• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGX 2015: VR Year!!

Ps vr signups are live. Got one at 2.10-2.40 on Saturday.

Had to do that twice, as well as not liking any password I put in, apparently it just refuses to recognise them when try to log back in. Terrible, terrible Web site.

I got 2:40-3:10, ill see you on the way out :p

Soi-Fong

If any of you guys can try Fantastic Contraption then do it!! It's my most played demo for the HTC Vive at our studio. Lol I always play it when I have time during lunch or afterhours.

Stuart444

I got the 10:40 on Sunday.

Great, I've not got any email yet and have no faith in this crappy site >_>

Same ^ hoping one will come soon. The EGX news section says we're supposed to get a confirmation e-mail and we need that + ID.

In other EGX news, is anyone going to any dev sessions? I want to go to the Yoshida one, will probably be there early-ish since I imagine it filling up quickly.

AHA-Lambda

Same ^ hoping one will come soon. The EGX news section says we're supposed to get a confirmation e-mail and we need that + ID.

In other EGX news, is anyone going to any dev sessions? I want to go to the Yoshida one, will probably be there early-ish since I imagine it filling up quickly.

Yeah, I'm going to the Yoshida one, it's the only one there that I feel is a must see personally.

Nuborn

Christ that website is annoying, managed to get a thursday appointment after constantly refreshing. Heres to hoping it doesn't clash with the Vive appointment if I get one.

Shantom

The Morpheus sign up is the weirdest gaming survey I've seen.
mlAW9eq.png

Septic360

Banned
Im there Saturday and Sunday Come let me interview some of you! Hoping that my order of free goodies arrives on time. Glow sticks and hopefully tshirts lol.

I arrive on Friday night so debauchery will ensue at Birmingham. I've heard mixed things about the night life there.

Mikeside

Oh. It remained like that all afternoon for me. Fuck you too then I guess Sony. As with others, that was one of the main reasons I bought a ticket.

I wouldn't worry, I reckon if they're booked up already then there will be a chance to either queue on the day or at least register at the conference for extra slots

goonergaz

The PSVR was complete BS. I had registered yesterday but couldn't find how to log back in (the system actually told me that I had already registered but chose not to 'help' me by giving me a log in). So I registered again under a different email and all spaces were gone :(

I wouldn't mind but yesterday Sony sent an email saying "watch out for an email" and I'm yet to see one :(

Synth

I wouldn't mind but yesterday Sony sent an email saying "watch out for an email" and I'm yet to see one :(

EXACTLY. I'd been checking my email constantly because I assumed that's where the directions to register would pop up.

Life is so unfair...

Paganmoon

just got the Playstation VR confirmation. What I don't get though is, do you get the demo for the half hour booked, or is it just about that time you'll get to try one demo for a few minutes?

rje

I'm flying out from California tomorrow - will be there for the whole show demoing Monsters & Monocles in the Indie Megabooth. Anyone have suggestions for stuff to do in Birmingham before the show starts?

Astrates

Registered for Morpheus on the Saturday around midday so I can escape the busiest period.

Got my times with HTC for potentially trying Vive, just waiting on finding out if I have a slot. Can't wait to try both, I hope.

T-Rex.

Banned
Registered for Morpheus on the Saturday around midday so I can escape the busiest period.

Got my times with HTC for the Vive. Can't wait to try both.
I received an email from HTC asking me to confirm my interest in the "vive experience" but I haven't received anything since then. Do you have to do something else to pick a slot or will they email it?

Gonna be pissed if I've missed out on Vive and Morpheus :|

AHA-Lambda

I received an email from HTC asking me to confirm my interest in the "vive experience" but I haven't received anything since then. Do you have to do something else to pick a slot or will they email it?

That's what I've got, had to register interest but nothing since.

I've got my PSVR though.

Astrates

I have only got that far also. I should clarify I mean I have submitted my times of attendance to potentially use Vive. I'll edit post.

I had an on screen confirmation of my booking for PS VR but I haven't had a follow up email, I fear I have missed a crucial step.

I have only got that far also. I should clarify I mean I have submitted my times of attendance to potentially use Vive. I'll edit post.

I had an on screen confirmation of my booking for PS VR but I haven't had a follow up email, I fear I have missed a crucial step.

I think it's the same for everyone so I wouldn't worry. I presume there are many emails to send out so they are coming out piecemeal.

I registered for PSVR as soon as it went live. Got a "registration confirmed" email but nothing else. And now it's full? What the fuck?

AHA-Lambda

I registered for PSVR as soon as it went live. Got a "registration confirmed" email but nothing else. And now it's full? What the fuck?

Yeah, you had to register for an account on their site, then at 1pm today book into a time slot. It sounds like the slots filled up in minutes.

This is another example now of the shoddy state of this year's event, loads of people wanted to try Morpheus and it sounds like only a handful will; same goes for Vive.

I'm still waiting on my Vive email, I was lucky to get a Morpheus appointment but between the two I want to see Vive more.

Still waiting for an email, im pretty sure it said I had a session booked and to wait for the confirmation email. Be really disappointing if somethings went wrong

I just noticed this year's map of the show floor is available through the official EGX app, so if you're like me and want to plan your trip around the map; there you go.

Top Bottom