• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2014 |OT| Now with tiers! Still with tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this abundance of WRs I don't know what to do with now that the trade deadline has come and gone (not that it mattered anyways). I have Dez, Roddy, K.Benjamin, Watkins, Beckham Jr., and Jordan Matthews (and Sanu to a lesser extent). I like my team but I actually have to actively make difficult decisions going forward. It'll be interesting down the stretch. It'd also be great if Cutler didn't implode.

Premiere standings after this week.

Gaming
Chip's Ahoy 7-4
Ayahuasca Shamans 7-4
BT's Skullcrackers 7-4
Straw Hat Pirates 6-5
Putin Karate Chop 3-8
Corporate Peezy LLC 2-9

Off-Topic
The GRONK 8-3
Beats by Ray 7-4
Mo Honey Mo Problems 6-5
FrankGoreWaifuPillow 5-6
Chip United 4-7
50 shades of Forte 4-7

5 points separate Straw Hat and Mo Honey for the last spot. Both could implode the final 2 weeks and let FGWP or even Chip or 50 to snatch the last playoff spot...although that is highly unlikely.

If I win out(Chip's Ahoy, Peezy) I win the division(better division record than anyone I'd be tied with which could only be BT under that scenario) and obtain the bye.

Getting Forte from Peezy made my season while sunk his. Lost like my 4th string RB at the time(F. Jackson) who went down anyways and Julio Jones who has been less than impressive since the trade.

Vyer

If I hadn't have moved on Rudolph too early and if Washington was even somewhat competent my total would be even better and I wouldn't have been sweating that Patriots game so much. >:[

Still though, 5 in a row. good time to have a good run.

Also, Sanders getting hurt might be a problem. :(

I've lost to the two worst teams in the league now. I give up.

I'm surprised you went with Wallace instead of Benjamin against ATL considering how they've both been producing recently.

Omega

Banned
Premiere standings after this week.

Gaming
Chip's Ahoy 7-4
Ayahuasca Shamans 7-4
BT's Skullcrackers 7-4
Straw Hat Pirates 6-5
Putin Karate Chop 3-8
Corporate Peezy LLC 2-9

Off-Topic
The GRONK 8-3
Beats by Ray 7-4
Mo Honey Mo Problems 6-5
FrankGoreWaifuPillow 5-6
Chip United 4-7
50 shades of Forte 4-7

5 points separate Straw Hat and Mo Honey for the last spot. Both could implode the final 2 weeks and let FGWP or even Chip or 50 to snatch the last playoff spot...although that is highly unlikely.

If I win out(Chip's Ahoy, Peezy) I win the division(better division record than anyone I'd be tied with which could only be BT under that scenario) and obtain the bye.

Getting Forte from Peezy made my season while sunk his. Lost like my 4th string RB at the time(F. Jackson) who went down anyways and Julio Jones who has been less than impressive since the trade.

the best news about all of this is that im still GJLP even though i made god awful trades.

Demaryius Thomas 155.9 points since the trade
Giovanni Bernard 46.2

while i wasn't expecting him to put up anywhere near Thomas, i wasn't expecting 100 points less.

im not touching my roster next year. i don't care if my starters die

the best news about all of this is that im still GJLP even though i made god awful trades.

Demaryius Thomas 155.9 points since the trade
Giovanni Bernard 46.2

while i wasn't expecting him to put up anywhere near Thomas, i wasn't expecting 100 points less.

im not touching my roster next year. i don't care if my starters die

Rofl thanks for the trade
As for almost making playoffs, I'm just happy I'm not getting relegated plus I wasn't technically supposed to be in prem anyway hahaha

ccbfan

GL3 is going to be tight the next two weeks.

This week is pretty much set.

4 playoff spots are basically taken. (dammitmattt lives!!!, Kelika Beasts, Blahoholics, Turd Blossoms)

Doof United, Toronto Maple Leafs, ccbfan Team of ?? basically fight for 2 spots.

Doof United (6-5) - Most likely to make playoffs because of point lead over other 2. Win 1 and they're basically in. Toughest Schedule.

Toronto Maple Leafs (6-5) - Huge point deficit against both. Need CCBFan to lose 1 or Doof lose both.

ccbfan Team of ?? (5-6) - With a final week matchup against Toronto, win both and they''re in. Also in if Toronto lose both.

Looking back at the original post, it does say that H2H records are a factor...hence why I asked the question the other day. So...that might complicate my quest for the bye. I lost to BT(by less than a point)...so if we're tied...I'm done for under than scenario even though I have the better division record should I win out...the Yahoo league settings.

So GAF, I ask again, which playoff settings are we using...the Yahoo one or the h2h stuff?

Looking back at the original post, it does say that H2H records are a factor...hence why I asked the question the other day. So...that might complicate my quest for the bye. I lost to BT(by less than a point)...so if we're tied...I'm done for under than scenario even though I have the better division record should I win out...the Yahoo league settings.

So GAF, I ask again, which playoff settings are we using...the Yahoo one or the h2h stuff?
Yahoo. I posted it a page or so ago, but it's basically Division record is the main tie-breaker for the Division leaders, and Points For is the main tie-breaker for everyone else. Just like the DEF stats, there isn't a way to change it

If it was between you and BT for the Division leader, you'd (currently) be the winner due to your better Division record. The H2H record is essentially a non-factor. Hell, I think they use Total points from the week before as a tie-breaker before H2H record, but I'm posting on my phone so I can't check

Yahoo. I posted it a page or so ago, but it's basically Division record is the main tie-breaker for the Division leaders, and Points For is the main tie-breaker for everyone else. Just like the DEF stats, there isn't a way to change it

If it was between you and BT for the Division leader, you'd (currently) be the winner due to your better Division record. The H2H record is essentially a non-factor. Hell, I think they use Total points from the week before as a tie-breaker before H2H record, but I'm posting on my phone so I can't check

Okay thanks for clarifying again. I was confused by the original post mentioning something different. The way you're doing it benefits me better so of course I approve. =)

GL3 is going to be tight the next two weeks.

This week is pretty much set.

4 playoff spots are basically taken. (dammitmattt lives!!!, Kelika Beasts, Blahoholics, Turd Blossoms)

Doof United, Toronto Maple Leafs, ccbfan Team of ?? basically fight for 2 spots.

Doof United (6-5) - Most likely to make playoffs because of point lead over other 2. Win 1 and they're basically in. Toughest Schedule.

Toronto Maple Leafs (6-5) - Huge point deficit against both. Need CCBFan to lose 1 or Doof lose both.

ccbfan Team of ?? (5-6) - With a final week matchup against Toronto, win both and they''re in. Also in if Toronto lose both.

I like the fact that ShinRPGamer, at 2-8, is holding so many chips to first round byes and overall seeding. If he gets 17 points tonight it'll send dammitmattt from 1st to 2nd in the division (1st to 3rd overall), puts Kelika in 1st in the divison (2nd overall) and moves Blahoholics up to 1st from 3rd overall (the difference between a guarantee promotion or playing 1st round). Then he plays Kelika to end the season, so he could even play double spoiler as Shin ends the season strong.

It really shows the importance of actively finishing even if you're out of it.

Omega

Banned
If Giovanni Bernard can't play this week healthy then I'm just gonna say it now, GG Shamans. I'm projected to lose and he doesn't even have a defense starting. They're also projecting Wayne for 9 points against Jags. jenniferlawrence.gif

If Giovanni Bernard can't play this week healthy then I'm just gonna say it now, GG Shamans. I'm projected to lose and he doesn't even have a defense starting. They're also projecting Wayne for 9 points against Jags. jenniferlawrence.gif

You're only projected to lose by 3 points, or around 10 when he gets a DEF. I've seen people win way worse odds (hell a few weeks ago I thought I was going to win against a team that didn't even have a TE, K, or DEF going into the Sunday morning games. Ended up getting BTFO). If I were you, I'd be hoping that TB blows out CHI though, since Erasure owns half of the startable Bears players

Okay thanks for clarifying again. I was confused by the original post mentioning something different. The way you're doing it benefits me better so of course I approve. =)

No problem! It's definitely a bit different, though, mainly because I'm so used to ESPN

Speaking of which, which website does everyone prefer for Fantasy Football now, now that we have a season of experience on both ESPN and Yahoo? And is anyone against trying an auction draft next year?

DarkFlow

Banned
If I hadn't have moved on Rudolph too early and if Washington was even somewhat competent my total would be even better and I wouldn't have been sweating that Patriots game so much. >:[

Still though, 5 in a row. good time to have a good run.

Also, Sanders getting hurt might be a problem. :(

I'm surprised you went with Wallace instead of Benjamin against ATL considering how they've both been producing recently.

I was hoping for Thursday night blow out magic. Meh, doesn't matter, most of my team shit the bed anyway.

My opponent scored 163 points.... It was a murder BEFORE Bell went off: today was just ensuring that any chances of me coming back were taken to the back and put down. I hope to hell I don't play him in the playoffs!

The NFL has suspended Adrian Peterson without pay for at least the remainder of this season.
Roger Goodell does not see the nine games Peterson was forced to spend on Commissioner-Exempt list (with pay) as "time served." They are now trying to keep AP off the field via the Personal Conduct policy after he plead "no contest" to misdemeanor assault charges stemming from a discipline incident with his son. Peterson's lawyers and the NFLPA are appealing the suspension right away, but the NFL has really dug its heels in here. Stashers should just sit tight for a few more days as the dust settles even though it's looking bleaker than ever that he'll play this year.
WELP

It's pretty shitty to leave Demarco Murray and Josh Gordon on your bench just because you're out of the playoff race. It sucks being out but it's not cool to just give up games when your opponents are playing for playoff and promotion spots.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
It's pretty shitty to leave Demarco Murray and Josh Gordon on your bench just because you're out of the playoff race. Have integrity or don't play. It sucks being out but it's not cool to just give up games when your opponents are playing for playoff and promotion spots.

I have a linear algebra exam on Monday, a Calculus 2 exam on Tuesday, a Java programming project due tomorrow night and 10 different math homeworks to finish by tomorrow. With a C++ programming project assigned to me last night.

I have been on top of my team this entire season except for this week. It has nothing to do with me being out. I lost track of time. In my other league, which I am still part of the playoff race, I left Foster in. Shit happens.

I have a linear algebra exam on Monday, a Calculus 2 exam on Tuesday, a Java programming project due tomorrow night and 10 different math homeworks to finish by tomorrow. With a C++ programming project assigned to me last night.

I have been on top of my team this entire season except for this week. It has nothing to do with me being out. I lost track of time. In my other league, which I am still part of the playoff race, I left Foster in. Shit happens.

I was overly hostile. I'm sorry. It is annoying though but I understand.

Man, it's not looking good against yet another borderline AFK team. I think I'm winless in the last 2 years against anyone I think isn't playing

Omega

Banned
Based demaryius and cj saving my ass. Down 95-124 and I still have ODB and Dez vs a kicker...PLS LIL B

you're welcome

thank god the bears suck. As long as Fred Jackson plays this should be a W. Bills are going against the damn Jets, and they've gotten at least 9ppg against every team except Chargers and Patriots. Knowing my luck, Rashad Jennings breaks Peterson single game rushing record

Projected to lose by 20 points...goodbye bye. Still probably going to make the playoffs as I have a wide margin point lead on Straw Hat and Mo Honey. But if FrankGoreWaifu gets the win this week he's back in consideration and could bump me down to 6th place instead of 5th place.

If Mo Honey wins this week though and FGWP wins...well then if I lose next week and FGWP and Mo Honey both win...then I'm out as I'll be trailing FGWP by 30 points going into the week....oh but look at that...FGWP and Mo Honey play each other next week...so only one can win.

So, yeah, looks like I'm in the playoffs win or lose next week barring some miraculous Straw Hat(Mark Ingram, Dan Bailey) comeback this week...projected to lose by 13 points.

ccbfan

GL3 playoffs starts early.

ccbfan Team of ?? vs Toronto Maple Leafs. This is probably a play-in game, winner continues and loser goes home.

There's a very low possibility for other chaos but unrealistic.

Doof United is basically in. The only way they can be out is if he lose and Aldon's Airlines wins and outscores Doof United by about 95 points.

Aldon's Airlines needs both 6-6 teams to lose and out score the other 2/3 teams by 63 to 95 points.

Premier league is still fairly close. There are 5 teams that are fighting for 3 spots:
  • Beats by Ray (7-5, 1283 PF)
  • Ayahuasca Shamans (7-5, 1220 PF)
  • FrankGoreWaifuPillow (6-6, 1280 PF)
  • Mo Money Mo Problems (6-6, 1180 PF)
  • Straw Hat Pirates (6-6, 1155 PF)
It's looking like me and Erasure are in, although no idea on what position. Mo Honey and Frank Gore play each other this week, so they're essentially playing for the last playoff spot. Straw Hat can get that spot if Mo Honey wins and Straw Hat makes up the 25 point PF difference.

As far as Division winners go, it still seems up for grabs for anyone in the top 5, although I can't see what everyone's division records are in the Yahoo app

Premier league is still fairly close. There are 5 teams that are fighting for 3 spots:
  • Beats by Ray (7-5, 1283 PF)
  • Ayahuasca Shamans (7-5, 1220 PF)
  • FrankGoreWaifuPillow (6-6, 1280 PF)
  • Mo Money Mo Problems (6-6, 1180 PF)
  • Straw Hat Pirates (6-6, 1155 PF)
It's looking like me and Erasure are in, although no idea on what position. Mo Honey and Frank Gore play each other this week, so they're essentially playing for the last playoff spot. Straw Hat can get that spot if Mo Honey wins and Straw Hat makes up the 25 point PF difference.

As far as Division winners go, it still seems up for grabs for anyone in the top 5, although I can't see what everyone's division records are in the Yahoo app

Chip's Ahoy is 6-2 and BT is 4-4 division. Tied at 8-4 in Gaming. Gordamn Time(formerly The Gronk)...has the Off-Topic lead with you in second. So Gordamn has a bye and it looks like Chip's Ahoy has a bye as he'll probably win or he needs BT to lose as they both have the same record at the moment as already stated. Ahoy would win with the better divisional record should they be tied in overall record. BT has to play Straw Hats...while Ahoy plays Putin Karate Chop(tied for worst record). A loss by both is too much for me to make up...trailing Ahoy by 110 points. So no bye for me should he and BT lose and I win.

You are definitely in with a point total that can't be caught. If Mo Honey and Straw Hat win...I only have to be better than the guy with the least amount of points to make it in should I lose and I'm currently up 65 on SHP and 39 on Mo Honey. Should FGWP win...well that doesn't change much as I'm still up 65 on SHP. I'm either the 6th of 5th seed depending on the outcome of the play-in game.

Omega

Banned
started off 1-3, will finish 7-2 at the worst somehow. almost like last year in GJL3 I started off 2-5 and won out the rest of my games including the championship

I don't think anyone is beating Gordamn Time though. His bench is better than like 4 teams starting lineups.

Vyer

6 wins in a row in GL2, secured the playoff spot. Last week I'll basically be playing Rabid Lobsters for the Gaming division and the first round bye, if I'm reading correctly.

Looks like Eli's Red Bucket will have Off Topic secure.

Playoff spots locked up:
Eli's Red Bucket
OGF
Rabid Lobsters
Fletcher

Man....I don't even want to decipher who is getting those last two spots. Looks like DeMarco Polo and Blair Walsh have the upper hand. DeMarco has a bigger advantage in his division, but more importantly a bigger point total lead than anyone else in OT. I think he's pretty much a lock? Blair Walsh might have a tougher time as his PF total is pretty low in comparison to the 5-7 teams nipping at him. Basically Blair wins he's in. If he loses I think he's overtaken rather easily by like one of four other teams.

This is it guys! Since we're temporarily suspending the playoff bracket stuff below 6th place, most of the teams placement next year should be decided this week!

Good. I thought that was a stupid concept.

I get what he was trying to do (notably getting everyone past 6th a reason to give a shit during the playoffs), but the way to do it was the very definition of clusterfuck. Hopefully an easier way to achieve that can be figured out by next year

Omega

Banned
im worried about this matchup.

Putin still has 3 people left. The way his team is performing, either Charles is putting up 30 tonight or 3 and Floyd is either putting up 20 or 2.

Looks like it's between FGWP and Straw Hat for the last spot. Mo Honey probably won't get in with a win since SH is making up the points. MH was up 26 points on SH and current projection has him down 14...then of course that's if he even beats FGWP.

Looks like it will be BBR(3) vs. FGWP(6) or SH(6) and Shamans(4) vs BT(5) in premiere league. Mo Honey is pretty much just playing to keep FGWP out unless his remaining players(Tom Brady, Blount, Lafell, Crosby) go off. Straw Hat is projected to be around 160 when all is said and done and MH is back around 100. FGWP still has a huge lead on SH...MH is going to have to finish around 135 or so to win.

Only projected to win by 17 points now. I have a 64 point lead on SH entering. Projections have him ripping into my point lead on him by 52 points. As long as I get some points from NE's kicker...I could still lose and get in.

Looks like it will be BBR(3) vs. FGWP(6) or SH(6) and Shamans(4) vs BT(5) in premiere league. Mo Honey is pretty much just playing to keep FGWP out unless his remaining players(Tom Brady, Blount, Lafell, Crosby) go off. Straw Hat is projected to be around 160 when all is said and done and MH is back around 100. FGWP still has a huge lead on SH...MH is going to have to finish around 135 or so to win.

Looking at SHP and FGWP's teams, I REALLY hope I play FrankGore.... Holy fuck
Edit: and I feel I let Arkos down... All he needed was a win this week to avoid being GJL3 bound!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom