• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Debut Trailer [Update: Leaked Screenshots In OP]

Axspell

Neo Member
First promo shots

yNZnRAQl.png

KvVmHVAl.jpg

3qHYzLyl.jpg

4b4gG4el.jpg

JUqQMUCl.jpg

jTZGZQol.jpg

Looks like more tree running.

Not bad. Although if anything this only hits home how much I don't think I'm a fan of the aesthetic. I was really hoping for Oriental Creed.

Maybe next time? ;_;

Toa TAK

Banned
The Assassin's costume seems oddly...nondescript compared to all the previous ones. Very generic looking :\

Like the protagonist himself.

Not a complaint, but it's kinda funny after a half Mohawk, an African, and now this dude.

rataven

Which I am very happy with!

These shots are getting me hyped more than the trailer itself.

Yeah, I'm glad to see tree-running make a return. And through a jungle no less. I loved the frontier, so similar jungle environments would be so rad.

What's up with this game and leaks?.

Amazing CG trailer, the only thing I miss it's a badass song ut the narration by barba negra was cool. This trailers always have hints about the gameplay in the games, si I guess we can expect dual wielding with fire weapons and swords and aquatic levels.

shaowebb

If I'm stuck doing boat battle for a good chunk of the game then count me out. If I get to go to fun locales again and spend my time in cities that are actually immersive and full of mysteries and glyph conspiracies then I'll come back.

njean777

Don't get hype, remember AC 3...

That is why I am a little hesitant. I really need to go back and finish 3. But I must say I will wait to get hyped until we see any gameplay for this. I like A Creed, but I really hope they change the game up this time.

I really, really, really hope this has been in development for 3 years or so. After AC3 I really don't want to play another rushed out release that has a hell of a lot of potential just so Ubisoft can have an AssCreed title on their release schedule every year.

Pirates are awesome.

Durock

Hmmmm... If it has open sea exploration ala The Wind Waker, then this would have an enourmous amount of potential.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I really, really, really hope this has been in development for 3 years or so. After AC3 I really don't want to play another rushed out release that has a hell of a lot of potential just so Ubisoft can have an AssCreed title on their release schedule every year.

Pirates are awesome.

ACB and ACR were made in like a year, AC2 in two, AC3 in 2+. It obviously has no bearing. Doing too much can screw things up though. AC3 had too much crap, not enough polish. Felt like a game made by people working each in their own corners and then tied together.

UrbanRats

Pirates are awesome.

AC3 was allegedly in development for 3 and a half years.
-
I think this will be better than AC3 already, the setting alone is better.
Also good about the treerunning, one of the few things i loved in AC3.

Looks interesting, but still, there was no reason for a pirate Assassins Creed, smells like big kid fantasy.

For AC game is not really a fitting theme, i agree, but going by what AC3 did good, this was the best thing you could've hoped for, from a 1 year sequel, that had to reuse a lot of assets.

Ahasverus

Is there any better basis for a game than a big kids fantasy?

Hmm... ywah? I dunno, I'm not against the idea, just agains the idea on Assassins creed, it strays too much from the orignal vision in my oipinion, it just lacks.. purity

But, who knows, maybe it's the best AC since 2? I wouldn't be against that.

Hoping for a more "Pirate-y" unlockable alternate costume.

They should go crazy like they did with the Raiden costume in (I think) Brotherhood.
Do a Guybrush Threepwood outfit, Captain Jack, or Barbosa.

Jofamo

I'd say this;

yNZnRAQl.png

basically confirms underwater exploration/gameplay. Looks like he's just emerged from the water. Sure he might have just swam on the surface from the ship, but coupled with the CGI trailer, I think there's more to it.

I'd say this;

yNZnRAQl.png

basically confirms underwater exploration/gameplay. Looks like he's just emerged from the water. Sure he might have just swam on the surface from the ship, but coupled with the CGI trailer, I think there's more to it.

Dem shooters better not work after going for a swim

just sayin' :p

nickp

Neo Member
I can't get excited about a game when they announce it with CG and already tell you to preorder. Publishers should really stop doing this.

Gadirok

I can't get excited about a game when they announce it with CG and already tell you to preorder. Publishers should really stop doing this.

I did for revelations. I didn't end up buying that though. Ended up buying 1,2 and brotherhood instead. Got burned out by brotherhood midway and didn't make it to revelations by the time it came out.

I heard it was dissapointing anyways.

The rumors circulating up to Assassin's Creed III release and the CG trailer also got me a bit hyped. It would be in a snow frontier...and America...

I honestly don't understand where I got hyped for in Assassin's Creed III but I didn't end up buying that either. The naval battles sounded interesting, but I am glad I missed out on the last 2.

I probably might jump in for this one since the setting seems interesting, but I am crossing my fingers that the game is not riddled with glitches and falling through levels upon opening doors.

UrbanRats

Hoping for a more "Pirate-y" unlockable alternate costume.

They should go crazy like they did with the Raiden costume in (I think) Brotherhood.
Do a Guybrush Threepwood outfit, Captain Jack, or Barbosa.
As much as i'm ok with this (as i said above, there's not a lot we could hope for) i would've loved somewhat of a different take on Piracy than the "golden age Caribbean" one.

I would've loved a Sandokan style pirate game (i think he's only really popular in Italy, but still).
One of my favorite characters, as a kid.

if86q3IaDyvZU.jpg

Top Bottom