• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan Rumor: No Assassin's Creed in 2016, 2017 in Egypt, Witcher inspired [Update]

Euron

I want this to be true since the series really does need a rest but I doubt it given the release of the movie this year. At the very least we'll get a collection.

Maybe Watch Dogs 2 will be out sooner than many of us thought. And the Witcher thing sounds promising but I have to see how it is at release first. Ubisoft is the master of deceptive gameplay demos and descriptions.

It sounds a bit too good to be true. But Rogue hasn't had a current gen port yet, so that could fill in this year. And a remaster of the Ezio trilogy and the first game....

Still though, I don't see why we should trust this person. Time will tell.

I don't know why people are taking 4chan as an instafake sign. Project Beast, aka Bloodborne was leaked there (difference being, of course, it had gifs)

daveo42

Banned
Not releasing another AC game this year is actually a smart move for Ubi, so hopefully that aspect of the rumor is actually true.

Syndicate was alright, but Ubi open world games are still too concerned with micromanaging the player. The fact that every point of interest becomes a side activity with objectives and fail states annoys me, stop telling me how I should be playing your game. Bethesda and CDPR both get this.

Luke_Wal

If this is true, it either means that The Division is now a Holiday 2016 game, Watch Dogs 2 is a Holiday 2016 game, there's a new Splinter Cell in Holiday 2016, or they're launching a new IP. Of those, WD2 (in Paris was the rumor from a while back? That sounds sweet) and Splinter Cell seem the most likely to me.

Plus the obligatory Collection with Rogue for PS4/Xbone, of course, although that seems like a summer release to go alongside the film.

Takuan

Wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be true. As much painstaking effort goes into world creation, writing, and VA, the core gameplay mechanics are stale. AC is long overdue for some major changes.

Their team is super talented and I am eager to see what they're able to do.

Don't they usually have multiple teams working on different AC projects every year? If so, why would they need to take the time off if the the BF team is working on it. Also, movie coming out this year, they'd want a game to release along side it wouldn't they?

Sanctuary

The Witcher 3 copies Assassin's Creed, now Assassin's Creed copies The Witcher 3.

"A Witcher feel..."

Is this the new "Souls-inspired combat"?

Your character will have clunky, ballerina combat now instead of just mash X to instantly kill anything near you combat. Also new to the series, a map that exploded with points of interest that lead to nothing interesting, and thirty hours of cutscenes!

Sami+

Middle East would be what it takes for me to give the series a genuine shot again. Hated Unity, hated III, don't give a shit about pirates so I skipped Black Flag.

Morts

Has Schreier posted in this thread yet? He usually seems to know what's going on with AC.

This sounds great if true, but it's a weird business decision to skip the year the movie comes out.

Auctopus

witcher-2-assassins-creed-easter-egg.jpg

J_Viper

Wasn't the Black Flag team located in Ubisoft Montreal? I thought they had passed AC over to the Quebec branch permenatley?

A year off would serve the series well, but I can't imagine them missing out on A Fassbender tie-in.

I wouldn't be too astonished if Ubisft took a year off to try and build more anticipation for the franchise.

I would be astonished if it happened in the year with a big budget Assassin's Creed movie releasing in it.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Wasn't the Black Flag team located in Ubisoft Montreal? I thought they had passed AC over to the Quebec branch permenatley?

A year off would serve the series well, but I can't imagine them missing out on A Fassbender tie-in.
Nah, BF team was working on their AC title while Quebec was the lead studio for Syndicate.

Sheppard

As it has been stated before, there is no way UBI would miss an opportunity to release a game along side Fassbenders movie.

jschreier

Has Schreier posted in this thread yet? He usually seems to know what's going on with AC.

This sounds great if true, but it's a weird business decision to skip the year the movie comes out.
Trying to find out more but there's definitely at least some truth to this.

d00d3n

Watch Dogs: We put a Ezio as the main character edition.

I would prefer if Watch Dogs de-emphasized story and went more in the Far Cry direction, though. The outposts/towers were easily the best part of the game imo. The tools for surveillance were a great fit for Ubi tower/outpost puzzles, and they only scratched the surface in the first game.

Lol, I just realized that my daring prediction/hope is that Ubi will stuff one of their sequels with more towers/outposts ... I guess I am part of the problem.

Top Bottom