• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom's Forecasts: Resident Evil 6 7m, DmC 2m, Dragon's Dogma 1.5m, LP3 1.4m shipped

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The projected sales of those 4 games combined are 11.9 million. Their total projected sales for 2012 is 20 million.

I wonder if there's yet to be announced titles for this year which is expected to do really well. Or if they have a ton of other games which adds up to that (like the various HD collections they're releasing this year, or misc releases like SFxT on PC).

Despite console game sales are heavily frontloaded, many of Capcom's older games will still sell throughout the course of the year. I expect Resident Evil games in general to sell extremely well up to the launch fo RE6.

And then, as you mentioned, there might be something in the works that they haven't announced yet.

Bruno MB

Pretty interesting figures.

Resident Evil 6 will be incredibly huge though 7 million units shipped during its first fiscal year looks like a very aggressive goal.

I think their projection for Dmc Devil May Cry and Dragon's Dogma (I really want this game to sell well since I want future installments) is doable and even quite conservative by Capcom's standards.

I still don't know why Capcom green-lighted Lost Planet 3 after the terrible performance of Lost Planet 2. They are projecting this new entry to sold even less, it must be a cheap development.

I remember how one of the main reasons Capcom farmed out DMC to a western dev is that they were disappointed with DMC4's sales.

Now they expect DmC's sales to be LESS.

That's some high level culture, right there.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
DmC's best hope is a big launch because word of mouth is going to destroy it in the long run. Dragon's Dogma is probably going to be the complete opposite.

Kayo-kun

Hilarious that DmC is down from 5m (from the expectations last year) to 2m.

Funny thing is that the reason they wanted to reboot the DMC series was to reach "GoW sales". Well the DMC series (DMC 4) were already reaching above their expectations for DmC. DMC4 sold 2.3m copies as of 2008, probably near 3m if not more today. So the sole reason for their reboot seem to be out of question now, and the reboot have ironicly lead to many of the core fanbase losing interest in the series.

tl:dr Capcom wanted to get more sales than DMC4 with this reboot, seems like they'll get less, lol!

Top Bottom