• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Judgment Disc demo out now on JPSN & JP Xbox Store

bigol

Why would you be nervous ?

You already know this game is going to get trashed.

From the same reviewers that reviewed favorably FFXIII. Think about it.

That shouldn't take any enjoyment away from you.

FFXV is a game that is rather generous but demands the player to spend a lot of time to figure things out.

Just enjoy yourself man.

FFVIII is my favorite, everybody keeps trashing it, do you think this makes the game any worse for me ? FF games are always rather polarizing !

Honestly having a lot of fun with the demo despite being extremely limited because of the fact it's a demo, and with Square's will to keep patching this to improve the gameplay and technical aspects, it's all good.

edit :

And for the record I also love David Cage's games, so yeah, reviews... Unless a game is flat out broken and terrible, I have no reason to listen to them if I know what I'm getting.

It's not going to be trashed but certainly it won't be a high 90 game.

Nya

FFXV is a game that is rather generous but demands the player to spend a lot of time to figure things out.

Just enjoy yourself man.

FFVIII is my favorite, everybody keeps trashing it, do you think this makes the game any worse for me ? FF games are always rather polarizing !

Honestly having a lot of fun with the demo despite being extremely limited because of the fact it's a demo, and with Square's will to keep patching this to improve the gameplay and technical aspects, it's all good.

edit :

And for the record I also love David Cage's games, so yeah, reviews... Unless a game is flat out broken and terrible, I have no reason to listen to them if I know what I'm getting.

Its not that its going to ruin my enjoyment of the game, VIII too, is my second favorite game of the series, I played it knowing that every body hated it but that never affected my enjoyment of the game and how deep I fell in love with its combat. The thing is, I want XV to be critically successful, I know I will play and love it, but I also want it to be the turning point that FF franchise desperately needs. That's why I'm a bit nervous cause a lot is riding on this, I just hope it delivers.

I also want a lot of people to eat crow,
but that's a topic for another discussion xD

Geg

My two favorite games of this generation have metacritic scores of 81 (Splatoon) and 78 (The Wonderful 101), there's really no reason to assign huge importance on metacritic averages lol

My two favorite games of this generation have metacritic scores of 81 (Splatoon) and 78 (The Wonderful 101), there's really no reason to assign huge importance on metacritic averages lol

I agree.

The issue stems from our need for acceptance - to know that everyone likes what we like. If the reviews are incredibly positive, then some people think that means it will no doubt be a superb game.

Like what you like because you like it. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

Honestly if you're worried about reviews, or if it gets ripped apart or whatever-- I would say the best advice would be to just take a step away from the internet and just play it. After that, what happens, happens. The history surrounding this game, that it's a new mainline Final Fantasy, that everyone has their own opinions about what an FF game should be like, that it'll have some valid problems as many games do, and that people lose their fucking minds over even an 8 out of 10 and declare it a failure because it "took so long to make and this is the best they could do" will all collide into a yellow snowball.

The Conan segment alone lifted the curtain on how hysterical people are going to be over the game whether good or bad. It isn't worth the stress. My cards are on the table that it'll be a good game but with problems. Hopefully they don't come together to bring the overall experience down too much. I love FFXII, but the story took a massive nosedive and it didn't really have the great finale it deserved. I still put about 250 hours on it.

Sagely

Just enjoy yourself man.

edit :

You're absolutely right, but I get where they're coming from. I'm sensitive about it too, not because I'm scared of disliking the game or bad reviews but because...I want the game to succeed and make lots of people happy, I suppose. I know it's over sensitive.

P.S. FFVIII is my favourite too! Shortly followed by XII.

HardRojo

Game's already in the wild, at least here in Peru.
1x8krH3.jpg

Aters

Reviewers took a huge slap in the face by Splatoon. IGN even changed the score with whatever excuse they got.

Anyone in FFXIII is very good club with me? LOL

I am in FFVIII club too...might be my fav. My fav changes every week though and depends on which one I am playing at the moment.

But VIII's setting is GOAT...and the soundtrack combined with it has given me atmospheric feels like no game before or since.

I am in FFVIII club too...might be my fav. My fav changes every week though and depends on which one I am playing at the moment.

But VIII's setting is GOAT...and the soundtrack combined with it has given me atmospheric feels like no game before or since.
Viii is the greatest ff to bless this world

I like Xiii as well better than Xii at least

I like XIII, despite its problems.
I think XIII-2 is a very good game.
Lightning Returns was interesting, atmospheric as all fuck and had excellent combat.

The only problem I had with Lightning Returns were in the technical visuals and performance; it had stunning art direction but the texture work was pretty bad. If they remastered that game, polished up the textures and frame rate I think it would be pretty damn great.

I like XIII, despite its problems.
I think XIII-2 is a very good game.
Lightning Returns was interesting, atmospheric as all fuck and had excellent combat.

The only problem I had with Lightning Returns were in the technical visuals and performance; it had stunning art direction but the texture work was pretty bad. If they remastered that game, polished up the textures and frame rate I think it would be pretty damn great.
A Xiii collection would be awesome. If 12 can get a remaster Xiii should too

FFXIII is the game that put me into this series, I really enjoyed that game. Then I played all the others games, and now this is my favourite videogame series. So thank you, FFXIII lol

jett

D-Member
Yep, in the gray market. A friend sent me that picture, they're probably charging a bit more than usual. I think Mortal Kombat 9 also was here about two weeks before release.

Polvos gives no shits lol.

I just called a store.

They're selling it for $51.

I don't know how they do this.

HardRojo

Oh snap. Will you buy it?
Don't think so, I wanna try this one but I'm not a big FF fan tbh, some friends of mine are probably already running to the store to get it, I should avoid Facebook lol.
I just called a store.

They're selling it for $51.

I don't know how they do this.
Damn, that's regular price, surprised they ain't taking advantage considering how early they got it. It's tempting...

FFXIII is the game that put me into this series, I really enjoyed that game. Then I played all the others games, and now this is my favourite videogame series. So thank you, FFXIII lol

Same.

I got on the hype train for Versus and XIII in 2006 and then first got FFXII, then X, then VI, then VII, then IV, then VIII and so the journey began

So XIII brought me in before it even released (slightly different to you where you enjoyed the game and then tried the others I guess lol)

In the 3 years leading to its release I played through a lot of the past FF titles.

For me the 'dated' argument simply doesn't work with especially the PS1 FF's as I played em a full 10 years after their release and loved them. Of course now we are 20 years from their release so the situation is slightly different.

@pic of XV in the wild

OMGG I am willing to find this retailer and have them send it to me to the UK lol! So desperate to play it now!

artsi

Yep, in the gray market. A friend sent me that picture, they're probably charging a bit more than usual. I think Mortal Kombat 9 also was here about two weeks before release.

If you were able to get your hands on one (that you'd sell) PM me and I could make you a worthwhile offer for it.

jett

D-Member
If you were able to get your hands on one (that you'd sell) PM me and I could make you a worthwhile offer for it.

You know, unless you're willing to pay out of the wazoo for shipping by the time it gets to wherever you live the game will have released officially.

Top Bottom