• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aaron Greenberg: Microsoft won't announce any new games at TGAs

How am I "acting a victim?" Once again, talking trash about me like you're any better.
You keep posting angry stuff and claiming that its everyone else's fault for being mean. I don't know the history but on its face you seem kinda crazy.

I don't know what is going on behind the scenes but just remember that its only a forum about games.

Having a lot of things in the pipeline doesn't somehow mean they can't blow through it all at E3.

E3 2013 was a good example. They had a ton of good stuff (Titanfall, Ryse, DR3, Project Spark, etc) that half of the announcements were made in a sizzle reel at the end of the show instead of their own announcements. (Crimson Dragon, Powerstar Golf, Zoo Tycoon,etc)

Stuff that could've been announced at Gamescom, were instead chucked into E3... cause you know, E3 gotta be big.

While I somewhat agree, Crimson Dragon was a previously known game that got its own trailer (remember the sound cutting out?), and Powerstar Golf was announced in the pre-show.

Also, that was the launch of the new console where you need to show as much as you can, especially when faced with all the criticism after the TV TV TV unveiling. Another thing to remember is that Microsoft always goes first, and they need to minimize the possibility of being upstaged by their competitors.

Someone tweeted Phil a picture of Halo 5, Tomb Raider, Quantum Break, Evolve, Fable and ori. He responded with "we'll be adding some to that list in 2015".
I'm not sure what that means.

I'm making a wild assumption that this means there will be unannounced games releasing in 2015 exclusive to Xbox. Maybe even AAA games.

If that is true I don't know what the plan is unless there are games ready for the early part of the year. Holiday 2015 is already crowded.

Someone tweeted Phil a picture of Halo 5, Tomb Raider, Quantum Break, Evolve, Fable and ori. He responded with "we'll be adding some to that list in 2015".
I'm not sure what that means.

I'm making a wild assumption that this means there will be unannounced games releasing in 2015 exclusive to Xbox. Maybe even AAA games.

If that is true I don't know what the plan is unless there are games ready for the early part of the year. Holiday 2015 is already crowded.

He could just be referring to Screamride and The Witcher 3, though.

Shabad

What I am expecting from Microsoft is a release date and a new trailer from Quantum Break, Fable Legends and Halo 5. Those are their big guns for next year, we need to see more about those.

We won't get any new major announcements for 2015 games. Not at the TGA, and most likely not even at E3 2015. When Microsoft announced games like Scalebound, Phantom Dust, or Crackdown back in June 2014 - project that are obviously in early stages of development, and most likely won't see a release before 2016, some don't even have a real name or a dev yet - they also showed their hand...

At this point, I think we have most of the exclusive line up for next year. State of Decay: Xbox One Edition and ScreamRide for a slow first half of the year. Fable Legends, Halo 5, Quantum Break, and Forza 6 for a big holiday season. This asymmetric planning is really typical of Microsoft.

JaggedSac

As a small team release maybe. That would be awesome.

I foresee both Banjo and BT being small team releases. I sure wouldn't dump any significant money into either of those properties. I personally am looking forward to both, but I guarantee neither will set the charts on fire.

Shabad

Gears ?
Tusk got their hands on that game in 2014. Do you really expect them to deliver a massive AAA - their first one too - in 2015 ? This is delusional.

Gears ?
Tusk got their hands on that game in 2014. Do you really expect them to deliver a massive AAA - their first one too - in 2015 ? This is delusional.

Gears collection. Not new Gears. It would probably be handled by another developer anyway.

Raide

Gears ?

MS will be babysitting the hell out of the project. I doubt it is Tusk on their own without any help.

VinFTW

His tweet was a picture of the Marcus from the Gears 1 cover. I assume that meant it's a collection, not the Gears BT is working on.

Shinobi isn't THAT cryptic guys :p

<3 u shinobi

Shabad

MS will be babysitting the hell out of the project. I doubt it is Tusk on their own without any help.

It's not like Microsoft has tons of AAA studios to help them out on Gears either... Black Tusk is a new team, but I am sure plenty of them have experience. They probably don't need babysitting. But anyway, it doesn't change the development time issue

Gears collection. Not new Gears. It would probably be handled by another developer anyway.

This make sense I guess. That being said, between the Tomb Raider deal and Quantum Break delay, the TPS segment is gonna be a bit crowded next holiday season. Does a Gears Collection really make sense then ?

Maybe Early 2016 release to prepare for the Black Tusk one at the 2016 Holiday season.

MS actually has a solid set of exclusives but Q1 and Q2 look kinda pathetic. 2014 sucked in this regard too. I really hope they learn to Phil in the year better.

This make sense I guess. That being said, between the Tomb Raider deal and Quantum Break delay, the TPS segment is gonna be a bit crowded next holiday season. Does a Gears Collection really make sense then ?

Maybe Early 2016 release to prepare for the Black Tusk one at the 2016 Holiday season.

Any time is a time that makes sense for a Gears of War collection IMO. :)

What exactly are we expecting from MS here?

Things I think could realistically show up.

Killer Instinct Riptor Trailer
Ori and the Blind Forest, Below, Inside and/or other indies
Fable Legends
Halo 5 Beta

Outside of that I'm not sure what they would really show that they aren't saving for E3.

I doubt Gears Collection is going to be early 2016, if its already in motion which Shinobi have suggested I doubt it will take over a year to port 3 games, up the res and do other technical improvements. There might be some Halo MCC stuff done like a new menu
(hopefully not that its broken!)
but I fully expect it to hit next holiday.

And don't be dicks, put Judgment in there too

Gears collection Fall 2016
New gears Fall 2017
Halo 6 Fall 2018

As I said in my other post, what about Gears would take longer than a year? (or at least in this case, two years?) New Gears being holiday 2016 is 3 years of dev time - considering they were already well versed with Unreal Engine 4 will be sufficient time to make a new game I think.

Top Bottom