• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Judgment Disc demo out now on JPSN & JP Xbox Store

Ochibi

Quick editing. I want it.

Rfll2Zq.jpg

Neat

Oh man their expressions are PERFECT in that tent picture. Lawl

The tracks ripped from the Judgment Demo are amazing...I can't wait for the audiovisual experience of this game. Haven't played any of the demos myself, just watched a lot of videos.

I'm a little bit anxious about the embargo being the day before release. Not because it's "late" (it still allows time to pre-order and hopefully this means reviewers will have plenty of time with the game, assuming they receive their copies soon), but because, well...the day before release it's going to be a lot to take in. I already feel fragile, silly I know. The wanton negativity is so draining.

Just enjoy, forget the reviews.

Gbraga

I need to pre-order the PSN version already, so I have no choice but to wait.

Getting it before it comes out is tempting, but I don't want to play without the day one patch :C

My poor Ignis was consistently the guy going down first. :( I guess I go too hard. I noticed Prompto seemed to keep himself out of trouble with awesome consistency though like you mention, and Glad was too beefy to buckle for fair fights.

I find this is really only an issue when tackling tough enemies.

Like the Bandersnatch for instance.

It doesn't matter if you have a 98% dodge success rate because that 2% of the time you get hit is going to send you straight to DANGER state or close to it.

I've watched my party fight normal enemies and they dodge enemy attacks at a pretty good frequency, but there the enemies aren't going to knock them straight to almost death in one hit like the Bandersnatch.

So against these tough enemies a single mistake is significantly more costly and will require more careful monitoring of HP. That and going for things like CRUSH damage on the legs to knock large enemies down in order to give your party time where they can unleash their strong Deathblow/Fatal Strike attacks with impunity.

Mifec

I wouldn't mind some spoilers to leak...yeah I'm that guy.

Same, I don't mind spoilers.

If you find yourself to be the kind of person who simply can't enjoy a piece of media once it's been spoiled, maybe you should take a moment to evaluate what you're actually to get out of any particular piece of media before going into it. If you're simply there for "the twist" or some shocking turn of events, maybe take a moment to understand that a bit more goes into good storytelling than simply setting up an unexpected chain of events?

TheChamp

Only thing i would have changed is the rest of the bros instead of the soldiers.

We have to mass tweet SE, this has to be the box art all across the world.

Shame there can't be a big enough version to photocopy the cover when it comes, place this on top and print out on high quality photo paper

wmlk

CxdGFexVQAATVUJ

New key visual

This is so spectacular. I really want this bright, idyllic art style with kinda realistic character designs like in FFXV. While Altissia currently is great, it isn't as bright or as vibrant since it's trying to emulate realism.

Same, I don't mind spoilers.

If you find yourself to be the kind of person who simply can't enjoy a piece of media once it's been spoiled, maybe you should take a moment to evaluate what you're actually to get out of any particular piece of media before going into it. If you're simply there for "the twist" or some shocking turn of events, maybe take a moment to understand that a bit more goes into good storytelling than simply setting up an unexpected chain of events?

It reeks of hubris to tell other people how they should enjoy the media they consume.

If you like spoilers, go read them. People who don't want to read spoilers won't.

AdanVC

Shit, I want to buy a PS4 Slim just to play this game but I'm too broke at the moment. I'm thinking on buying a PS4 bundled with Uncharted 4, get FFXV and then sell the whole thing once I finish the game because I honestly don't have interest in any other PS4 game, heck I don't even think I will touch Uncharted 4! The only game I have interest is The Last Guardian but I simply don't have enough money to get all of that so will have to stick with just FFXV. But still unsure if the game will be worth it to do all of this :(

Gbraga

Shit, I want to buy a PS4 Slim just to play this game but I'm too broke at the moment. I'm thinking on buying a PS4 bundled with Uncharted 4, get FFXV and then sell the whole thing once I finish the game because I honestly don't have interest in any other PS4 game, heck I don't even think I will touch Uncharted 4! The only game I have interest is The Last Guardian but I simply don't have enough money to get all of that so will have to stick with just FFXV. But still unsure if the game will be worth it to do all of this :(

Can't you borrow a PS4 from some friend or something?

akumu

It reeks of hubris to tell other people how they should enjoy the media they consume.

If you like spoilers, go read them. People who don't want to read spoilers won't.

I agree.

I feel it's more a matter of personal preference, wanting to experience the game without any knowledge of what will happen. Even though the "twists" might be predictable, some simply prefer to experience the first-hand, rather than through someone else's re-telling. :p

Sagely

I usually like to know details about the systems, characters, art direction, music, and things that can help me get a handle on the overall package. I try to avoid plot details barring the overall premise (ie what you might read on the back of the box) and for this one I've avoided playing any demos because I want the feel of playing it to be absolutely brand new.

Rarely ever do I go in blind unless it's part of a well-established series that I love, like this year's Ace Attorney game for instance. But everyone's got an approach that suits them!

AdanVC

Can't you borrow a PS4 from some friend or something?

No :( I don't know anybody close to me with a PS4 nor an X1. Bleh, guess I will just wait till reviews drop to decide. Good thing is that I will have no problems on selling the console later on since it's pretty popular here. It's in moments like this where it sucks to be a Wii U only owner.

Slaythe

Ok, I want this as my box art, its so beautiful :(

Edit: Holy shit guys I just realized we have 12 days to go, I am suddenly nervous about the 28th now because of the reviews.

Why would you be nervous ?

You already know this game is going to get trashed.

From the same reviewers that reviewed favorably FFXIII. Think about it.

That shouldn't take any enjoyment away from you.

FFXV is a game that is rather generous but demands the player to spend a lot of time to figure things out.

Just enjoy yourself man.

FFVIII is my favorite, everybody keeps trashing it, do you think this makes the game any worse for me ? FF games are always rather polarizing !

Honestly having a lot of fun with the demo despite being extremely limited because of the fact it's a demo, and with Square's will to keep patching this to improve the gameplay and technical aspects, it's all good.

edit :

And for the record I also love David Cage's games, so yeah, reviews... Unless a game is flat out broken and terrible, I have no reason to listen to them if I know what I'm getting.

I usually like to know details about the systems, characters, art direction, music, and things that can help me get a handle on the overall package. I try to avoid plot details barring the overall premise (ie what you might read on the back of the box) and for this one I've avoided playing any demos because I want the feel of playing it to be absolutely brand new.

Rarely ever do I go in blind unless it's part of a well-established series that I love, like this year's Ace Attorney game for instance. But everyone's got an approach that suits them!

I usually look up basic information and play a demo if there is one and I feel like playing it.

Sometimes I play games because I read spoilers and I become interested in how it plays out in the game so I bought it.

In other cases I want to go in fairly blind story wise.

To be clear, no one is doing anything wrong by wanting to discover things on their own as they play the game, to figure things out based on what they see to see if their predictions come true.

Maybe you value discovery, maybe you don't. In the end, don't tell other people to change their own preference to make you happy because they are not playing the game for your enjoyment, but for theirs.

Why would you be nervous ?

You already know this game is going to get trashed.

From the same reviewers that reviewed favorably FFXIII. Think about it.

That shouldn't take any enjoyment away from you.

FFXV is a game that is rather generous but demands the player to spend a lot of time to figure things out.

Just enjoy yourself man.

FFVIII is my favorite, everybody keeps trashing it, do you think this makes the game any worse for me ? FF games are always rather polarizing !

Honestly having a lot of fun with the demo despite being extremely limited because of the fact it's a demo, and with Square's will to keep patching this to improve the gameplay and technical aspects, it's all good.

edit :

And for the record I also love David Cage's games, so yeah, reviews... Unless a game is flat out broken and terrible, I have no reason to listen to them if I know what I'm getting.

Honestly, by this point, I'm pretty sure I'm going to love the first half, if it's indeed in the same style of JD but expanded.

I'm pretty nervous about the second half though. Edge said that it's very different, with sections that feel like they're from a different game whatsoever. I don't mind linearity if it's done well, I hope it's done well.

Top Bottom