• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Debut Trailer [Update: Leaked Screenshots In OP]

Jeels

I don't know what you're talking about, those shots are pretty ugly. I expect a good bit better for PS4.

They aren't amazing, but the PS360 versions of AC3 were not as sharp as their bull shots. Including the performance here.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
If it looks close to bullshots on the ps4 BUT runs like butter... that's more than enough for me. Give me 12+ ships on the screen at once all firing cannons with men boarding and killing and firing guns on the deck all the while a storm rages with waves as high as some of the smaller ships and it's all gravy.

I just had so much fun with the boating levels in 3. Specifically that mission where you get jumped by 3 of the ManoWar burly as hell ships after already defeating a small fleet of ships and right as it ramps up for round 2 a crazy ass storm hits you hard. There was more atmosphere and tension and fist pumping when I sank the last fucker with a well timed broadside with my ship all but sinking (on fire, holes, dead men littering the floor) than almost any other part of the game.

They get this right... create an open world Pirate Game with all the AC bells and whistles... and i don't know how they couldn't make gangbusters.

And yes, like i said earlier, this is pirates. There WILL be extra costumes. And one of those WILL be Jack Sparrow'ed out. And it will cost you 5 fucking dollars.

Personally... i'm looking for the dirtiest fucking outfit i can find... god willing it shall include an eyepatch with the assassin's logo on it :D

edit: Also.. i wanted to say that in the scene where he headbutts that guy and jumps down off the box while face smashing a sailor at the same time... his RAGEFACE is fucking awesome. Skips a generation apparently cause Haytham was all gentleman. But the mean as hell gritted teeth look suits him good. Working myself up to honest excitement now. Really hoping i'm not setting myself up for disappointment. Come on Ubi... you got possible gold on your hands here.

M*A*S*H

4ner1pe-imgurxquc0.jpg

Does that stick on his back look like a blowpipe to anyone else?

If this properly captures the swashbuckling exploration aspect I'll be there day one with an IV prepped and ready to hook this up to my veins.

Forkball

I haven't even played III yet. I am impressed at how they are churning them out though, but I'm afraid it will crash any year now. I can't even imagine the story. Revelations set up for a huge climax but damn I guess we're still going for some reason. I must say I was never interested in pirates at all though.

Redhood

I posted bigger screens before and no one noticed:
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-world-premiere-trailer-leaked/

By the way, to everyone saying: "if only PS4 version will look like that!"

This looks completely like AC3:Liberations on The Vita, lol:

And the foliage in the jungle look compeletly retarded in those AC4 pics!

called it! and here i thought I was the only one thinking that! Lets hope its more AC3:L and less AC3.

ding ding hype hype

This is reminding me a bit of AC3 LIberation which i loved!

If this properly captures the swashbuckling exploration aspect I'll be there day one with an IV prepped and ready to hook this up to my veins.

My fear is that the drab, convoluted, terrible narrative execution is going to overpower the "swashbuckling exploration." Basically, I'm afraid Assassin's Creed is gonna be Assassin's Creed.

Personally I liked Connor's Assassin Uniform the most, my fav. one, heck ACIII is my fav. AC game.

This looks quite cool, but as I said before, it shouldn't be AC4, Naval Battles shouldn't be the focus, and the protagonist looks like another Ezio-like which isn't to my liking.

I wish this wasn't AC IV. It would be neat if it only says AC Black Flag

Yeah, me too, but apparently those "one-off" titles sell better.

I hope they've ditched the Animus concept now, though, or at least don't try to put in an overarching present day storyline.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I'm really quite liking the look of this, hopefully though this is being done by the people who actually take the advances from Brotherhood and Revelations and keeps them; unlike AC3 which felt like the developers had come straight from AC2 ignoring all the UI advances like the simple radial menus and other such things and was just a mess.

Also good about the treerunning, one of the few things i loved in AC3.

Tree Running will be in all AC games now, it was in Liberation when there was no "story" for why she could do it when for Connor it was set up and why Hathem couldn't before you changed characters.

Yeah, me too, but apparently those "one-off" titles sell better.

I hope they've ditched the Animus concept now, though, or at least don't try to put in an overarching present day storyline.

They won't have, but if AC3 and Liberation are anything to go by with the "hackers" an such at the end while we will still be in the Animus we don't need a present day character there to look at Desmond's genetic memories.

I still think they will though in some form if only to continue that mess of an ending that we got from AC3.

Squire

Banned

They won't have, but if AC3 and Liberation are anything to go by with the "hackers" an such at the end while we will still be in the Animus we don't need a present day character there to look at Desmond's genetic memories.

I still think they will though in some form if only to continue that mess of an ending that we got from AC3.

The animus is in the game.

NZNova

I can't believe they've managed to rekindle my interest in this after AC3, but by jove they've done it. Fuck.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Wow, what is with all the leaks?! Can't imagine they'll show anything we haven't seen by now come Monday.
There's a lot of new info in the previews, don't worry. But yeah, as far as actual assets go, the embargo has been a failure.

wouwie

I lost my interest in the series halway through AC2. It's such a pity that the series insists on having modern day elements in between those fantastic historical settings. Give me an AC game that is entirely situated in the historical setting and i'm interested again. But i suppose this will never happen.

That being said, i do love this pirate setting and i'm very curious to see next-gen console footage. AC is one of those series that maxed out current gen long time ago and that would definately benefit from next-gen. In that sense, it's going to be interesting to see what next-gen could mean for open world games.

Omni

I don't want to be hyped after the whole ACIII fiasco, but this looks pretty interesting. Won't preorder this time however. My purchase will be entirely dependant on other people's reviews.

M*A*S*H

My fear is that the drab, convoluted, terrible narrative execution is going to overpower the "swashbuckling exploration." Basically, I'm afraid Assassin's Creed is gonna be Assassin's Creed.

That's my main concern. If ubi just drops the modern day stuff and focuses on making this a stand alone story, that would go a long way to fixing things. Maybe ubi's intention is to have the two storylines launch alternately on a yearly basis with connor's storyline tying into the modern plot one year and edward's telling a seperate story the next.

LProtag

I don't follow Assassins' Creed that much. I've played II and I'll probably play III at some time.

If this game provides an open-world pirate simulator, kind of like a Sid Meyer's Pirates! type thing (obviously it will be quite different in many aspects), I'm probably in.

Enjoying everything I've seen so far. I'm over the main story, I'll ignore as much of that as I can, but the pirate setting could be really awesome, and those screens look great, not sure why some are calling them awful. Unless just any game on current hardware is *awful* now, while we're anticipating next gen. Only thing is, wtf is up with his face, looks like it was designed by the some people who gave us apeman prince in PoP the forgotten sands.

Top Bottom