• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden (3DS) - Western release confirmed (October 20th)

Santar

I'm a bit worried that this is a bit too focused on using support characters. It looks like it can get very chaotic and I don't think you can attack the support chars either.

Sweeeeeet
Was really looking forward to this.

Damn the 3DS region lock. I hate waiting for localization announcements like this tho.

18-Volt

Namco is going really great nowadays. Digimon Cyber Sleuth and God Eater 2 Rage Burst remain. Come on Namco, you can do it!

I hoped for a "Supersonic Warriors 3" renaming but orginal name is fine too.

BedBison

Neo Member
This game's sprite work is gorgeous, Arc System Works are the masters.

Also this is a pretty great year for DragonBall. Xenoverse, DragonBall Super, and now this.

bumpkin

Been playing the demo a bunch the past few days and really dig it. It could just be the post-orgasmic effect of having seen the new movie though.

Has there been any word on if the NA release will have the English VAs for the character voices?

Tailzo

I thought the sprites were nice in the demo, but it feels more like a street fighter than a dragon ball game. Not my cup of tea.

iBlue

The demo gave me good impressions about it. The lack of online will affect sales that's for sure, can't believe they are real easing it without online features.

The demo gave me good impressions about it. The lack of online will affect sales that's for sure, can't believe they are real easing it without online features.

Not really a Dragon Ball Z fan but decided to try out the demo anyway because the pickings are slim when it comes to fighting games on the 3DS. After learning the mechanics, I started enjoying it. Then I found out there wasn't going to be online play when I was searching for the release date. Any desire I had to buy the game died almost immediately.

SSGSS Vegeta as an assist character. Put code in at the title screen.

OtgURVt.jpg

About Controls
Guard - <- (durung enemy attack)
Dash - -> ->
Emergency Evade - B - A well-timed evasion = a Perfect Dodge
Charge Ki - R
Recover - Any button (when knocked down or in the air)
Change Character - Touch (combantant panel) *changes require time to cool downn)
Z Assist - Touch (Z assist panel) *assists require time to cool down
Hyper Dash (Uses 50% of your spirit gauge) - -> + R
Strong Combo - X Y * Hold down the X button to power up
Blast Combo - X A
Z Combo - Y Y X or (while crouched) Y X *Z Cancel can be used
Z Cancel (Uses 25% of your spirit gauge) - (after Z Combo) -> + R
Super Combo - Y Y A or (while crouched) Y A
Neo Combo - Y Y Y Y Y
Meteor Combo (Air/Ground) - Y Y Y Y X - Knock your opponent back (air/ground)
Surprise Attack - L+Y

Goku

Kioken x20 (uses 100% of spirit gauge) - (on the ground) Y Y Y Y X A
Spirit Bomb (uses 100% of spirit gauge) - (in the air) Y Y Y Y X A
Ultimate Counter (uses 150% of spirit gauge) - During opponet's Ultimate Combo. A - Triggers a button-tapping battle
Super Kamehameha (uses 200% of spirit gauge) - (on ground) Y Y Y Y X A - Ground or Air (depends on character)
Blitz Attack (uses 25% of spirit gauge) - L + X
Kamehameha (uses 50% of spirit gauge) = L + A
Sparking (while Awakenend and being attacked) L+ B - One use per battle
Dragon Soul - (while Awakenend) L + B

Gohan (Kid)

Masenko (uses 100% of spirit gauge) - (one ground) Y Y Y Y X A
Blast Barrage (uses 100% of spirit gauge) - (in the air) Y Y Y Y X A
Ultimate Counter (uses 150% of spirit gauge) - During opponet's Ultimate Combo. A - Triggers a button-tapping battle
Super Saiyan Blast Barrage (uses 200% of spirit gauge) - (in the air) Y Y Y Y X A - Ground or Air (depends on character)
Masenko (uses 50% of spirit gauge) L + A

Vegeta

Final Flash (uses 100% of spirit gauge) - (on the ground) Y Y Y Y X A
Galick Gun (uses 100% of spirit gauge) - (in the air) Y Y Y Y X A
Super Galick Gun - (uses 200% of spirit gauge) - (in the air) Y Y Y Y X A - Ground or Air (depends on character)
Big Bang Attack (uses 50% of spirit gauge) L + A

Majin Buu

I Hate You! (uses 100% of spirit gauge) - (on the ground) Y Y Y Y X A
Buu Press (uses 100% of spirit gauge) - (in the air) Y Y Y Y X A
Turn into Cookie! (uses 200% of spirit gauge) - (on ground) Y Y Y Y X A - Ground or Air (depends on character)
Disappear! (uses 50% of spirit gauge) = L + A

DeathPeak

That's kind of a bummer. Part of what I loved about the SNES games was being able to fly into the air at my own free will. Still on the fence about it.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Really fun demo! Think I'll pick it up at BB because Super Butoden 2 looks like it doesn't age well at all.

Tansut

Did anybody who pre-ordered this from Amazon get their code for Super Butoden 2 yet? The game is already delivered but I haven't gotten the code.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Heading to Best Buy to pick up my preorder! I assume the preorder code will be emailed after pickup confirmation.

Shauni

Heading to Best Buy to pick up my preorder! I assume the preorder code will be emailed after pickup confirmation.

I had to email Bandai Namco for my code FWIW.

Wasn't the pre-order code Amazon exclusive? I was under the impression it was. Or was that just the assist characters? I also didn't get my code e-mailed as of yet. How did you go about e-mailing Bandai, Zero?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Best Buy got the six assist characters. It shows up in your order history as an additional item.

ZeroX03

Banned
Wasn't the pre-order code Amazon exclusive? I was under the impression it was. Or was that just the assist characters? I also didn't get my code e-mailed as of yet. How did you go about e-mailing Bandai, Zero?

I bought from a local retailer who were suppose to get codes and then didn't and there was some weirdness. So I just aside on BN's Facebook page, they gave me their email and then got the retailer to send me a code. I think they just screwed up supplying codes.

Was both assists and the SNES game.

Shauni

Ah I see. Hopefully, Amazon comes through soon. Does anyone happen to know if there's ways besides codes to unlock more assist characters? I looked it up to see, but all I'm seeing is cheat codes.

Subaru

I've played the demo and I could liked it if... the supers didn't take TOO MUCH TIME. C'mon, we are talking about 10 seconds waiting.

DunpealD

So Amazon UK DO NOT offer Super Butoden 2 if you pre-order :/

I didn't get the Botuden 2 code either when i pre-ordered and bought it at Gamestop. Had to go through extra hoops, because Nintendo or BN actually forgot to supply them with codes. So try to contact amazon or BN.

Also according to the EU twitter it should come with all pre-orders it seems.

Fun fact: The Dragon Ball Z Super Botuden 2 that comes with the pre-order actually got a completely new set of soundtrack.

For comparisons sake here is a link to the original SNES soundtrack for comparison sake.

Tizoc

I didn't get the Botuden 2 code either when i pre-ordered and bought it at Gamestop. Had to go through extra hoops, because Nintendo or BN actually forgot to supply them with codes. So try to contact amazon or BN.

Also according to the EU twitter it should come with all pre-orders it seems.

Fun fact: The Dragon Ball Z Super Botuden 2 that comes with the pre-order actually got a completely new set of soundtrack.

For comparisons sake here is a link to the original SNES soundtrack for comparison sake.

The game's already out in EU regions isn't it? At the very least they could e-mail the codes to anyone who can provide a proof of purchase.

Yep, because Kenji Yamamoto (DB music veteran) was let go in 2010 following plagiarism accusations... which loads of videos show to be pretty obvious.

I heard it uses Hyper Dimension's OST? Likely BS but I heard that wasn't by Yamamoto so it's likely.

Also, despite the plagiarism, Yamamoto was GOAT, seriously, his Budokai work is some of the best ever. :(

DunpealD

The game's already out in EU regions isn't it? At the very least they could e-mail the codes to anyone who can provide a proof of purchase.

I had to go through Gamestop to get my code. I also wrote to BN and they told me to go through my merchant, in this case Gamestop. Glad it went well for me. Pitty for those who actually pre-ordered and didn't get theirs. From what I know I was the only one who went after the code XD.

Yep, because Kenji Yamamoto (DB music veteran) was let go in 2010 following plagiarism accusations... which loads of videos show to be pretty obvious.

I heard it uses Hyper Dimension's OST? Likely BS but I heard that wasn't by Yamamoto so it's likely.

Also, despite the plagiarism, Yamamoto was GOAT, seriously, his Budokai work is some of the best ever. :(

Don't really care about his plagiarism. But I really liked the iconic OG DBZ soundtrack. Still miss it.
The new renditions of Cha-la head cha-la lack the bite of the original one. :(

Top Bottom