• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Judgment Disc demo out now on JPSN & JP Xbox Store

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Are there any reviews or much more extended impressions? I only know of the 40 hour Edge preview.

Was the game considered good?

raven777

CxdGFexVQAATVUJ

New key visual

Gbraga

Why is there a stamina bar in the final game?

It's in the demo, too, only hidden by default. You spend stamina by sprinting or hanging in warp points.

EDIT: Yeah, you can turn individual elements off, like mini-map, stamina meter, on-screen buttons, parry prompts and stuff like that.

Auto-hide HUD is the default, and I don't think you can change it.

SoulUnison

Banned
It's in the demo, too, only hidden by default. You spend stamina by sprinting or hanging in warp points.

EDIT: Yeah, you can turn individual elements off, like mini-map, stamina meter, on-screen buttons, parry prompts and stuff like that.

Please tell me you can hide the giant middle-of-the-screen "BACK ATTACK!", "LINK STRIKE!" and "WARP STRIKE!" pop-ups.

They are aggressively annoying. Why they thought putting those dead center and tying them to actions that happen every couple seconds was a good idea is beyond me.

That's awesome, thanks!

Gbraga

Please tell me you can hide the giant middle-of-the-screen "BACK ATTACK!", "LINK STRIKE!" and "WARP STRIKE!" pop-ups.

They are aggressively annoying. Why they thought putting those dead center and tying them to actions that happen every couple seconds was a good idea is beyond me.

That I don't know, unfortunately. Maybe PsychoNinja can tell us.

That's awesome, thanks!

It is! I hope you can turn off the quest marker on screen as well, but I'm kinda getting used to the idea of having them. Shouldn't be as redundant as it looks in most videos at least, since I plan on turning the mini-map off.

SoulUnison

Banned
That I don't know, unfortunately. Maybe PsychoNinja can tell us.

Ugh. They're not even useful information.
The second you realize that back attacks do extra damage and greater distance = higher Warp Strike damage there's seriously no reason to have those pop-ups besides making things look more complicated than they actually are.

They're truly horrible.

What Falk said, and some of these players really don't care to use their companions and just try to play like it's a character action game. You can do a lot of stuff with the three other guys, especially considering they provide three unique abilities to your disposal.

https://twitter.com/PersonaRei/status/797283346363469824

From what I saw that's not even the problem, they seem unable to even evade the most simple attacks, so they are constantly on low HP, specially annoying seeing many of these bosses have huge AoE attacks.

Falk

that puzzling face
Technically you could i-frame stuff with the shoulder button special move commands, etc, but yeah. Feels like the fights are designed in a way they're expected to tank damage rather than avoid most of it.

Which goes back to dropping like flies when you're underlevelled and actually unable to tank damage.

Do we know if it's possible to grind in this game ? I love grinding to become more powerful.
For example I didn't like the system in XIII where I had to slog through 9 chapters to get to Pulse and start grinding.

I haven't played any demos besides platinum nor have I watched any extensive gameplay so I don't know how talent trees work in this game.

I would appreciate If someone could answer this question.

Do we know if it's possible to grind in this game ? I love grinding to become more powerful.
For example I didn't like the system in XIII where I had to slog through 9 chapters to get to Pulse and start grinding.

I haven't played any demos besides platinum nor have I watched any extensive gameplay so I don't know how talent trees work in this game.

I would appreciate If someone could answer this question.

I'm not sure if the bigger enemies respawn, but the mobs do. You'd presumably have to be more active in grinding, since you'd have to search for the enemies to fight.

Hope the enemy placements aren't random, would be cool to find an enemy that is too powerful for you, make a note of it, and come back when you're strong enough for it. Don't think there's a function for making notes on the map in-game, so I might make a file on MS Paint for that purpose

edit: any good English-speaking Let's Plays of the Judgement demo?

How can adjust these settings, is there a full translation guide that also includes sub menus.

Technically you could i-frame stuff with the shoulder button special move commands, etc, but yeah. Feels like the fights are designed in a way they're expected to tank damage rather than avoid most of it.

Which goes back to dropping like flies when you're underlevelled and actually unable to tank damage.

I notice this as well, and I think your theory lines up well with boss monsters having a variety of nearly unavoidable AoE attacks. Personally I feel that it makes some encounters needlessly frustrating, particularly since the game doesn't make it clear what you're supposed to do about these attacks.

Fou-Lu

I notice this as well, and I think your theory lines up well with boss monsters having a variety of nearly unavoidable AoE attacks. Personally I feel that it makes some encounters needlessly frustrating, particularly since the game doesn't make it clear what you're supposed to do about these attacks.

Do said boss monsters signal such an attack so you can defend? That's a pretty traditional FF strategy, knowing a big attack is coming and having to defend with your entire party before it hits.

Do said boss monsters signal such an attack so you can defend? That's a pretty traditional FF strategy, knowing a big attack is coming and having to defend with your entire party before it hits.

To an extent, but many of them unleash the attack quite quickly (like the bandersnatch roaring) or have very subtle animations for the attack beginning. Likewise, while you may be able to warp out if you're fast or lucky, the rest of your party has little to no way to cope with such things.

Sylas

To an extent, but many of them unleash the attack quite quickly (like the bandersnatch roaring) or have very subtle animations for the attack beginning. Likewise, while you may be able to warp out if you're fast or lucky, the rest of your party has little to no way to cope with such things.

I think Ignis and Gladio have ways to help with big AoE attacks. Could be wrong but I remember seeing that Ignis has a group up + heal and Gladio has a shield ability. It'd encourage you to keep track of your link attack bar.

Falk

that puzzling face
Likewise, while you may be able to warp out if you're fast or lucky, the rest of your party has little to no way to cope with such things.

To add a little more to that, I'm definitely noticing that Gladio takes the most punches to the face, while Prompto takes the least. Ignis hovers pretty close to Noctis, so it depends on your playstyle.

Gbraga

I think Ignis and Gladio have ways to help with big AoE attacks. Could be wrong but I remember seeing that Ignis has a group up + heal and Gladio has a shield ability. It'd encourage you to keep track of your link attack bar.

The group up ability is so cool. Some BACKSTREET'S BACK shit. And then you follow that up with some high level magic, hgggnnnnn.

Sagely

Oh man their expressions are PERFECT in that tent picture. Lawl

The tracks ripped from the Judgment Demo are amazing...I can't wait for the audiovisual experience of this game. Haven't played any of the demos myself, just watched a lot of videos.

I'm a little bit anxious about the embargo being the day before release. Not because it's "late" (it still allows time to pre-order and hopefully this means reviewers will have plenty of time with the game, assuming they receive their copies soon), but because, well...the day before release it's going to be a lot to take in. I already feel fragile, silly I know. The wanton negativity is so draining.

Gbraga

Ok, I need to say this: If the japanese version doesn't have Prompto singing the chocobo song, the dub is objectively superior.

To add a little more to that, I'm definitely noticing that Gladio takes the most punches to the face, while Prompto takes the least. Ignis hovers pretty close to Noctis, so it depends on your playstyle.

My poor Ignis was consistently the guy going down first. :( I guess I go too hard. I noticed Prompto seemed to keep himself out of trouble with awesome consistency though like you mention, and Glad was too beefy to buckle for fair fights.

Top Bottom