• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Waited 20 min for a match, and when I found one it changed the map I was playing.
Hope ND fix this as soon as possible, this is ridiculous.

...seems like a lot of players don't understand how to play Interrogation. One game, my entire team got caught in a small room when they chucked in some bombs, all of us went down. Two players on the opposing team walked in and shot everyone in the head! They didn't get one interrogation out of it and the game had just started.

Playing with randoms has been a crap shoot. Having a bunch of morons on your team in a game of Survivors is super frustrating

I still haven't been able to get into Supply Raid since launch

Survivors is a lot of fun. I wish there was a block button for melee.... Are you just supposed to mash when you're trading blows with someone or what? I just keep punching and hoping for the best

Or shoot them at close range with a revolver. Can't tell you how many times I've seen someone desperately try to melee and end up getting shot to death at close range. It's pretty funny too since some of their hits don't even connect when shot and they look like they are spazzing out. If you have a melee upgrade it could be a different story sometimes.

Gxgear

What multiplayer mode makes the weeks stuff go faster? I assume one game type is faster than others.

Supply raid since it's the most popular mode to minimize wait time. You can also quit games after start to skip a day at the cost of faction members, given you're not at risk of being reduced to 0 members.

Pastry

Banned
This would be fun if I could actually find a match to play. As much of a cluster that BF4 was at least I could consistently get into games :/

ronco2000

Seriously, am I the only not having problems joining games. I can easily join any game mode since launch. Wait time: less than a minute.

Grinchy

Banned
I pretty much only play with a group of 4. What seems to always happen is that we have trouble finding a game for a while, but then once we do, it works pretty properly from then on. I have no idea why it's like that.

AGoodODST

Matchmaking is utter dog shit. How did it even ship this broken.

Edit: finally. Better be carful not to leave the game so I don't have to wait 20 fucking minutes again.

Oh wait it kicked me out.

Krayzie

Matchmaking used to take me bout a minute prior to update .10.
I have yet to play a game since.
Update .11 did jackshit for me.

Seriously, am I the only not having problems joining games. I can easily join any game mode since launch. Wait time: less than a minute.

First time playing today: took about 10 minutes to join a game. MP is seriously awesome, even though I seriously suck.

Is it better to get items to craft or just engage the enemy? I can't find a balance; I either track down shit to craft and then die before I can use it, or I run into enemies and die without anyone backing me up. WEAR THE DAMN MICS, PEOPLE!

alterno69

Banned
I thought it was my connection yesterday when it took so long to connect to games with a friend. It was our first night playing. Really liked what little i managed to play, i tried it on ps3 once but the framerate was just terrible and i never gave it a fair chance. Now at 60fps and with improved visuals, it was really good. Will be coming back ofte.

todd360

Supply raid since it's the most popular mode to minimize wait time. You can also quit games after start to skip a day at the cost of faction members, given you're not at risk of being reduced to 0 members.

Thanks.

The quitting thing seems like a real mean thing to do to your team. I might take advantage of that once I get to the last week though if i'm doing good.

Matchmaking doesn't seem like it's getting any better. Updates aren't doing much if anything. It does seem to be getting laggy though. Hits not registering, and taking an extra bullet to down someone is getting more common.

The lag hurts even more here because you keep running out of bullets, especially for handguns. If you roll with handgun only class you're already screwed. Two of my El Diablo shots went straight through a guy running without doing any damage, that was my first rage-quit moment.

I don't seem to have as many problems as most of you in matchmaking :/

If it takes longer than 3 minutes just back out and try again. A lot of the time I'll find a match in less than a minute that way.

TyrantII

The lag hurts even more here because you keep running out of bullets, especially for handguns. If you roll with handgun only class you're already screwed. Two of my El Diablo shots went straight through a guy running without doing any damage, that was my first rage-quit moment.

Yup lag is getting worse.

My guess is they're opening up the matchmaking thresholds to make it easier to match. Problem is those players shouldn't be playing together anyways due to latency issues.

Its ruined plenty of good console MP games. Looks like we're on our way here yet again.

Gator86

Matchmaking was ridiculously slow for me before but it's completely broken now. Jesus, ND, it's fucking matchmaking. This isn't rocket science. This is the single most basic aspect of modern day online gaming.

KJRage

Waited almost 30 minutes to find a match. It put me in a lobby and then kicked me out to go find another game. I tried leaving and coming back, but it didn't do anything. It wasn't taking that long before but now it seems to take longer to find a game. Hopefully they can fix it soon.

Qwell

+1, I rarely have issues joining games, worst case I back out to the main MP screen and try to join again. I can usually get into a game within 3 minutes. I've mostly been playing Interrogation either by myself (no parties) or with my roommate, so only 2 people in a party. Honestly our biggest issue is the stupid NAT failed issue. It is driving me nuts because I have a nice Nighthawk R7000 router, and the randomness of that failure sucks. We had never had a problem before until now, however we usually don't play the same games together besides Battlefield 4 on PC, but we never have a problem with that.

I put his PS4 into my DMZ while keeping my PS4 behind the firewall, so hoping that helps.

Back on topic... Interrogation is the best if you want parts / supplies. It helps that I like being a healer, so I just follow my mates around and heal / revive while they get into firefights. I still get a good share of the kills, but it really helps to get weapon upgrades and armor quickly in a match. Had a match last night that was just hilarous, 2 of my teammates against all 4 of theirs and I was using Healing 3 and Revive 2, they just couldn't kill us while I sat behind the corner healing my guys up.

sjay1994

Ok. So it isn't just me with piss poor matchmaking.

I have waited 30 minutes and still haven't been put into a game. And randomly I get the connection interrupted and can't move in the worst possible times.

About to shiv a guy, connection problems, stop right behind him, he then turns around and shoots me.

Matchmaking is fucking garbage.

But the MP is so good

Apeopleman

I see a lot of quitters too. Ruins the game. :/

It's the filthy casual COD players who picked up this game due to the summer drought of games. They'll drop this game in 1 week as was with KILLZONE SHADOWFALL, and hardcore players will remain for the remainder of the game's life.

This game is great. Can't wait for H-HOUR Worlds Elite

zlatko

Banned
Matchmaking was ridiculously slow for me before but it's completely broken now. Jesus, ND, it's fucking matchmaking. This isn't rocket science. This is the single most basic aspect of modern day online gaming.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP|OT| You don't get to 1080P,60FPS MP Without Matchmaking Issues

This games MP is a solid 8.5/10 for me, but the wait time to find games sometimes and a few other problems makes it unable to achieve crack addiction status. I still come home to play it every night with a buddy, but once Destiny hits this game is donezo for me.

I also hate that:

*I can't have a fix MP character design. No ND I don't want to play a female randomly or a long haired creepy looking male. Let me pick one of your models to be permanently fixed to

*I hate every single helmet(not hat) possible you can pick. Whoever designed each one of these needs to be fired

*Why is there no DLC or unlockable Joel/Ellie Skins to play as? Or their outfits? Come on ND...

----------------

Also, I would've liked to see one more game type similar to Team Sneak in Metal Gear online. A team full of Joel and Ellies who have no ammo or guns, but do get shivs, med kits, and smoke bombs to start off with. Round based. Opposite team is firefly/military with guns who can't use listening mode, but haven't got access to the other items.

If a Joel/Ellie kills a military player then they can get a gun of theirs with bits of ammo. The militlary has to defend two capture items. If the Joels/Ellies can make it to either/both and run that item back to their capture point they win the round. Or if either team wipes out the other team in a round, then they win. If the round ends with military still alive, and a capture not done by Joel/Ellies then Military wins.

There's obviously plenty of room to fine tune the details, but this game would've been perfect for a Team Sneak knock-off. :(

Alienous

I've just uploaded some videos. I think they could be helpful, strategy-wise, if people are going for a high amount of parts per game.

A revolver + shotgun class
A high parts match
A cool ending

The videos aren't edited, so you might want to skip to the action. The revolver is a really effective standalone weapon. And you can reliably replenish your ammo, as each downed or executed opponent should give you two bullets.

I'm also still a free agent for the TLOU tournament. Y'know, just in case.

Top Bottom