• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Omen Trailer

The Omen isn't a dream but more like a future that Noctis is destined to happen. However, it seems like Regis doesn't want it to happen and so he kicks off the events of the game. This is presumably why the bros come with us, in order to make the Omen not happen.

So I think this trailer shows us the extreme end of what would happen to Noctis. The game will probably have Noctis struggling internally and maybe falling to this side but will probably be saved by the bros

That's what I think anyways

Déjà vu? lol

spekkeh

Banned
anigif_enhanced-buzz-31010-1377627010-8_preview.gif

Used to really love Final Fantasy but have been utterly disinterested since 12.

This trailer done some work towards fixing that but probably not enough for me. Still it's an amazing trailer I've still watched it 10 times over already.

sappyday is a robot confirmed.

Hahaha. He posted the exact same thing even with my pre-edit post quoted.

Seriously though, I think he probably just had the reply open in a different window and hit sent again without remembering that he has done it before. But still it's quite funny :)

Koozek

So...the last FF game i played was FF8...you know like squall...

This is my first trailer of the game and i saw 5 minutes of the gameplay video..IM SO LOST, what is the story here and do i need to know any background info before buying this?
You don't need to watch the movie (Kingsglaive), but it enhances your understanding of the events that kick off the game a bit.

There's also the Anime mini-series (Brotherhood), that fleshes out the childhood and youth of the 4 main characters. It's mostly about the small human moments between them. It's nice and short, so if you're interested, why not. It's for free on the official Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbhHt7tfNMCAKp5X5y1UMg6er-xFUyB3J

If you don't want to watch anything you could just check out this story summary video from Eurogamer from a few days ago (it spoils the movie and anime):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgTt4kV8BZY

Oh, and if you're interested in the game, read some of the recent previews:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1296477

mikeyvids

Neo Member
Haven't really played a FF since 7. Is this story standalone or is it winking / carrying character or story elements from other FF games?

Koozek

Haven't really played a FF since 7. Is this story standalone or is it winking / carrying character or story elements from other FF games?
FFs are always standalone. There are only some traditional, recurring tropes (mostly superficial stuff like character/item/spell/summon names or monster designs etc.). Only exception is FFXII that shares the same universe as FF Tactics, but the stories are still completely independent.

Check out the recent preview articles with long gameplay video if you're interested:

EDIT:
Oh, and FFVII and FFX apparently are in the same universe too according to the writer of both, though it's more like an "easter egg" kind of connection.

mikeyvids

Neo Member
FFs are always standalone. There are only some traditional, recurring tropes (mostly superficial stuff like character/item/spell/summon names or monster designs etc.). Only exception is FFXII that shares the same universe as FF Tactics, but the stories are still completely independent.

Check out the recent preview articles with long gameplay video if you're interested:

Thanks for the reply.

Loved tactics had no idea XII was in the same universe!

OrionX

I think it's pretty clear that it *is* the crystal talking.

Well, the way the camera panned over to it did make it seem that way. If it is that's one mean-ass crystal. Maybe it's all bitter cuz it's the last one left. It deserves to get broken, even if it does start the apocalypse. :p

sappyday

Hahaha. He posted the exact same thing even with my pre-edit post quoted.

Seriously though, I think he probably just had the reply open in a different window and hit sent again without remembering that he has done it before. But still it's quite funny :)
Yea that's exactly what happened lol

But to answer your post that quoted mine, I think it's the crystal that Regis is talking to. I think it's a chaos crystal and wants Noctis as the host. Ardyn is probably a servant. not sure if the crystal is primarily connected to the astral and the gods or the Lucian kings. If you watch the Dawn trailer after the Omen trailer it makes a whole lot more sense now

Well, the way the camera panned over to it did make it seem that way. If it is that's one mean-ass crystal. Maybe it's all bitter cuz it's the last one left. It deserves to get broken, even if it does start the apocalypse. :p
Yea that's exactly what happened lol

But to answer your post that quoted mine, I think it's the crystal that Regis is talking to. I think it's a chaos crystal and wants Noctis as the host. Ardyn is probably a servant. not sure if the crystal is primarily connected to the astral and the gods or the Lucian kings. If you watch the Dawn trailer after the Omen trailer it makes a whole lot more sense now
Hahaha. I've made the same mistake before so I know how it feels lol

But yeah. After reading your posts and watching the trailer again it does seem like he is talking to crystal. This might be even more interesting than the voice being from one of the old kings. If the last crystal itself is of evil nature then how are they supposed to fight it.

Also, speaking of dawn trailer. Do you guys have a link for the full version? I think I only saw that teaser which was pretty disappointing to say the least.

Tyaren

I think it's pretty clear that it *is* the crystal talking.

I have the feeling one of the former Lucian kings might have made some unholy, Faustian deal with some evil being (maybe the crystal itself) for unimaginable power of his bloodline and all the other kings, including Noctis as the last one, have to pay up for that. Them worshipping death and darkness, them being literally named after Lucifer and them being called cursed is imo a dead giveaway. It sounds to me as if Regis however tries to defy this contract/this evil being to protect Noctis, even above the wellbeing of his whole country, and therefore shit is now hitting the fan.

I have the feeling one of the former Lucian kings might have made some unholy, Faustian deal with some evil being (maybe the crystal itself) for unimaginable power of his bloodline and all the other kings, including Noctis as the last one, have to pay up for that. Them worshipping death and darkness, them being literally named after Lucifer and them being called cursed is imo a dead giveaway. It sounds to me as if Regis however tries to defy this contract/this evil being to protect Noctis, even above the wellbeing of his whole country, and therefore shit is now hitting the fan.
That actually makes a lot of sense.

OrionX

Damn, I like the way you think. All this time I assumed the crystal had "blessed" the Lucis line with their powers, but that sounds much more plausible. Now I feel dumb for not putting that together. lol

This supports my theory that
Noctis IS Bahamut incarnate. Or his bloodline has ties to him. Based on that human form image of him sharing a similar hairstyle to Noctis. I was hoping it was Diabolos to be honest which would fit even more with what you're saying but people have stated it's Bahamut.

RPGCrazied

Very cool trailer. Have no idea whats going on in it, but still cool nonetheless.

I wonder if any of those scenes are in the game.

Have they said if the main game would have CG cutscenes? Wouldn't be an FF game without those.

sappyday

Very cool trailer. Have no idea whats going on in it, but still cool nonetheless.

I wonder if any of those scenes are in the game.

Have they said if the main game would have CG cutscenes? Wouldn't be an FF game without those.
The opening has one but besides that we don't know. Chances there aren't as many as the previous entries simply because you can change Noctis' outfit. But there will probably be more.

Reading through earlier pages of this thread I came across this post:
Luna's
mom dies in front of her own eyes
and she is held hostage for the rest of her entire life.
Luna gets abused as a teen.
Luna gets used as a trophy and method to invade a country.
Luna gets slapped multiple times.
Luna is held at gunpoint.
Luna is getting her ass beaten by the protagonist in visions.
Luna gets impaled in visions.

Suddenly I understand her "I do not fear death!" nonsense, I would have thrown myself under a Niflheim train if I was her. Girl can't catch a break, and she still remains serene and calm. Stronger final fantasy character confirmed.
WHAT?!

Final fantasy peasant put together the same theory.
Based on the cosmos book and the name of the following character he believes that
Ardyn (aka Nadir)is the character on the cosmos book making a pact with the first Lucis king with Gentiana in the background. He also believes that the magic Noctis's family uses is chaos based and that the game is connected to FF1 based off of the art of ifirit on his throne matching up exactly to the ifirit in the 10 year time skip beginning of FFXV

Kingsglaive stuff:
He also believes that Nyx will be reborn as ifirit as payment for his power rather than legitimately being dead

I dunno if this has already been said (it probably has), but I interpreted the Magitek soldiers acting as civilians to be symbolic of Noct's inherent anti-social tendencies; that in his reckless pursuit on his own to save Luna he would see the world as his enemy and turn it against him.

Luna's
mom dies in front of her own eyes
and she is held hostage for the rest of her entire life.
Luna gets abused as a teen.
Luna gets used as a trophy and method to invade a country.
Luna gets slapped multiple times.
Luna is held at gunpoint.
Luna is getting her ass beaten by the protagonist in visions.
Luna gets impaled in visions.

Suddenly I understand her "I do not fear death!" nonsense, I would have thrown myself under a Niflheim train if I was her. Girl can't catch a break, and she still remains serene and calm. Stronger final fantasy character confirmed.

Poor Luna.

If alot of this was just in marketing, I could imagine what a 40hour plus game will show.

I would recommend watching Kingsglaive movie
(it was pretty good btw)
and the anime series called Brotherhood (some amazing backgrounds on main cast).

The movie literally finishes where the game starts.

Just finished Kingsglaive, it was good but I don't understand where the game takes place in relation to the movie....

Just finished Kingsglaive, it was good but I don't understand where the game takes place in relation to the movie....
It happens mostly before the events of the game, with some stuff taking place not long after presumably. Noctis has already left the kingdom by the time of most of the movie.

Glad you liked it.

Killer Queen already explained when the movie takes place. I just wanna add that the last scene (after credits) where the car brakes is where the game picks up in chapter 1, if I'm not mistaken.

Now go watch the Brotherhood anime :)

sappyday

Some of it is before and during the game. The day of the treaty signing (when all shit breaks loose) is happening in conjunction with chapter 1 of the game.

Top Bottom