• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

funkypie

Banned
game has been out over a week now. now is the time I hate soloing, because if you get stuck with rank 0 people, they are definitely new.

one person running around / going solo is manageable, but the entire team doing it, caused me to dashboard.

Honestly, as a solo player my match making time have improved without a doubt. The problem is that it's still not acceptable.

I played a few games solo yesterday (never again due to randomers being horrible at the game), but I did find that I was finding games almost instantly, compared to when I lobby up with friends beforehand.

LogicStep

I mean, not really? It's just like someone talking shit. It's just unnecessary.

I just think it's weird that people are defending that they like to put their character's balls in some other player's face. Like O k if that's what you want to do........
You're taking it seriously. I don't give a shit if someone tea bags me, actually feels better when I kill said player and just shoot him dead and go about my business. Like yeah, you're not worth me teabagging you but go right ahead and teabag me if it makes you feel better.

Marvel

could never
Tried solo yesterday, I was infuriated and I'm a super chill guy. Never again.

Randoms do not revive, even when they are right next to you, reminds me of the old gears days before I had a clan. Awful.

Loomba

Does teamplay and even winning the match even matter?

The game just seems to reward looking out for yourself and getting the most personal supplies possible.

If you are in a "good" team and destroy the other, then you don't get high supplies and then you get penalized after the game even though you win.

Doesn't seem like a very good system really.

Could not get into a match last night so I played LEFT BEHIND. It was ok. Enemy is my Enemy on Grounded was insane. Two waves with no ammo!

In my solo games I get revived all the time. I never get gifted and rarely get healed but revives are a staple. All I play is solo too, so maybe you guys are just getting bad luck.

I'd go the opposite and say I get revived too often - like people will stop in a middle of a gun fight to revive me and we all know that they'll be shot up the minute they bend over.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Just wondering, have you ever seen a tasteful teabag?

no, teabagging is some serious cringe worthy stuff. i just imagine someone laughing to themself, jowels jiggling all over the place while they do it.

like... is this your first multiplayer shooter lol?

funkypie

Banned
Does teamplay and even winning the match even matter?

The game just seems to reward looking out for yourself and getting the most personal supplies possible.

If you are in a "good" team and destroy the other, then you don't get high supplies and then you get penalized after the game even though you win.

Doesn't seem like a very good system really.

if you get steamrolled due to bad team, you get even less supplies though.

In my solo games I get revived all the time. I never get gifted and rarely get healed but revives are a staple. All I play is solo too, so maybe you guys are just getting bad luck.

I'd go the opposite and say I get revived too often - like people will stop in a middle of a gun fight to revive me and we all know that they'll be shot up the minute they bend over.

Yeah never had any issue with reviving, even lvl 0 guys go out of their way to revive you. And I see most people rolling with Reviver 1, probably because it costs only one point so why not?

Niccolo

if you get steamrolled due to bad team, you get even less supplies though.

The only good thing about getting rolled is that supply boxes give you extra parts on every pickup. Best case scenario is that you lose the first rounds and then comeback to win.

KooPaL

It seems like I wait much much longer now sitting in the lobby ever since they rolled out that update to "fix" match making. It sucks to try to get a game in when you only have 30 minutes to spare. Matches do not even last this long...

Varg

Banned
This matchmaking is going to kill the population of this game. Not many people have the patience to wait for fix. I'm putting this to the side until they fix this mess. Can't believe this shit came from naughty dog. Whenever I do get to play it's fantastic, but it sure is embarrassing telling my friends to buy this and then we sit in the lobby for an hour twiddling our thumbs.

This matchmaking is going to kill the population of this game. Not many people have the patience to wait for fix. I'm putting this to the side until they fix this mess. Can't believe this shit came from naughty dog. Whenever I do get to play it's fantastic, but it sure is embarrassing telling my friends to buy this and then we sit in the lobby for an hour twiddling our thumbs.

Yes, same here. My friends are impatient and go off and play the single player. Pretty soon they will be done and off to play something else. Do something NG.

andycapps

I think it'll be okay. I definitely have the patience for it, the multiplayer is way too good to give up on because of some matchmaking issues that are typically resolved after backing out a couple times. Inconvenient, sure. It'll get fixed soon, I'm sure. Patches can't happen overnight, they take QA at Naughty Dog and I would think Sony as well.

I think it'll be okay. I definitely have the patience for it, the multiplayer is way too good to give up on because of some matchmaking issues that are typically resolved after backing out a couple times. Inconvenient, sure. It'll get fixed soon, I'm sure. Patches can't happen overnight, they take QA at Naughty Dog and I would think Sony as well.

this rarely happens in my experience :(

quickwhips

no, teabagging is some serious cringe worthy stuff. i just imagine someone laughing to themself, jowels jiggling all over the place while they do it.

like... is this your first multiplayer shooter lol?

PSA: Teabagging is to make you angry so you play worst. Don't let it get to you.

GAF should be playing some great private matches since Match Making is terrible now.

Gator86

Agree with this. The average new player is going to sit in matchmaking for 20 minutes then get absolutely fucking slaughtered and never open the MP again. I love Naughty Dog but they're getting a skeptical fucking look for releasing a remaster game of the year edition without including the dlc or working multiplayer.

Strider

Yea ever since the newest patch (1.01.010) hit I can't find a game at all. I didn't really have that many problems before though. Guess I'll take a break and try again later...

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
it really is a testament to how well crafted this MP is that even despite all the issues it is worth the time to get into a match

PSA: Teabagging is to make you angry so you play worst. Don't let it get to you.

oh i know all about the tilt factor

i don't take video games seriously, it's just a little embarassing that so many people online do

Trying out the MP for the first time over the past day, it's really good but I suck.

Also when you're put with a bad team you REALLY feel it lol

I literally just forgot I was matchmaking since my last post, and I turned around in a panic thinking that I must've been in a game and kicked by now, and I'm still matchmaking. lmao

I don't understand how they can fuck the matchmaking up this bad. Do we even know the cause for why it takes so long? It's weird to have matchmaking this bad from a company that usually has such a high standard in every area of their games.

Fix this shit, ND. I want to play your damn game. Lol.

Edit: Oh shit, I hear people's voices coming through my mic! FINALLY!

Strider

dat feel when you find a lobby full of players only to be backed out and into the "searching for optimal game" again...

I don't understand how they can fuck the matchmaking up this bad. Do we even know the cause for why it takes so long? It's weird to have matchmaking this bad from a company that usually has such a high standard in every area of their games.

Lucky you :)

Maybe they are overloaded. They didn't expect to have so many players. No clue. Right now, it's definitly not a a "hey I have 30 minutes to get a quick match in" kind of game. Welp, there's still COD.
:&

Brandwin

It was 3.99 for the Agility, Scavenger, and two other perks I don't even remember.
1.49 for the Enforcer

Quick question about running and sprinting. I know when sprinting with L1, you show up in the minimap. But is it same for running?

I always wondered this. I just assumed unless I am holding down the sprint button, I will not be seen on the map by moving. I see people crouch walking as soon as the game starts and I always think "WTF!?"

So unless you are sprinting, you would be seen while moving

Badosh

Well, now, for the first time, it's been over 10 minutes since I entered matchmaking with no games found.

I haven't' had to wait over 2 minutes since launch. The hell is happening ND.

Simo

Me and a buddy got in to games of Survivor pretty fast last night and given it was our second-third attempt at MP the matches we had were awesome and everything just clicked.

Although I have no idea on the survivors thing and progression. lol I thought it was all just a meta game using Facebook but the previous page of this thread now has me worried...

Top Bottom