• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dinosaurs attacked Noah's Ark (during an epic Angel battle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eiaha.gif

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I guess it makes sense that Young Earther's believe in that, but on some mental level I guess I didn't think they took things that far.

dabig2

Wait people seriously believe in Noah's Ark? I'm pretty sure my Sunday school teachers explicitly told us that it was allegorical or something when I was like...eight.
I guess it makes sense that Young Earther's believe in that, but on some mental level I guess I didn't think they took things that far.

Hah, at my fundie school, every year we were told that "this might be the year that we finally uncover Noah's arc on Mt Aratat". God, we watched documentaries about that shit constantly.

Hah, at my fundie school, every year we were told that "this might be the year that we finally uncover Noah's arc on Mt Aratat". God, we watched documentaries about that shit constantly.

OH YEAH WE FOUND A PIECE OF WOOD ON A MOUNTAIN.

GOD IS REAL. GOD IS REAL.

Wait people seriously believe in Noah's Ark? I'm pretty sure my Sunday school teachers explicitly told us that it was allegorical or something when I was like...eight.

My mom is Black-Christian-Woman stereotype to the max, and even she told me half the shit in the bible is metaphorical stuff.

This is unreal. Hahaha! I know a lot of 7th Day Adventists and as far as I know none of them think this. I'm so thrilled that this book exists. I feel that I need to own a copy now.

I agree, title this thing Jurrasic Ark and make it into a movie, Hollywood. Pay the author handsome royalties because he is clearly a genius.

bengraven

You don't have to find it, it's right here.

Maybe I should just say $5 and find the part in one of our bibles where it details all this.

Edit: Having problems finding it. Does someone have the verses? I've looked over the Noah chapter over and over again. Maybe it's a flashback later on in the story?

Reminds me of the Crusader Comics by Jack Chick

Also full of batshit insane conspiracy theories and pseudoscience.

I fucking love Chick tracts. Not only was the art really good most of the time, but the pure hatred for anyone who wasn't an evangelical Christian was something straight out of a Sasha Baren Cohen skit.

There are people devoting their lives to finding the remains of Noah's Ark.

One of the first movies I recall seeing in the theater was In Search of Noah's Ark.

I agree, title this thing Jurrasic Ark and make it into a movie, Hollywood. Pay the author handsome royalties because he is clearly a genius.

Why would you have to pay the author royalties? This is all just scientific FACT!

I fucking love Chick tracts. Not only was the art really good most of the time, but the pure hatred for anyone who wasn't an evangelical Christian was something straight out of a Sasha Baren Cohen skit.

When I was a kid, I loved going around on Sundays and picking up all the Chick comics that littered the ground.

sonicfan

Venerable Member
One thing (obviously not the only thing) that gets me about young earth theories is what about the vastness of space? If the speed of light is constant, and the universe is 6,000 years old, how can we see things that are more than 6,000 light years away? Or is the argument that God just created all the stars and galaxies way off in space all at the exact same instant in various forms of development, and also created the light that travels to earth to just "make it appear" that these objects are as far away as they seem to us today....or maybe the speed of light is not constant, or maybe dinosaurs DID battle Noah....I'm so confused now....this book is so convincing.....

This is easily the best OT thread I've seen all month.

The one Amazon review for the book:

I found this book in a school library. Comedy gold down to 15 foot human beings and cave men being punished by God with devolution due to their sins. It would be hard to come up with more wacky theories than are found in every page of this book.

bengraven

When I was a kid, I loved going around on Sundays and picking up all the Chick comics that littered the ground.

Our local laundry mat always had about 6 different tracks on their bulletin board. I started collecting them because they would change every couple weeks.

I tried doing it these days, but they're hard to find. I'll very rarely find one in a restaurant bathroom.

I'm still waiting for the first young earther to come in here to defend. We have an incest defense force ... we gotta have one for this book.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
What I find funny is that this is the book they chose to show you, instead of Darwin's Black Box or Signature of the Cell, which at the very least atheists would not use as a source of humor.
The author proposes that Noah's Ark was most likely attacked by the dinosaurs (in their final dying moments) in the early moments of the Great Flood, It gets better. He also believes that not only did they attack Noah's immense vessel, but they did so because fallen angels, bitterly angry at God, were driving them to attack the Ark in an attempt to end humanity forever!!! And the only reason the Ark survived the dinosaur and fallen angel onslaught was because the devout angels still faithful to God fought them off in an epic battle!

That's fantastically AWESOME. I'd seriously LOVE for someone to make a Hollywood movie out of this. The movie could start out with Noah (played by Chris Hemsworth) building his ark and the rest of the community making fun of him. Then the mid act would be Noah collecting all of the pairs of animals from all over the world and herding them back to the Ark. And the last act would be the start of the Great Flood, with Noah setting sail and rebuking the frantic rest of humanity as they beg and plead with him to take them along, of course followed by the epic Angel and dinosaur battle as the movie's Grand Climax.

Fuck, I'd pay to see that movie!!!!!
Is it too late to include this sequence in the Aronofsky Noah movie? I really hope that he's using this book as a source of inspiration.

massoluk

Banned
True Story:

While I was a student at 7th Day Adventist international school in Thailand, a bunch of American volunteers (and their preacher) came to the school. We gathered in auditorium (school weekly activities period), and they gave all of us ziploc bags with Lego blocks in it, told us to shake and shake and shake.

The preacher concluded at the end to the tune of "See? Evolution is bull shit? No creation as complex as human happened by chance, just like these Lego can't become some figures." Then the preacher lead a prayer about "Thank you, lord for showing us that we're not created by chance, blah, blah, blah, Amen."

Mind you. We have Bible classes, we have science teacher that skipped evolution chapter in the text book, but that event takes the cake.

PS: 7th Day Adventists are some of the most kind hearted and humane people I've ever met, and a lot of them do believe in Evolution, including my science teacher.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Does the fight take place before or during the flood according to the author?

The illustrations show it taking place during the beginning of the flood. The epic dinosaur / angel battle rages on in the monsoon rains and violent thunderous lightning!!!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
True Story:

While I was a student at 7th Day Adventist international school in Thailand, a bunch of American volunteers (and their preacher) came to the school. We gathered in auditorium (school weekly activities period), and they gave all of us ziploc bags with Lego blocks in it, told us to shake and shake and shake.

This is hilarious.

Platy

I would totaly watch this movie.

and then go to neogaf to say how bad it was =P

There are people devoting their lives to finding the remains of Noah's Ark.

Without those dude we would not have Okami and Spriggan ... so I don't have problems wih their existence xD

In the New Testament, Jesus believed in it:

Matthew 24: 37-39 said:
As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away.

A lot of fundamentalists believe this confirms the story of Noah, because if Jesus believed in it, it must be true.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Wait, so the Aunt thought that this would convince you?

It does look like a pretty badass book though. The dinosaurs charging the Ark is epic.

I need this book. I need it in my life. Those pics are too compelling; I must read this book and then see it brought to life on the big screen.

I already know what the first shitty sequel (you just can't live up to the original's premise) is going to be about:
Dragons (which really are just dinosaurs, but more evil)

sanjorgeimage.jpg

Science is so boring by comparison. This shit is way more fun to believe!

I hope the book sells well. There need to be sequels. Khalessi isn't the only bitch with Dragons, I have a feeling....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom