• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda has an embargo on announcing the FO4 review embargo, are you kidding me

jtar86

Hello Bethesda! I'm a passionate gamer and I have one thing to say: FUCK your game!
This can't be real right? At this point I honestly can't tell any more. What the fuck is going on? Embargoes have always been a thing. If they had anything to hide they would make the embargo for the day after not the day before. As for the embargo for the embargo; yeah it's stupid but hardly worth the uproar it has seemed to cause with some people. Literally no one outside the people that frequent this forum will even know about it. Most people don't even know what review embargoes are.

If the PC version performed stably and had no bugs, I would have no problems believing that... problem is, we all know how buggy even the lead platform version of Skyrim was.

I'm pretty sure that the 360 was Skyrim's lead platform - didn't they develop the game for that console first?

I'm not sure you understood what this embargo is about. It's not embargo that doesn't allow you to post the review, it's the embargo that doesn't allow you to tell when you will release the review itself (so until today, you could not say 'i will post review of the game on [xxx].

That's bullshit and will definitely make we wait for GOTY edition with all the dlc.

Really? That's what's making you wait?

If the PC version performed stably and had no bugs, I would have no problems believing that... problem is, we all know how buggyj even the lead platform version of Skyrim was.

I'm. It sure if it was the lead console, but I had no issues playing Skyrim on the 360. There were a few glitches and shit you can expect with any open world game that size, but nothing even close to game breaking. In my experience with it, at least. Same with Fallout 3.

How in the world has this convinced some of you to not buy the game? That just seems like hyperbole and over-cynicism.

This doesn't seem like a big deal at all - we still know when the reviews will be out, and have known for a long time.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
tumblr_lqkiyl5VyT1r1x609o1_250.jpg
It is a crime against humanity that this wasn't the first post.

I am glad. I got another week until the obvious threads:

Fallout 4 is a buggy mess

Is it just me or if Fallout 4 not good?

LTTP: Fallout 4 is hot garbage

I'll wait for 4 months to find a GAF consensus after all the dumb hot take threads.

I really don't get why they don't show some confidence in their own game.

The media will lap it up, Fallout 4 sounds like every AAA-reviewers wet dream.

Just....puzzling....

Haunted

seems normal to me

This is just the one in charge (publishers) telling their subordinates (enthusiast press) how to do their job and to align schedules so everyone's goal (the successful execution of the PR department's marketing plan) goes off without a hitch.

Mupod

hasn't this game been leaked to high heaven ages ago? What's the point of embargoes when everybody's already seen everything.

Top Bottom