• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 5 | Because we didn't preorder thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalman

I think the first post is long overdue for a Wave 3 update:
FYLFgkh.png
Damn...

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Don't we have to wait for other stores to start getting Mega Man, Ike, Dedede, and Sonic before we X them?

Remember Toon Link and Sheik?
Let the dust settle.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Don't we have to wait for other stores to start getting Mega Man, Ike, Dedede, and Sonic before we X them?

Let the dust settle.

Assuming other stores will have any past ten minutes after opening. @_@

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Shulk deserves one, since more are being made before Xeno 3D

The May Shulks are pretty much sold out already.

Mega Man, Ike, and Dedede haven't been released in most stores yet, right? I'm still trying to find the three of them.

Let's be honest, they're all going to be super underproduced/preorders only/get there hours early and they'll be gone in minutes. >_<

Let's be honest, they're all going to be super underproduced/preorders only/get there hours early and they'll be gone in minutes. >_<

We said the same thing initially about Diddy, Toon Link and Shiek. Diddy is everywhere now and Toon Link isn't completely impossible to find. Shiek is still pretty rare but I've seen more turn up.

I have serious concerns over finding Ike and Dedede, but I feel like Mega Man is gonna get a supply burst and be around for a while. He's the one I want the most though so even though I think he'll be in greater supply I'm still nervous about getting one.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Just like the ones I mentioned.
And then online links became regular and new shipments in stores after a bit.

There won't be much dust to settle. Ike and any other FE character is guaranteed rare/super rare, Dedede is the secret already rare one, and the store exclusives speak for themselves. Sonic seems to be headed for rare while Mega Man may be uncommon/rare.

Nobody knows with amiibo.

yeah pretty much

i see tons of shieks x toon links in toys r us, just not in target, best buy or wal mart
That would explain it I guess. I never see Shiek and Toon Link in my town, but we don't have a TRU.

Also Amiibo cards are probably for those only interested in the NFC tech.

Salamando

Does anyone else think there's a high possibility that Nintendo (of America) won't actually release future amiibo waves? They might think the characters are so obscure that no one could possibly want them. And with card amiibos coming soon, they might just sell the Smash roster as a card set.

If there's a reason for Nintendo to not release future Amiibo waves, it'll be because they've given up. That they realized they can't stock these properly, so why bother.

Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Jigglypuff, Greninja, Bowser Jr...they're not obscure in the least.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So any word on Sonic/Mega Man/Ike/Dedede & GS? Are they still scheduled for Friday, or will they break street date again like Shulk & co.?

Does anyone else think there's a high possibility that Nintendo (of America) won't actually release future amiibo waves? They might think the characters are so obscure that no one could possibly want them. And with card amiibos coming soon, they might just sell the Smash roster as a card set.

Nope. Too much $$ to be had. Will release 1 million more Mario and Link due to high sales and maybe a 1,000 of each new ones. Good luck!

And the cards, I'd guess theyll be $10 for a pack of 5. All Random with Mario and Peach cards ratio of 1/5.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I am a creature of few words. :3

Dang Ike already on that list?

I've always assumed most of Wave 3 would be Xenoblade Chronicles X'd out, but don't take my silly image as truth yet. :)

Let the dust settle.

Agreed. I think:

Unicorn:
Dedede
Rosalina
Meta Knight

Rare:
Ike
Lucario
Shulk

Fox/CF Type Rare:
Sonic

Uncommon:
Sheik
Mega Man
Toon Link

Common:
Bowser

I assumed people in this thread would love the cards. That way you can keep your Amiibo on a shelf (or sealed in the box) and just use the cards for the in-game functionality.

That's what I intend to do. They'll be perfect for using with the N3DS as well - saving you from carrying your Amiibo around with you.
Except in making cards they will replace the figures (except a few franchises like Mario, Zelda, who will still have figures.) and never do reprints. I don't want a stupid flat card I want a figure! I hope cards bomb. Figures forever and ever!

Btw: if I have CN platinum, what would someone trade for it? Of course games aren't revealed, but there will certainly be some big retail games. If theres nothing I truly want, I wonder if I could get Meta Knight with it. Atleast a Mega Man. Guess I'll have to wait until after its shown off before I do the offer...

So since were in the new OT5 thread, and seeing that Friday is going to add 100 pages to this, and when wave 4 hits it'll add another 100, might as well start the next thread voting.

Amiibo OT4: We didn't preorder OT4 so we moved onto OT5 but now OT4 is back in stock! GO GO GO!

Amiibo OT4: Wait weren't we on OT5 before so shouldnt this be OT6?

Amiibo OT6: Nintendo announces Wave 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, AND 10! Releases sometime in 2015 or 2016. Or 2017.

Amiibo OT6: Every day in April & May will be a hard release date for one character at one retailer

Amiibo OT7: OT6's Release date is unknown

I like the idea of going back to 4.

Amiibo OT4: Everything is Backwards

Pizza

Daaaaamn I want sonic hella badly and mega man. Thats what I get for missing preorders.

Good thing they're being super forthcoming over when wave four is going up for preorders so I can actually buy these toys

Fox Mulder

I'm still holding on to stupid hope that meta knight can at least be bought on Friday.

It's real nice how two of the three amiibos for the new Kirby game are hard to get.

So rare you forgot to mention him:
Ike

your avatar, no less! =P

Wario probably will be cockroach tier. Mayyyybe Charizard.

image.php

You gotta get that avatar quote in, yo. :p

Guess I was just mentioning the lower tiers. Fixed and thanks!
I'm going to leave my avatar like that for now.

And wave 4:

Unicorn:
Robin
Lucina

Rare:
Ness

Semi Rare (Fox/CF level):
PacMan

Uncommon:
Wario

Common:
Charizard

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

And wave 4:

Unicorn:
Robin
Lucina

Rare:
Ness

PacMan

Uncommon:
Wario

Common:
Charizard

Ness will be in his own new tier of rarity; he will be practically nonexistent. Exactly one will be sent to the Nintendo World Store in New York City. It will be hung from a peg behind the counter at 2:36 p.m. without warning or fanfare. Some schlubby tourist who walked in to buy some sourvenirs will see Ness on that peg, think he looks like the boy from those Pokémon cartoons and buy him for his kid. That kid will have never played Earthbound in his life, won't know who Ness is and will unceremoniously throw him in a drawer to be sold at a garage sale for $1 10 years from now.

I'm still holding on to stupid hope that meta knight can at least be bought on Friday.

It's real nice how two of the three amiibos for the new Kirby game are hard to get.

Talk to who is working that day (preferably manager)
Beg for limit 1 per customer, ask them to do tickets or no running policy.
Go REALLY REALLY early

FINALLY. Mail was super late, but Shulk's finally here!

Nice! Congrats! Hope its flawless!

Ugh the wave 3B 4 some is selling g for 175.00 plus shipping together! On ebay

Wow. That's too early to be overpricing it like that. Might as well add Bowser for an extra $100

Does TRU tell you over the phone if they have any in stock? I know Best Buy does not.

They usually don't look for me and just say no

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

And wave 4:

UnNessxistant:
Ness

Unicorn:
Robin
Lucina

Pac-Man

Uncommon:
Charizard (Kids like Pikachu, but kids LOOOOVE Charizard)

Common:
Wario (Any Mario character besides Rosalina is basically a shelfwarmer)

Fixed.

Ness will be in his own new tier of rarity; he will be practically nonexistent. Exactly one will be sent to the Nintendo World Store in New York City. It will be hung from a peg behind the counter at 2:36 p.m. without warning or fanfare. Some schlubby tourist who walked in to buy some sourvenirs will see Ness on that peg, think he looks like the boy from those Pokémon cartoons and buy him for his kid. That kid will have never played Earthbound in his life, won't know who Ness is and will unceremoniously throw him in a drawer to be sold at a garage sale for $1 10 years from now.

I kid you not, that sounds quite believable. Ness is my #1 want. JigglymothaeffingPuff is my #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom