• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
It's a 3 strike system. I don't know anyone who has received a letter yet.

My cap just got doubled to 80GB per month just recently. We used to cut it pretty close as when you reached the limit our speed would be throttled down to dial-up speeds (I wish I was kidding) and sometimes we had to spend a day or two being drip-fed by Telecom. I don't think we've even come close to hitting our cap yet. Until we get Netflix, etc, I just don't see what I'm going to do with all that data.

oh did it get watered down mush?

when i was over there the media was going ballistic in editorials over it

Mush, steam can easily use 80gb during some months. Max Payne 3 was 30gb!

Mush

oh did it get watered down mush?

when i was over there the media was going ballistic in editorials over it

Mush, steam can easily use 80gb during some months. Max Payne 3 was 30gb!
I don't know the inner details, but it's like the first letter you get a warning, then a fine, then dc'd.

I sporadically purchase games for Steam (usually during their sale period), but I do see where you're coming from. If I had an computer that could handle games a bit better, I would use gabe.exe more often than I do now. Maybe in a wee while.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Gravity Rush is the game that makes me want a Vita. That and Wipeout.

maladroid

Posting mainly to sub.

Where do people go to buy books these days? Like real ones (or will I have to get a Nexus 7, or something, and read them electronimically?).

Most importantly (even though it's more than a month and a half away..), will the 3DS XL come with an adapter???

Bernbaum

My drill rig has a 100-seat cinema on board so we're watching the final on that. Spain looked dangerous right from the start.

Of the ~200 crew we have 53 different nationalities on board, mostly from Europe, the Eastern Bloc, Norway and a few from South America, not to mention the Tanzanians and Kenyans we employ. That is to say, most people here are keen on football. Half the rig is on shift right now and of the other half that's on break we've got 40 people watching the game. More of the drillers would love to watch it, but have to get up in 5 hours to work a 12 hour shift.

Enjoying watching the world game with the most diverse crowd I've ever sat with and a far cry from the sweaty, blokey alehouses of the UK.

Yagharek

Such a sad game. Spain too good, Italy unlucky, no contest in the end.

Don't mind either side winning it, but just would have loved a close contest.

Salazar

Local radio carbon tax speciaaaaaaal.

Accountant: Well, Becky and Nigel, the government says that the tax will cost the average middle income earner $9.90 a week. That seems suspiciously precise to me.

IT'S AN AVERAGE YOU FUCKEN NUMPTY

Omikron

Local radio carbon tax speciaaaaaaal.

Accountant: Well, Becky and Nigel, the government says that the tax will cost the average middle income earner $9.90 a week. That seems suspiciously precise to me.

IT'S AN AVERAGE YOU FUCKEN NUMPTY

He's an accountant.

Hey! We need a banner! I was actually going to suggest irl pics, but other people might not be okay with that..
I watched the first half and then collapsed.
wake up. It's dark, and bed is warm. Go back to sleep. Though I did dream that Japan was playing for some reason, and scored 10 goals.

Jintor

I dreamt that a group of three punks were bullying me and my friend (stealing small items off us) culminating in them ripping my buddy's hand off. He didn't seem too phased but it was kind of a big deal.

So I've done it, I put through my order yesterday for my gaming PC on PCcasegear. Only worry I have now is when I check all the components the Ram is saying 'Ships in 24'. Is that going to delay the whole order from shipping for another day?

Salazar

I dreamt that a group of three punks were bullying me and my friend (stealing small items off us) culminating in them ripping my buddy's hand off. He didn't seem too phased but it was kind of a big deal.

I went to dinner with a blonde and a male friend. Others were supposed to be there, but their absence was signified on a sign on the table with leek and cabbage symbols. The blonde was agitated and, alas, gravitated towards my friend because he was better at calming her down. I was powerless to influence this situation, but eventually resigned myself to it because she was weirdly preoccupied with tearing up the bread rolls and putting the pieces in plastic bags

The dreams you have when you get up early and then go back to sleep are the worst.

Choc

Banned
i dreamt i was in a lego world and hulk was coming after me

i need to

1) stop playing lego batman so much

2) stop looking at the lego ot gaf thread

Choc

Banned
Eeeee job interview tomorrow eeeeee

anybody interviewed for a legal typist's job before

anybody

just remember its as much about you finding out if you fit into their culture as it is them.

If you have the interview they believe you can do the job, now its whether you are the best fit.

If they don't think you can do the job, you don't get an interview.

edit: so remember how the world went backwards 1 second yesterday due to earth axis? Well guess what, QF check in system shat itself because of it

Awesome QA ;)

http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/...sengers-stranded/story-e6frfq80-1226413961235

This thread smells. Let's go back to the old one.

Watched the Euro 2012 final. Fell asleep at half time. Woke up with plenty of time to see the last two goals. Fell asleep at the end until 8:30am. Oops.

r1chard

New thread! I just have to try to post more than 23 times in this one to beat my record! :)

Was gonna take my daughter the Game Masters today but she's got the flu right for the start of the school holidays so is potatoing on the couch. Maybe next week...

Last night I discovered that whiskey actually does not improve my scores in SSX. Makes some of the jokes in Justified funnier tho.

Omikron

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...tres-at-sea-idea/story-fn9hm1gu-1226413915257

THE Coalition has considered the idea of a "floating processing centre" to hold asylum-seekers, using a naval troop carrier or even a "hired cruise liner" to temporarily house them outside Australian waters while the Nauru facility is made operational. The Australian understands that because reopening Nauru would take at least 12 weeks, the opposition wants to have a stop-gap option available that would deter people from boarding dangerous boats and making their way to Christmas Island.

what.

Salazar

Anti carbon tax rally, lol.

dtGN7.jpg
VlMmo.jpg

Belt up Jonesy you twat.

Choc

Banned
old farts who hate change

what a fuckin surprise

you know what tony abbott said yesterday, let me tell you what he said

Tony Abbott and i quote

"There will be no carbon tax under the Government I lead"

The exact same words JG said.

If he doesn't repeal it i expect him to be slaughtered by the media as well. But that won't happen will it.......

Shaneus

So, Holy's messed up ANOTHER AusGAF thread title. We need EC in here to clean that shit up.

Also, I am sick.

r1chard

Does anyone else have "100% wind power" electricity with Origin? We just got a letter from them saying that because of the Carbon Tax our power rate will be dropping by 44%. The letter make a vague hand-wavey statement about prices going up, but didn't give any specific detail except that 44% reduction. I'm fairly sure the overall rate change will mean I'm paying more (because I'm a cynic.) Does anyone know what the story is? I'd ring the company but asking on here is way more preferable to sitting on hold for hours...

Choc

Banned
Does anyone else have "100% wind power" electricity with Origin? We just got a letter from them saying that because of the Carbon Tax our power rate will be dropping by 44%. The letter make a vague hand-wavey statement about prices going up, but didn't give any specific detail except that 44% reduction. I'm fairly sure the overall rate change will mean I'm paying more (because I'm a cynic.) Does anyone know what the story is? I'd ring the company but asking on here is way more preferable to sitting on hold for hours...

if you're using sustainable energy only then it should be going down

44% reduction sounds like a cut to me (because Origin i am sure would be getting some nice funding from the Government to encourage it to use Wind power)

Dammit, just received an email saying the Ram is expected to arrive at their warehouse today. Guess my order won't be shipping until at least tomorrow :(

old farts who hate change

what a fuckin surprise

you know what tony abbott said yesterday, let me tell you what he said

Tony Abbott and i quote

"There will be no carbon tax under the Government I lead"

The exact same words JG said.

If he doesn't repeal it i expect him to be slaughtered by the media as well. But that won't happen will it.......

This whole video is your post but, this bit in particular: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YmBKwo6iE4&feature=player_detailpage#t=54s

Salazar

If a DHL package was "forwarded for delivery" yesterday morning in Brisbane, it should get to me on the Gold Coast today, right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom