• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Judgment Disc demo out now on JPSN & JP Xbox Store

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Ok thanks for the info. I haven't played too long but I've been running around aimlessly and didn't come across much. I'll need to pay attention more for the full game.

The demo is tricky because there's stuff stripped out I think. I started to get a better idea of how the game generally plays after awhile though. Once a day you can talk to the diner owners to give you a bunch of points of interest on the map. These same people give you the hunts as well, even if there's only a few in the demo.

Ideally you'd do this I guess, head out and explore, do a hunt or quest then rest and repeat. However, with much of the quests left out (there are quite a few empty or blocked off areas) and very few hunts to do you're left just kind of wandering around aimlessly.

The one thing that bothered me the most though is that all loot, even unique weapons are just a glowing dot on the ground. There very easy to miss and it feels weird the game doesn't try and show any difference between a leaf for crafting and an important new weapon.

Nah
Sword(elemental one)
Magic
Magic
Magic lol

Actually..yea this determines whether it can be done anybody got the answer to this

From what I've read, it's universal, as in not only can Noctis not use multiple instances of magic in a row by switching, but the same cooldown applies to magic equipped on allies.

.JayZii

Banned
The spell said "instant death blizarra". Is the japanese name for the death spell "instant death" as well, or is this a crafting specific death effect? I wonder.

Still no word on magic other than elemental and death, right? Hopefully that kiddy version of meteor in the Platinum demo was a tease for something real and not just them being random. It's hard to say with that demo.

Bladenic

The demo is tricky because there's stuff stripped out I think. I started to get a better idea of how the game generally plays after awhile though. Once a day you can talk to the diner owners to give you a bunch of points of interest on the map. These same people give you the hunts as well, even if there's only a few in the demo.

Ideally you'd do this I guess, head out and explore, do a hunt or quest then rest and repeat. However, with much of the quests left out (there are quite a few empty or blocked off areas) and very few hunts to do you're left just kind of wandering around aimlessly.

The one thing that bothered me the most though is that all loot, even unique weapons are just a glowing dot on the ground. There very easy to miss and it feels weird the game doesn't try and show any difference between a leaf for crafting and an important new weapon.

Agreed about the loot. The important stuff is marked with a chest on the map, and I would've liked to see an actual chest in the world so it feels like you're finding something cool. Maybe there are chests in dungeons?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed about the loot. The important stuff is marked with a chest on the map, and I would've liked to see an actual chest in the world so it feels like you're finding something cool. Maybe there are chests in dungeons?

I've found the marked stuff to be a little random, for example I couldn't get the location of the bioblaster to show up on the map but a nearby accessory did. I didn't even realise I'd picked up the bioblaster at all. Of course I can't read the Japanese so but it does seem like picking up new weapons could be more rewarding. Someone who glitched into the sewer dungeon found a shield but we don't see them pick it up in the video so I'm not sure if it was just another blue light or not.

hmmm. I always lock on, so that would probably explain why I could do link strikes with such frequency :p

I don't use lock-on most of the time.

Still, having this information on hand is good, since there are times where you might want them to spread out and take out targets on their own and times where you want them to focus on taking out one target ASAP.

Got my PS4 Pro in today and sure enough the Pro version of the demo looks a good bit better. Excited for the December patch.

I need something to look forward to now that I stabbed my wallet.

Ishida

Banned
Is Yoko composing this ost alone? never knew she has a thing for funk . the ost just need to has 1 goofy ass song ala crazy chocobo for it to be goat tier imo

Yep. Yoko has a bigger range than most people give her credit for. Let's remember that she's the genius that composed the super iconic, action-y Street Fighter II soundtrack, or the catchy, whimsical Mario RPG soundtrack, or the dark, sinister Parasite Eve soundtrack.

Her "Kingdom Hearts" style is currently her most well-known, but she's an extraordinarily talented composer, capable of using several, very different styles!

Mailbox

Yep. Yoko has a bigger range than most people give her credit for. Let's remember that she's the genius that composed the super iconic, action-y Street Fighter II soundtrack, or the catchy, whimsical Mario RPG soundtrack, or the dark, sinister Parasite Eve soundtrack.

Her "Kingdom Hearts" style is currently her most well-known, but she's an extraordinarily talented composer, capable of using several, very different styles!

I mean, we know that there are others at least arranging or adding songs into the game. Like Yoshitaka Suzuki arranging the Nihilism base battle theme (do we know the official name or will it be Veiled in Black (arranged)? ) and Afrojack having Braver as a song on the radio.

We don't know the extent of this though, unless Falk would like to clue us in a lil :p

Falk

that puzzling face
Technically I'm clear to talk about anything that can be heard in the demo, but I don't want to get misquoted or start getting the wrong type of questions asked, heh.

The official OST preorder page says pretty much "Final Fantasy XV OST by Yoko Shimomura" but the amount of collaboration and contribution from others is significantly higher than past FF mainline entries, barring obvious 3-way splits like FFX.

Mailbox

Nobuo Uematsu composed a lot of tracks in this game.

That you hear on the radio.

That's like... a majority of the soundtrack. Yooo Uematsu made most of the soundtrack man... /s

Technically I'm clear to talk about anything that can be heard in the demo, but I don't want to get misquoted or start getting the wrong type of questions asked, heh.

The official OST preorder page says pretty much "Final Fantasy XV OST by Yoko Shimomura" but the amount of collaboration and contribution from others is significantly higher than past FF mainline entries, barring obvious 3-way splits like FFX.

Oh okay, good to know :)
Can't wait to hear some of the stuff you all made together :3

Falk

that puzzling face
If this is all true, thank god for Tabata and I really want to see that Eidos Montreal Final Fantasy game.

I don't know if this was known already, it was news to me.

'stuff i read on the internet, presented as fact, and everything must have had an impact on everything else regardless of how sporadic that information is'

edit: Not saying it's all wrong. Nothing is ever that binary. But that's still a *lot* of logical leaps.

If this is all true, thank god for Tabata and I really want to see that Eidos Montreal Final Fantasy game.

I don't know if this was known already, it was news to me.

I doubt it. Seems like he just researched a bunch of stuff that happened with Square-Enix and presents it as facts that tie into FFXV having an awful dev cycle. The part where he suggests that Nomura seriously pitches Versus XIII as a musical instead of a video game to the video game company is ludicrous. There's no doubt that Tabata was brought on to help reign things in but I find the people who honestly believe that Nomura is that crazy to be... well, crazy.

Hadn't heard of Project W though. Sounded interesting but I don't know if I'd be interested in a Western Developed mainline title.

'stuff i read on the internet, presented as fact, and everything must have had an impact on everything else regardless of how sporadic that information is'

edit: Not saying it's all wrong. Nothing is ever that binary. But that's still a *lot* of logical leaps.

I doubt it. Seems like he just researched a bunch of stuff that happened with Square-Enix and presents it as facts that tie into FFXV having an awful dev cycle. The part where he suggests that Nomura seriously pitches Versus XIII as a musical instead of a video game to the video game company is ludicrous. There's no doubt that Tabata was brought on to help reign things in but I find the people who honestly believe that Nomura is that crazy to be... well, crazy.

Hadn't heard of Project W though. Sounded interesting but I don't know if I'd be interested in a Western Developed mainline title.

That's why I included the "if", but it all defnitely sounded interesting to say the least.

sasuke_91

I wish I never sold my copy of the original Theatrythm :( I just assumed everything would make it into Curtain Call

Yep too bad a lot of tracks didn't make it into the sequel. I might have to buy the first one at some point^^

It's a great piece for sure, but I've heard it too many times at this point. :p

Haha same here. Now I'm listening to Valse di Fantastica non-stop until I hate that track by the time the game comes out.

artsi

Here's a timelapse I made of Galdin Quay. Damn this game is beautiful.

FeyabS5.gif

See how that one group of people come and go during the day, but that one guy just stands there lol.

Top Bottom