• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 5 | Because we didn't preorder thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaritan

Best bet is Target and TRU exclusives for those.

I truly hope not... I was so looking forward to not having to deal with exclusives this time around. Ness being exclusive to GS doesn't bother me since that's where I've had the best luck getting Amiibos before, but TRU and Target were a nightmare with Wave 3...

Animekatt

So I just got off the phone with a GS manager, he told me that note is indeed real, and the webstore preorders will start at 3pm edt. He recommended me to come 10-15 mins earlier so I could guarantee I could have it ordered. I already have $30 dollars on hold at the store, so I will use that and pay off the rest.

I had to switch shifts with a co worker since it starts right at the time I go in. Sigh...

Frogstep

Nooooo, fuck me! Why tomorrow and why at 2pm?! Why is this happening! D:

So, Jigglypuff and Greninja exclusive to some other place?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh bad timing. So wait, which ones are exclusive as .com items? All of Wave 4?

I might just order them all online...

Europe
YmyhEVA.png

Japan
lElgk38.png

Lots of info there... Is someone working on a post or OT that consolidates all the new announcements? Figures, cards, yarn, and lots of dates... I'm sure I missed some stuff, I'd sure appreciate it.

kirby_fox

Banned
So odd that it's 2 PM CT...most announcements use Eastern or Pacific times.

So...that'll be 3 PM here...I get off work at 2:30...if I get my ass in gear and can leave a few minutes early I should be able to get home by about 3 PM. Just in time to preorder it all and wait for June to roll around.

Salamando

Brian★;158478583 said:
Europe

Japan

So Europe and Japan will have their waves by July. US gets to wait until September.

Europe Amiigos, hope you're prepared to have your stock swiped by those too impatient to wait!

Baleoce

So that Amiibo Peripheral for new 3ds, what exactly does it do?
Edit- or wait, was it for normal 3ds so that they can use Amiibos without upgrading handheld model? Only saw it briefly, and I'm on mobile.

RootCause

I truly hope not... I was so looking forward to not having to deal with exclusives this time around. Ness being exclusive to GS doesn't bother me since that's where I've had the best luck getting Amiibos before, but TRU and Target were a nightmare with Wave 3...
Target is going to be a real problem for me. Will probably have to spend $30 on whichever Amiibo they get. 😫

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The message says 'These characters will only be available to reserve on Web in store and on GameStop.com'. So it seems they will all go up.

Ugh wtf happened to NA distribution? Then again we had to wait one day for the Super Mario ones to go up in store.

Ibuki

Banned
Ugh wtf happened to NA distribution? Then again we had to wait one day for the Super Mario ones to go up in store.

Usually when they say this to begin with they don't go up in store. Take the MGS V collectors for example. Doing in store orders for amiibos cause so many customer issues, doing online only makes much more sense.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Usually when they say this to begin with they don't go up in store. Take the MGS V collectors for example. Doing in store orders for amiibos cause so many customer issues, doing online only makes much more sense.

I've personally had zero issues in store, but some got screwed by stores getting the wrong stock sent to them etc. Local people here are apparently VERY picky on paint jobs - something online cannot do.

rjinaz

The NoA getting things so late has to be supply. At least it looks like they are trying. I can respect that.

Maybe, but then NA got some of wave 3 later too and we know how that turned out. I thin it has more to do with figuring out exclusives, or at least that is part of it. Yuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom