• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan Rumor: No Assassin's Creed in 2016, 2017 in Egypt, Witcher inspired [Update]

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
its amazing how they refuse to do the obvious japan one, with the excuse being that...its too obvious? I would understand if the game was saturated with ninja games, but what was the lat one? Tenchu? at least the last one that would be similar to what a AC in japan would be

wapplew

Ubi having a little problem lately. AC sales drop, Rainbow six bomb, Vivindi buyout thing.
Stay strong Ubi.

"A Witcher feel..."

Is this the new "Souls-inspired combat"?

Since CDPR themselves used "Souls-inspired combat" when promoting Witcher 3, just look at it as a passing of the torch.

On topic, this smells fishy, but would be great news if true. The poster said they would answer questions, though; did they?

Brew124

If real, that's great news. I loved Assassin's Creed, until it became overdone and boring. Revamp the series and I'm back in 100%.

Angel_DvA

even two years is too low, I'm done with the franchise since Unity, they need to reboot it entirely with new idea, scenario, characters etc...

Japan is the only next destination I really want so whatever.

DrArchon

Bullshit. Even if there's gonna be a huge revamp of the series in 2017 there's no way they won't have an AC out this year. Ubi has more than enough studios under it to make one. They can scrap together a decent one like Rogue while having the main development focus be on the next year.

UrbanRats

I'm fine with a one year break, it's a good thing even, but ditching the parkour system entirely? It's like having a GTA where you can't drive.

Also, "Witcher feel" means jack shit.

Witcher is basically the same thing Mass Effect, Dragon Age and all those western RPGs were like, just done better.
It's nothing peculiar or new in any way.

Mahonay

Banned
That sounds like a super solid source guys. We better keep speculating since this is totally probably true.

BiggNife

Don't doubt 4chan sourced post. It's a good dumping ground to post info and get away with it.

By that same token it's also a good place to have someone dump a load of bullshit and have people buy it because there have been some cases of that stuff being legit

I'd take it with a grain of salt

Welfare

Wasn't there an Egypt Ass Creed in development a couple years ago? Might be bringing that back.

But this is 4chan, so even then is taken with a grain of salt.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I hope this doesn't mean Witcher 3 combat. Literally the worst.

Even the Witchers awful combat would be an upgrade on AC's broken combat. 9 major games and they still never fixed it. They should just bite the bullet and steal the Arkham freeflow system.

Braag

I find this unlikely. Especially it playing like The Witcher. Ubisoft isn't going to abandon its open world formula just like that. It's the only reason they can pump those games out annually. Collect 50 this and 80 that is much easier than meaningful side stories which TW3 had. Though I gotta say that Syndicate's side quests were much better than those in Unity.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I saw this earlier. Didn't make a thread because it's 4chan. Not exactly credible.

Since CDPR themselves used "Souls-inspired combat" when promoting Witcher 3, just look at it as a passing of the torch.

On topic, this smells fishy, but would be great news if true. The poster said they would answer questions, though; did they?
They were saying stuff like boats will be back but are meant for exploration and that the world is bigger than AC4's but entirely seameless<----actually how he spelled it.
tumblr_nwqyexhbnB1u16m3do1_500.gif

Really hard to believe.

d00d3n

This rumor would make me extremely happy if true, especially if it is an indication that Assassin's Creed is transitioning to biennial release cycle.

What is the big Ubi fall game now, btw? Open world ghost recon?

Meh. I liked Assassin's Creed Syndicate a lot, I wouldn't mind a similar game in 2016. It's much better than the previous games.

jesu

I'm fine with a one year break, it's a good thing even, but ditching the parkour system entirely? It's like having a GTA where you can't drive.

Also, "Witcher feel" means jack shit.

Witcher is basically the same thing Mass Effect, Dragon Age and all those western RPGs were like, just done better.
It's nothing peculiar or new in any way.

I've only read the link in the OP but it doesn't mention ditching the parkour.

I'd like this leak to be true but do video game leaks on 4chan ever turn out true?

RPGamer92

Banned
This rumor would make me extremely happy if true, especially if it is an indication that Assassin's Creed is transitioning to biennial release cycle.

New Splinter Cell with Ironside back
Believe

Lunar15

I'm not quite sure what they mean by "plays like the witcher". I mean, that's my favorite game in a looong time, but the character progression and combat aren't necessarily the first things people bring up when they talk about it.

Raist

Banned
I doubt they'd go back in time just yet. My guess is central europe during WWI.
And the "plays like TW3" makes no sense.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Well 4Chan did leak bloodhound but still taking with large grains of salt, could be interesting but isn't there a film coming up wouldn't they want to coincide with that

Ubisoft of all companies will not let pass the chance to get a movie and a new game the same year, is a big PR opportunity and this year's AC should be the one done by the Black Flag core team, they had plenty of time to make something good.

Very skeptical about this.

Considering how successful The Witcher 3 was critically and commercially...I think there will be a number of games in the coming years that will aim for a "Witcher feel".

Watch Dogs: We put a Ezio as the main character edition.

Top Bottom