• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Judgment Disc demo out now on JPSN & JP Xbox Store

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Based on multiple statements in the press previews, Kingsglaive is kind of a must-watch in order to truly understand what's going on in the early hours of FFXV, which makes little effort to explain why the event which sets things in motion actually matters.

993Pk4O.gif

EiLbGcG.gif

KupoNut

Not exactly inspiring confidence =P

I'd suggest you watch the anime, it's short and gives a good intro to the main characters. I'd also suggest watching a recap of Kingsglaive to get what's going on, the game doesn't do much effort to introduce these things except for maybe some bits of banter.

Iron Giants seem to look much, much better up close than they do from distance. From further away the shine makes it look like a really bland texture covering them

Geg

Yeah even though I can read a lot of Japanese I just went through not dealing with most of the menus or skill tree stuff. The only things I bought were the additional FF music tracks for the car

Athreous

Anyone else having problems on ps4 where the control doesnt work at all in game? but the home menu does?

It's kind annoying right now >_<

Oh, and when it comes back to work, the upper digital is kind "stuck" so the assist menu doesnt turn off .-.

It works normal in the rest of the games...

wmlk

Is there anything even to collect in the open field?

Two weapons, I think a Fire effect Broadsword and a Bioblaster.

I haven't played the thing yet, though, so there may be more? The dungeons are blocked off and I'm sure they have stuff.

Soriku

Two weapons, I think a Fire effect Broadsword and a Bioblaster.

I haven't played the thing yet, though, so there may be more? The dungeons are blocked off and I'm sure they have stuff.

So basically no random loot to be found or something?

Mailbox

So basically no random loot to be found or something?

In total I think there are daggers, bio-blaster, and fire sword as weapon pick ups. There are also ingredients you can pick up (which you can use when mixing magic or cooking for ignis), minerals (i think. It has something to do with the car), some treasures (which can also be used for mixing, and selling) and accessories. you also seem to find consumables strewn about.

As for enemy drops, they will drop usable items like potions or they may drop ingredients (which, if you fight new enemies and get new meats and stuff, you can get new ingredients from ignis), but no gil.

Gil will have to be earned via hunts or selling stuff.

Soriku

Ok thanks for the info. I haven't played too long but I've been running around aimlessly and didn't come across much. I'll need to pay attention more for the full game.

Ok thanks for the info. I haven't played too long but I've been running around aimlessly and didn't come across much. I'll need to pay attention more for the full game.

There's definitely a good dozen or more items marked by treasure chests on the map (either when you get near, or by talking to shopkeepers), and then a bunch of random items you'll find inside buildings or other spots "of note", along with items found in areas marked with a corresponding icon.

I feel like (based only on this demo, of course) they did a good job in terms of having there be normal open-world style icons to check out and find useful things at while also having spots you're not likely to just come across unless you explore.

Top Bottom