• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS Global Testpunch Thread: Let's see if this has LEGS

ASIS

Sticking to 88 meta, we'll see what happens. Picking it up regardless, testpunch convinced me!

I mean we played the game, I think everyone has a solid opinion on this. And personally I would say it's a 8.5-9/10. But I don't see reviewers giving it that much praise to be honest.

I hope you are right though!

Skippy27

Neo Member
IBTimes UK - 4/5 http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/arms-review-nintendos-gangly-switch-fighter-championship-contender-1624829

What Arms lacks in personality and content it makes up for in raw joy and a best-in-class motion control set-up that feels both comfortable and natural. Arms showcases once again that Nintendo is peerless when it comes to subverting genres without sacrificing what makes them great. Time will tell if Arms has legs to match Splatoon, but the early round scoreboards are certainly swinging in its favour.

Doorman

78 meta here we go!
I said 79 earlier, this seems about right.
Gonna be a lot of "the game is fresh and fun, BUT..." and then go on to complaints about controls and comparisons to the suite of features and story mode stuff of other fighting games.

What Arms lacks in personality

GIF-confused-Harrison-Ford-OMG-shocked-surprised-WTF-GIF.gif

So, uh, the
Champion's name has been leaked in a review. He's Max Brass, and, in the admittedly rather busy screenshot, he actually appears tone larger than even Master Mummy! Interestingly, he's shown using a red Whammer that Ribbon Girl can be seen wielding in the latest commercial...

jorgejjvr

So, uh, the
Champion's name has been leaked in a review. He's Max Brass, and, in the admittedly rather busy screenshot, he actually appears tone larger than even Master Mummy! Interestingly, he's shown using a red Whammer that Ribbon Girl can be seen wielding in the latest commercial...
Way wut

There's a new character?

DrDogg

He made guide videos to ranked and arms getter and seems like he put in a lot of time on the game. Can't watch right now but someone check if he's beating Treehouse staff easily. :p

I've played against him quite a bit. I don't recall losing to him, but I may have lost here and there and just don't remember. He's better than most of the press and can probably beat Treehouse staff. Treehouse staff are bad at this game.

EDIT: Kayane is streaming Grand Prix mode right now. I saw her hop into a Party Match lobby, but she left as soon as she saw I was there. I'm guessing she just didn't want to play online or something. She's using motion controls, but since she's playing against the AI I can't tell if she's actually good or not.

https://gaming.youtube.com/user/KayaneTV/live

DrDogg

I will say, out of all the stages in this game, I really really dislike the skate park. The moving platforms make it super difficult to land hits.

I've played against him quite a bit. I don't recall losing to him, but I may have lost here and there and just don't remember. He's better than most of the press and can probably beat Treehouse staff. Treehouse staff are bad at this game.

EDIT: Kayane is streaming Grand Prix mode right now. I saw her hop into a Party Match lobby, but she left as soon as she saw I was there. I'm guessing she just didn't want to play online or something. She's using motion controls, but since she's playing against the AI I can't tell if she's actually good or not.

https://gaming.youtube.com/user/KayaneTV/live
As a soul calibur fiend there's no way I wasn't checking out what the soul calibur queen is up to :p
Never wished I knew french until now.

Top Bottom