• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S7 |OT| of Jazz Hands, Suppressing Fire & the Danger Zone - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the changes the show goes through from season to season. That and the animation improves with each season too.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Looks like the opening shot is going to be the season-long mystery hook. It will be interesting to see where that goes.

So good to have this back.

big ander

Loved that. Fun Chinatown/Sunset Blvd. mashup with all sorts of other noir references, jokes came quick and often like Archer at its best. That whole escape exchange was hysterical. "Why didn't you tell us you were bleeding like a Russian princess?!"

I wonder whether the Archer dying flashforward is going to be resolved at the end of this 2 parter or be a season-long tease.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
That was fun. Seems like the setting and scenario changes will play well, and it sounds like this season is a little more serialized than others, so there's potential in a longer form Hollywood conspiracy.

I wonder whether the Archer dying flashforward is going to be resolved at the end of this 2 parter or be a season-long tease.
It spans the full season.

I bought the season pass on iTunes and I just wanted to point out that they stick commercials at the beginning and end of each episode. What the hell is the point of paying for something and also having to deal with commercials?

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Love this new season already. Felt it was on a bit of a decline in the previous ones, but at the very least I am glad the characters are back at a level of competency I enjoy from them. Knowing they are pretty good at espionage gives the world a little life to me.

big ander

That was fun. Seems like the setting and scenario changes will play well, and it sounds like this season is a little more serialized than others, so there's potential in a longer form Hollywood conspiracy.

It spans the full season.
Does the Chinatown homage span the season too?

I think I'd prefer it if the whole season has the Sunset Blvd frame, then within the season they do riffs on different LA crime movies/tv. Take on Heat, Double Indemnity, maybe a Tarantino ep. Highest on my wish list would be The Long Goodbye but the chances of that are slim

vypek

Forgot to mention that I liked the subtle joke of Ray NOT being paralyzed at the start of the season and the misdirection they used.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Does anybody else think the Henchman who looks exactly like Archer is going to the be the guy in the pool?

- Warming Glow on last night's episode (including tons of gifs)

6aJaJP4.gif

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Did they say what happened with AJ? Or did she get the Woodhouse treatment?
Around and/or offscreen at the moment. I saw it mentioned that there will be some stuff based around her this season.

Does the Chinatown homage span the season too?

I think I'd prefer it if the whole season has the Sunset Blvd frame, then within the season they do riffs on different LA crime movies/tv. Take on Heat, Double Indemnity, maybe a Tarantino ep. Highest on my wish list would be The Long Goodbye but the chances of that are slim
I'm not exactly sure, I just know I saw Reed say immediately that the opening scene is where the entire season is heading.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Good episode. Nothing mind blowing, but it was snappy, light, and a good setup to the new detective agency.

Very weak premiere as far as laughs go but it laid the groundwork for the rest of the season. Hoping it's an outlier.

My thoughts exactly. It was breezy and fun but I'm hoping for more laughs in future episodes.

Didn't even really look at that guys face. lol. Yeah, I can see him being the one in the pool

Given the huge similarity, I'm guessing it's just a misdirection given the fact that this mystery is supposed to last the entire season. Otherwise it's way too obvious.

jonno394

Not the greatest episode, but solid nonetheless. Good to have Archer back. Loved the name that pam says towards the end,
Furlock Bones
probably got the biggest laugh out of me.

IJoel

I'm halfway through season 6 on Netflix, and it's sooo much better than S5. A return to form so far. Big expectations for S7 already.

Really liked the episode. Also, am I the only one who thought their new office looks like the office from the later seasons of Mad Men?

vypek

Audible erections
are still here. lol. How do we go about spoilering? Black bar until 3 hours after first airing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom