from what I imagine.

Devil Survivor on steroids with bits and pieces of Fire Emblem and it'll be awesome.

Eh...well, it's a Monolith game, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's similar to their other crossovers, such as the new one about to release here soon, Project x Zone.

It isn't Monolith.

Soriku

Wait.
Could SMT X FE combine the support conversations from FE and the Social Links from persona? (I going with that since its a megaten game regardless).

That would be absolutely amazing.

Social Links are Persona (and Devil Survivor, kinda) only. Maybe something like demon negotiation though.

Meelow

Banned
Why would Iwata go through with the Nintendo Direct in broken Engrish to tell us about a game he would not release in the West?

It's always nice to have a confirmation, everyone was scared that X wouldn't come to NA/EU for a long time because it took Xenoblade a while to come.

Jawmuncher

Social Links are Persona (and Devil Survivor, kinda) only. Maybe something like demon negotiation though.

Yeah I figured that'd be the case. Since they don't seem to mix up the MT games all that much from what I have played (aside from the main idea being demons and fusion for the most part. )

Also might as well ask here
I've been jumping in more and more MT games. Most of them are all good to play without knowing the others much like FF right?

These are the ones I'm looking at playing
(That are already out)
Digital Devil 1&2
Nocturne
Devil Summoner 1&2
(Anything older ill be waiting on rereleases)
Any suggestion on what order to do these?

Soriku

Yeah I figured that'd be the case. Since they don't seem to mix up the MT games all that much from what I have played (aside from the main idea being demons and fusion for the most part. )

Also might as well ask here
I've been jumping in more and more MT games. Most of them are all good to play without knowing the others much like FF right?

These are the ones I'm looking at playing
(That are already out)
Digital Devil 1&2
Nocturne
Devil Summoner 1&2
(Anything older ill be waiting on rereleases)
Any suggestion on what order to do these?

For the most part you can jump right in. Digital Devil Saga is an exception though and DDS2 is a direct sequel to DDS1.

Start with whatever's the most interesting. Doesn't matter. I thought Devil Summoner 2 and Nocturne were the best out of those though (haven't played Devil Summoner 1 btw but it's supposed to be weak, probably the weakest out of those).

Jawmuncher

For the most part you can jump right in. Digital Devil Saga is an exception though and DDS2 is a direct sequel to DDS1.

Start with whatever's the most interesting. Doesn't matter. I thought Devil Summoner 2 and Nocturne were the best out of those though (haven't played Devil Summoner 1 btw but it's supposed to be weak, probably the weakest out of those).

Ok cool. Thanks for the heads up.
I might skip on DS1 then for now (grabbed 2 on sale awhile back) just need to pick up DDS1,2 and Nocturne. Think ill go with Summoner 2 since I already have it.

Top Bottom