• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S6 |OT| of Phrasing, The Old Gypsy Woman & the Danger Zone - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the season finale is going to have to deal with woodhouse. This episode seem to set up the CIA fuck up and woodhouse being missing.

vypek

I'm guessing next episode will be the others trying to get Archer & Lana back together.

Possibly. I can't tell if they are supposed to be completely split now or if he can explain and it'll just be a big fight for them. I read the synopsis for the next episode on my dvr and cant tell and I think its also too early for it to be posted here.

EDIT:

Oh, is "blorp" the new "sploosh" or something else?

Mazre

Great episode. Lindbergh baby + league of assassins flipbook, Boris reading what appears to be a Russian superman comic, Wendel quote + namedrop, Mr. Ford.

vypek

I feel like I'm missing out on a lot for this series for having not seen Frisky Dingo. Guess I have to change that

Mazre

I feel like I'm missing out on a lot for this series for having not seen Frisky Dingo. Guess I have to change that

You're not missing much other than cameos/references to old jokes. That said, if you enjoy Archer, Frisky Dingo is very easy to recommend. Same comedy beats but with extremely tight continuity, zero grounding in reality, and character mortality that would give Game of Thrones pause.

When they went to the space station 3 seasons ago, I was really expecting the X-ticles to be there.

I almost wish she had just said 'that's going in the slideshow' instead of mentioning Wendel by name.
Also, If I remember my Frisky Dingo...Wendel was the one person who didn't know what the slideshow reference was. Everyone else kept mentioning it and Wendel asked 'What's this slideshow everyone's talking about?"

vypek

You're not missing much other than cameos/references to old jokes. That said, if you enjoy Archer, Frisky Dingo is very easy to recommend. Same comedy beats but with extremely tight continuity, zero grounding in reality, and character mortality that would give Game of Thrones pause.

:) Sounds great

Today I found out Babou is a reference to Salvador Dali's pet ocelot.

Learn something new everyday :)

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
When they went to the space station 3 seasons ago, I was really expecting the X-ticles to be there.

I almost wish she had just said 'that's going in the slideshow' instead of mentioning Wendel by name.
Also, If I remember my Frisky Dingo...Wendel was the one person who didn't know what the slideshow reference was. Everyone else kept mentioning it and Wendel asked 'What's this slideshow everyone's talking about?"

Yeah, he didnt get the slideshow thing.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
the cunt joke had me in stitches

I miss Woodhouse :( I wonder what happened to him.
Also Archer still having the Dicky and Seamus tattoos is the cutest thing ever and I love it every time when they show his back.

Grisby

Man, I wonder if something is up with Jessica Walters. Mallory has hardly been around and when she talks I swear something feels off with her voice.

That Krieger joke about murder is one of the darkest and funniest jokes this show has had.

vypek

Man, I wonder if something is up with Jessica Walters. Mallory has hardly been around and when she talks I swear something feels off with her voice.

That Krieger joke about murder is one of the darkest and funniest jokes this show has had.

I'm assuming she is sick at this point and it has affected her voice.

I remember hearing before the season that they had an episode partly written about Archer being forced to take AJ and Shamus (who is a toddler now) out on a mission with him. I REALLY hope we still get that. The finale is usually a 2-parter so not much time left : (

I remember hearing before the season that they had an episode partly written about Archer being forced to take AJ and Shamus (who is a toddler now) out on a mission with him. I REALLY hope we still get that. The finale is usually a 2-parter so not much time left : (

The finale is indeed a two parter this season.
It's also a Fantastic Voyage spoof.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I'm assuming she is sick at this point and it has affected her voice.

She sounded very sick. I hope Jessica Walters is okay and this is just a temporary thing. If they aren't going to use her character effectively though I could see them killing her off or just removing her from the regular rotation, which would suck because she's a Top 3 character at her best.

For some strange reason, Archer sounded a lot more like Bob than he normally does. its never been an issue for me even though Ive watched both shows from the beginning, Ive never really had the voice mix up in my head.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
For some strange reason, Archer sounded a lot more like Bob than he normally does. its never been an issue for me even though Ive watched both shows from the beginning, Ive never really had the voice mix up in my head.

i think the less abrasive archer becomes, the more hes gonna sound like the softer bob.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
His mom's voice has recently become really weird. Like super somber or dry, it's hard to say what it is, but it's less sassy.

vypek

She sounded very sick. I hope Jessica Walters is okay and this is just a temporary thing. If they aren't going to use her character effectively though I could see them killing her off or just removing her from the regular rotation, which would suck because she's a Top 3 character at her best.

Yeah, I also think whatever sickness she has is affecting her voice a lot. Hopefully by now she has recovered since those lines were a while ago. I just cant imagine them getting rid of the character since a lot of story lines seem to work well with her but I guess these writers can probably pull it off.

I know getting everything you want in a tv show is the worst thing ever, but I will be genuinely bummed out if Archer and Lana don't patch things up.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I just caught up on the season. Overall I've had mixed feelings on the entirety. But the stand out moment for me is easily when Ray
Kills the plant and just laughs saying "I've got to hand it to you" while revealing his bleeding stump. I'm losing my shit just thinking about it.
Why is Ray the best character?

zychi

Banned
I just caught up on the season. Overall I've had mixed feelings on the entirety. But the stand out moment for me is easily when Ray
Kills the plant and just laughs saying "I've got to hand it to you" while revealing his bleeding stump. I'm losing my shit just thinking about it.
Why is Ray the best character?

Because Archer isn't over the top Archer anymore, and Kreiger isn't the same Kreiger. He wins by default.

iMax

60Vw2e3.png

Pachimari

Have never heard about this show but I were disappointed seeing it's a cartoon. Is is great anyway? Is it real actors acting and then the fx team making it look like a cartoon? Kind of like A Scanner Darkly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom