• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dinosaurs attacked Noah's Ark (during an epic Angel battle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I seriously need that author's supplier #

That is some fine ass drugs to come up with that

Holy Fuck, just like everyone else, I need this in movie form, fuck we should get those Lego stop animation guys to do 15 minute skit

I'll kickstart it for $10, if blu-ray 45 minute version $35

Matt

People actually believing Noah's arc was real is news to me too. I don't know about any other catholic schools..but at the catholic school I went to the teachers would straight up tell us Noah's arc didn't really happen. Heck they even told us the story of Adam and Eve wasn't to be taken literally. So this is kinda weird to me.

Catholics decided about 400-500 years ago to get down with science.

Replicant

This gives a new twist to the old saying "Jesus Christ take the wheel....."

Apparently that's because Noah had to fight those Dinos + fallen Angels. He couldn't do that while steering the Ark.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I can't believe the dinosaur book and Weekender magazine shown in this thread aren't jokes.

I just can't. Is this for real? Are there really such people in the US?

Ultratech

Man, people come up with crazy shit. Though it would make an awesome movie.

Well, the dragons were...

QBBtL.jpg

If you go by Monster Hunter logic, they are Elder Dragons. (Despite that classification being a catch-all for any "legendary" monster.)

Wait. I've seen scans from this book. The guy is like a constantly shouting grown up Charlie Brown, it explains that Adam was 20 feet tall, and that tyrannosaurs lived in swamp water and breathed fire. And if you disputed that last point because "tyrannosaurs didn't live in swamps," then you were rebutted with - I shit you not -, "Well are you gonna tell a T-Rex what to do!?!?"

Az987

all good things
You guys wouldn't be laughing so much if you had ever been on a boat under siege by dinosaurs.

Shit is not fun.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Asylum Pictures has the rights to this as we speak. Shit will be on Netflix next week.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Are we all supposed to be descendants of Noah and his wife? Sorry, I don't know the story.
Adam and Eve bro. They were friends of the dinosaurs. Not sure how it happened, but the dinosaurs got pissed at Noah (one of their descendants) because he left them off of his ark and that lead to this.

destroytheark.gif

By the way, I'm a Christian, and this book is hilariously bad. I can't believe that there are actually people out there that call themselves Christians who think the world is 6,000 years old and that dinosaurs co-existed with humans.

bengraven

But if evolution is real, then why DON'T we see transitional fossils? Why isn't every fossil slightly different than another?

WHY WE STILL GOT CROCODILES AND THEY AIN'T EVOLVED YET.

Chichikov

So as I was trying to make perfectly sure that I'm not duped here (seriously, how can you fucking tell), I ended up at the author's website.

FACT: This is dope web design!
This is not a "fable" and this is not a "myth"
It is a verifiable scientific FACT!

Seriously, check that shit out -

4dR82.png

And yes, those stars do animate.

So first thing we learn about Jim Pinkoski is that he's a man of worth, a man whose biography cannot be contained by a mere single html page, oh no, you'll need 5, probably 6 of those babies.
2nd of all, Star Wars?

Oh yeah, Star Wars.
rPfX2.jpg

yep, that's him
A long time ago, in a parking lot far, far away.
Getting hit by a cheap Photoshop lightning effect for some reason.

Also, this -
zyWS3.jpg

And you know what?
I don't even care anymore if this is some super elaborate hoax, shit's funny regardless.

i-Lo

But if evolution is real, then why DON'T we see transitional fossils? Why isn't every fossil slightly different than another?

WHY WE STILL GOT CROCODILES AND THEY AIN'T EVOLVED YET.

Who said they didn't?

Adaptation (and Natural selection) is part of evolution but is also random in smaller gaps. It generally happens over millions of years through either diversification and/or convergence and/or betterment and/or worsening (in which case natural selection also comes into play).

If one wants to observe evolution through adaptation in say, a span of a few decades, then one should look up "Super bug" or "antibiotic resistant strain" of bacteria. Their evolution was massively accelerated by human intervention.

bengraven

Just FYI, I was being somewhat sarcastic.

Though it has been said that modern crocs existed in a nearly exact same form millions of years ago, the idea is that we're all changing in our dna, though obviously it doesn't always take a physical shape.

BTW thanks, I adore Richard Dawkins and look at how kind he is, despite being the complete opposite of her side.

i-Lo

It is the go to counter example for claims he is a dick.

In an ideal world scientists like him or Neil DeGrasse Tyson would also be in politics effecting real change on a more realistic time span. Of course, scepticism is an absolute necessity but only when the true intention holds neither malice nor agendas beyond finding facts.

Most of current politicians are fucking us over.

bengraven

It is the go to counter example for claims he is a dick.

Granted, even that video proves that he can get a bit arrogant with his arguments. We know that she's basically the Mouth of the Movement right now, spewing words that were manufactured for her to say, but he does get a bit dickish and curt.

That said, he's right and it's ridiculous. Teach the Controversy. Give me a break, there is no controversy. Why teach controversy anyway? "This has a chance of being horribly, horribly wrong, but we're going to teach it to you anyway and program your brains to believe it".

So the world is covered in water and then the ark is attacked by dinosaurs.

Those dinosaurs swim? Fly? Only pteradactyls attack?

I don't get it. Adventists lose again.

Besides, we've all already seen Waterworld. Wasn't that close enough?

W1SSY

Damn I had almost the same discussion with my roommates last semester. My one roommate even came up with the title Jurassic Ark and we messed around with a storyline and did some casting
Morgan Freeman as God

gabbo

Did he really have to use Jack Layton as his narrator?
This nonsense is rather humourous in its ridiculousness, but sad that anyone might actually believe it as truth.
"The Bible is the ultimate "Star Wars" story!!!!!!!" - That's a choice quote right there

Narcosis

So as I was trying to make perfectly sure that I'm not duped here (seriously, how can you fucking tell), I ended up at the author's website.

I don't even care anymore if this is some super elaborate hoax, shit's funny regardless.

Looking through the OP post and through that website, along with the posted pages of the comics, I think this is a genuine believer making these comics. Reasons I believe this are:

-The OP says the book came from a Seventh Day Adventist woman. The cover of that comic has "ABC" books. ABC is Adventist Book Club, a church sponsored business that visits each church 3-4 times a year and sells Adventist and general Christian literature as well as vegetarian foods. (SDAs promote Biblical diet such as no pork or shellfish, and also encourage people to go full vegetarian)

-The 15 foot people in Adam and Eve era comes from the writings of Ellen White, one of the founders of the SDA church and their so-called prophetess. I remember reading this crap about people being upwards of 15 feet tall when my grandmother used to be a church deaconess and helped with cataloging the donated library books for the church. I can't remember the specific book that came from since White "wrote" (plagiarized a good chunk of it actually) dozens, if not at least a hundred books and manuscripts.

-This guy's website has a section on the Ten Commandments. To SDAs, the 4th commandment, to observe the Sabbath day, is one of the defining aspects of their church. They worship on Saturday, and teach, according to their interpretation of the end times, that the Vatican will impose worldwide Sunday observance and that this is the Mark of the Beast, since God's true Sabbath is on Saturday. This guy's website in the Ten Commandments section specifically complains about attempts to enforce Blue Laws.

I like how it's in an action balloon.

SCIENTIFIC FACT.
Yes, it is VERY EASY to PROVE that Noah's ark was laid asunder by Dinosaurs and fallen angels.

MrHicks

Banned
the sad thing is that MILLIONS are reading this and think to themselves "seems legit"

makes you wanna nuke humanity from orbit
theres tons of great people but humanity when viewed as a collective race is such a joke
the entire universe is laughing at us

UFO's must be safari tours for rich aliens so they can come and observe the lulz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom