• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S4 |OT| of Babou, Therapy Cranes, Whorediots & the Danger Zone - Thurs on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an "Archerism" app available for the iPhone and Android platform now. It's mostly marketing materials, but it also has a soundboard and some other goofy stuff.

rcmdq.jpg
jEfH5.jpg

iOS version
Android version

Came across a video of a Archer Live! Reading, looks like an awful lot of fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k98YA4JlsCE
Nice! That's from the one that I went to. It's a scene from the end of S4.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
God how I love this show. I have been re-watching it on Netflix (add season 3 already dammit!!) and just finished the Rampage episode....so fucking good.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I hope we see more of Kreiger's wife.

I love the cell phone ringtone that plays sometime in the show especially in one episode. It sounds like it goes "What What! *8 Bit Sound*"

Man, remember when we feared Archer wouldn't get a second season? Good times. AS is kicking themselves everyday over the fact they didn't pick this show up.

lupinko

Man, remember when we feared Archer wouldn't get a second season? Good times. AS is kicking themselves everyday over the fact they didn't pick this show up.

Archer is better off on FX, Archer, Justified and Sons of Anarchy are a deadly triple threat.

Honestly, I'm not sure it would've lasted on Adult Swim. For as "bohemian" as they appear to be, they have a quick trigger finger. FX gambled on Archer; ratings weren't great at all in the beginning, but they supported it, paired it with their highest-rated comedies, and grew its audience. Imagine that.

abunai

Benoit! Balls!
BENOIT! BALLS!
ben-wa balls

Love this show. Can't wait for Thursday, it's been so long.

Grisby

Re-watching season 1 and thought to myself, "Doesn't Archer season 4 start in a couple of days?"

Yes. It does. Went looking for the thread and am pleased.

I'll be wearing my turtleneck.

Bazza

Been waiting for this, fucking love archer, think i will watch the 1st 3 seasons tonight to get me ready for season 4.

- CinemaBlend: Archer Season 4 Review - FX's Comedy Is Older But Just As Funny
In the new season, Archer is a little less Archer-oriented than usual, with subplots and backstories focusing on some of the other ISIS members and the people closer to the crew. In some ways, this makes the series less smutty than it normally is. Better put, Archer is more carefully smutty than usual, and it makes the truly horrifying but funny punchlines that much more impactful.

I finally started watching this show last night. Ended up watching 7 episodes or so. Always wanted to get into it but never got around to it. Loving it so far. Going to try to catch up as fast as possible for season 4

Mindlog

Word to the wise off of Twitter:
Staying out of this thread!
Wonder how long a list it would be to include all of Adam Reed's previous works such as Pod 6 being the worst Pod and MY EYE!

AVC: How do you come up with which jokes are going to be callbacks and which are going to recur?

AR: That’s a good question. I don’t know. A lot of times I’ll be stuck and just need a line to get out of a scene, and it’s like, “Well, let’s go into the card index of jokes we’ve used, and use one of those jokes.” [Laughs.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom