• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGX 2015: VR Year!!

AHA-Lambda

There's only 5 dev sessions unannounced, though I admit it IS cutting it pretty close.

VIVE signup is live, I doubt you'll have to signup for Oculus & PSVR signup is in the hands of Sony, so I wouldn't worry about that as anything indicative of issues with the show itself.

I'm not sure I agree about a weak AAA lineup, can you think of a lot of high profile games that aren't going to be there?
I kind of feel like we got spoiled at E3 with a lot of VERY early announcements for games that will push back to the end of 2016 and into 2017 which is why they won't be playable here.

Speak of the devil and the vive sign ups appear :p

I guess I just expected more AAA 2016 titles, almost everything is for this fall, wasn't like this in other years.
Just for example, where is XCOM? Hitman? Or Deus Ex or Dark Souls? Unravel?
Loads of games that were at Gamescom why aren't they here?

Although I'm not surprised I expected some presence from Fallout 4 also.

The survey says choose all that applies but only lets you choose one... Also some of these questions are weird "what feeling do you have when most like to play games" and one of the answers is 'lonely'...

Also once done, you have to wait until 1PM tomorrow to choose the event you want to test it at.

Mikeside

Speak of the devil and the vive sign ups appear :p

I guess I just expected more AAA 2016 titles, almost everything is for this fall, wasn't like this in other years.
Just for example, where is XCOM? Hitman? Or Deus Ex or Dark Souls? Unravel?
Loads of games that were at Gamescom why aren't they here?

Although I'm not surprised I expected some presence from Fallout 4 also.

Unravel I never expected to see, but you're right with the rest you've mentioned. Disappointing.

Have they confirmed the list is complete yet?

Paganmoon

just occurred to me, I'm going with a friend, and there's no guarantee that we'll be getting the same timeslots for HTC or Morpheus demos. Hmm.

at least with timeslot appointments you won't be queuing on your own for over an hour or anything

Yeah its a good idea, gamescom with the Oculus was a pain a couple of years ago.

plus its a way to get one over on my older brother because this is the second time we've gone to this 'as my birthday present' (I'm press anyway) and he has left me to look after my younger brother who is only 17 so he can't do everything with us. I'm not telling him he has to make an appointment.

Paganmoon

at least with timeslot appointments you won't be queuing on your own for over an hour or anything

That's the thing though, I'm expecting we'll still be queuing, just that we'll be there at our designated timeslots, which could be hours apart.
Unless the timeslots will be very specific, with little to no queuing involved.

Mikeside

That's the thing though, I'm expecting we'll still be queuing, just that we'll be there at our designated timeslots, which could be hours apart.
Unless the timeslots will be very specific, with little to no queuing involved.

well hopefully you can book the same timeslot and queue together. If not, introduce yourself to some strangers. everybody else will be bored in queues too, strike up a conversation

Stuart444

On the survey, I select answers (where it asked what devices I own, question 2) and when I select continue, it says you must choose one of the options above o_O

Since we can't actually book the slot til tomorrow, no rush I guess. I'll just try again later when it's quieter/more stable I hope.

Mikeside

On the survey, I select answers (where it asked what devices I own, question 2) and when I select continue, it says you must choose one of the options above o_O

Since we can't actually book the slot til tomorrow, no rush I guess. I'll just try again later when it's quieter/more stable I hope.

Weird, I didn't have any problems actually getting getting the questions.
I
Maybe I got in before the rush

Stuart444

Weird, I didn't have any problems actually getting getting the questions.
I
Maybe I got in before the rush

Apparently because I selected almost everything (apart from XB1 and none of the above), it wouldn't work.

I took off all the options but PS4 and it worked.

Been to a few as a visitor and the queues can be long sometimes, but there is usually lots of room in the indie sections....

On that note, hope some gaffers come and visit me on my stand showing off my indie game :) - would be nice to say hello and have a chat, because it's going to be a long 4 days otherwise.

stacks_image_596.png

My game is a Dungeon Crawler set in the modern day in the style of games such as Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder.

I'm a little stressed about it all because I still have way to much to do before I can show it off, but whats a little pressure right :)

Mikeside

Been to a few as a visitor and the queues can be long sometimes, but there is usually lots of room in the indie sections....

On that note, hope some gaffers come and visit me on my stand showing off my indie game :) - would be nice to say hello and have a chat, because it's going to be a long 4 days otherwise.

stacks_image_596.png

My game is a Dungeon Crawler set in the modern day in the style of games such as Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder.

I'm a little stressed about it all because I still have way to much to do before I can show it off, but whats a little pressure right :)

I'll definitely pop by for a chinwag & to play

AHA-Lambda

Anyone else disappointed by the lineup?

I am abit, said this earlier =/

None of the indies are any I'm familiar with (previous years there were a bunch I knew I wanted to see from the off) and most of the AAAs are out in 2 months time anyway, I wanted more 2016 stuff that was further off. Can't see why, loads of things MIA that were at Gamescom.

Dark Souls 3 >_<

JoshHood

Anyone else disappointed by the lineup?

Yeah definitely. Lots of games that have been publicly playable elsewhere like Gamescom just aren't here. It's very 2015-heavy, rather than really much in the future. There are so many games that are out the first half of next year that are just not at EGX :(

AHA-Lambda

Long shot maybe but from memory NEC does seem smaller than Earl's Court.

Doubt that's the reason though. Still don't understand why some obvious games are missing :-/

Edit: heck there's a Hitman Dev session but the game is t there?

Baleoce

My goal is to try as many things as possible from the Rezzed zone, indie megabooth and the leftfield collection over the period of the 2 days. Gonna use the early entry time to play whatever triple A catches my eye. Probably starfox on the friday and battlefront on the saturday.

Doubt that's the reason though. Still don't understand why some obvious games are missing :-/

I think the space they've previously booked out for Rezzed at the NEC has been smaller, but I've no doubt that because they're bringing the main event there this time, they'll have booked an appropriately sized portion of the venue.

King_Moc

Banned

It looks pretty big from the map in the app. And I doubt a game like Dark Souls III is a game you'd turn down if it was an option tbh.

AHA-Lambda

It looks pretty big from the map in the app. And I doubt a game like Dark Souls III is a game you'd turn down if it was an option tbh.

True true, something must have happened though there's too many things missing :/

I'm going to be wary getting tickets in future though now. Kinda glad I'm not going for the 4 days now. I'm sure it'll be fun, always is, but the lineup ain't the best.

JoshHood

True true, something must have happened though there's too many things missing :/

I'm going to be wary getting tickets in future though now. Kinda glad I'm not going for the 4 days now. I'm sure it'll be fun, always is, but the lineup ain't the best.

Yeah, I've been every year, but will probably hold off next time now.

dinoroar

Banned

Edit: heck there's a Hitman Dev session but the game is t there?

Haven't been to Earl's Court but the NEC is enormous, it just depends on how many halls this is stretching across.

I'll definitely come have a look!

Stuart444

On the games there? How could it?

I don't know, just find it funny how the line up isn't as great as previous years on the same year that it gets moved to a different city.

I know it's coincidental but just found it funny.

Still looking forward to going mind.

Mideon

I doubt I will go next year either. Feel like my 4 day pass will be a waste this year as I doubt I will go all 4 days.

Stuart444

I just had to help my partner sign up again with another e-mail on the Morpheus site, there is no forget password function. :/

Lucius86

Banned
Going with my girlfriend next week Saturday. We are dressing up, because why the hell not? Having said that, her outfit hasn't arrived yet, so fingers crossed it does by Friday...

King_Moc

Banned
Ps vr signups are live. Got one at 2.10-2.40 on Saturday.

I just had to help my partner sign up again with another e-mail on the Morpheus site, there is no forget password function. :/

Had to do that twice, as well as not liking any password I put in, apparently it just refuses to recognise them when try to log back in. Terrible, terrible Web site.

Stuart444

Both me and my partner took the first slot, 10:40 - 11:10 on Sat.

Get it out of the way straight away.

Had to do that twice, as well as not liking any password I put in, apparently it just refuses to recognise them when try to log back in. Terrible, terrible Web site.

Aye, feels like it was put together in a rush.

Top Bottom