• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2015 |OT| Fully Inflated

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it were up to me we would but people seem to prefer Yahoo, we had a whole decision-making process last year and Yahoo was the clear winner.

Those people are insane. Yahoo has been garbage for years. The new site is Web 3.0 but garbage.

I'm being hyperbolic for some reason!

Those people are insane. Yahoo has been garbage for years. The new site is Web 3.0 but garbage.

I'm being hyperbolic for some reason!
Yeah I hate Yahoo with a passion too, but guess we're the minority in the matter

But we're doing auction this year, so that evens it out

DarkFlow

Banned
Still waiting on:

GJLP

that omega guy
LQX
Teptom

GJL2

Mazre (I'm playing mafia with him as we speak so I know he's here)
CouldBeWorse

GJL3

OJdakiller (last active 6/2, possible no-show)
SuicideUZI (last active 7/22, possible no-show)
darkiguana
Samyy
thebigmanjosh
Rudakus

PM's have been sent, we obviously have a need for replacements (PM's have been sent to waiting list as well). Worst case scenario, GJL3 will take place with fewer teams (less people for me to beat makes me sadface)

I think OJ said he was done at the end of last season.

LQX

Let the games begin.

eli-manning.jpg

Hustler

Can anyone join? Id like to get more involved with fantasy football, briefly played for a season back in college but it's been 7 years. Most of my friends have their own leagues but I asked to join too late, all spots are filled.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Checking in.

Got ya. You will be playing this year just FYI. And losing. To me. GJL3 FTW!

Can anyone join? Id like to get more involved with fantasy football, briefly played for a season back in college but it's been 7 years. Most of my friends have their own leagues but I asked to join too late, all spots are filled.

You're in brah. Prepare yourself

Let the games begin.

*Perfect*

I want to make a "Does it look like Eli Manning has braces?" thread. Because it does, right?

Actual news: I will post an updated list of players soon, some people will be jumping leagues, etc.

t-ramp

I'll join you guys if there's an open spot.

Edit: Actually, maybe not - just did a draft with friends, so I think I'll pass on this league.

So I've been doing some mock auction drafts to prep for the actual draft, and man... Auction drafts are sooo much better, but definitely different than the typical snake draft. I saw someone spend $90 (almost half their budget) on Antonio Brown and someone else spend all but $15 on 3 players...

As much as it pains me to say it: do your research on auction drafts everyone!

DarkFlow

Banned
So I've been doing some mock auction drafts to prep for the actual draft, and man... Auction drafts are sooo much better, but definitely different than the typical snake draft. I saw someone spend $90 (almost half their budget) on Antonio Brown and someone else spend all but $15 on 3 players...

As much as it pains me to say it: do your research on auction drafts everyone!

lol yeah, the first guy on the block is always fun to watch. One year I saw someone spend like $100 on the first guy. He then basically had to wait till everyone else was done so he could auto buy players for $1.

Arkos

We've got 4 holdouts:

CouldBeWorse
SuicideUZI
darkiguana
Rudakus

and 5 members not returning:

Notrollious
Texfan
OJDaKilla
JamieOD
Samyy

I'll send out a final (?) message to the holdouts today (Tuesday). We currently have 4 replacements (ironmang, vphys, doorakz, Compbros). So however it works out, we will still have a GJL3, even if it's slightly smaller (this also means we also still have room for new players). I'll probably wait until the end of this week (Friday) to hopefully get all members confirmed or uncomfirmed and a final list of teams in each league posted.

Once the final positions get set up, I'll send out PM invites for your league/draft.

Please check your PM box next Friday for your draft invite, the draft will be the following Sunday evening (September 6).

Jayhawk

We're doing auction. So RB-RB dinosaur methods do not apply. The trend these days is to overpay for your kicker!
just kidding...or am I?

Arkos

Hey! Is there still spots? I want in! :)

If there's room in another league or a replacement is needed, I volunteer my services.

Okay, I will put you both on the list, I think that will make us full, and depending on what happens The Outsider we may or may not have room for you. If all of the holdouts don't show up we may have room, I'm not in front of my computer to check. I'll update later and either way keep you on the waiting list. We'll know for sure by Friday and I'll send out invites!

Soupy

Banned
Okay, I will put you both on the list, I think that will make us full, and depending on what happens The Outsider we may or may not have room for you. If all of the holdouts don't show up we may have room, I'm not in front of my computer to check. I'll update later and either way keep you on the waiting list. We'll know for sure by Friday and I'll send out invites!

Awesome thanks! :)

Works for me, I'll check back on Friday and see what the latest is.

Rudakus

I'm down for another year. Last year ended up being pretty brutal. Looking forward to redeeming myself!

**Edit** Also Auctions are how all the cool kids draft!

Arkos

Awesome thanks! :)

Works for me, I'll check back on Friday and see what the latest is.

Hey, so actually I counted wrong and there are still potentially 3 spots left depending on whether the rest of the holdouts come back (after you two) (hey Rudakus!).

Unfortunately for Outsider, I think that leaves you in the same position because I think we need to have even numbered leagues :3 I'm pretty sure it will work out though. I'll probably just create an extra spot in GJL3 if it comes down to that and hope that it gets filled rather than leaving you out. We'll see.

Going to make leagues!

DarkFlow

Banned
Hey, so actually I counted wrong and there are still potentially 3 spots left depending on whether the rest of the holdouts come back (after you two) (hey Rudakus!).

Unfortunately for Outsider, I think that leaves you in the same position because I think we need to have even numbered leagues :3 I'm pretty sure it will work out though. I'll probably just create an extra spot in GJL3 if it comes down to that and hope that it gets filled rather than leaving you out. We'll see.

Going to make leagues!

I will run Two teams if I have too! One in 2, and one in 3.

Arkos

On the off chance that league still has spots, I'd be down to join.

If there are any spots still open, I'm in.

Alrighty, at this point it's down to whether or not the remaining holdouts from last year show up or not. If none of them do, we should have room for both of you Actually Jack I think even if none of them show up we will still be full :( We will add you to the waiting list though, and if anything happens you'll be first in line, and if nothing happens you'll definitely be in next year! Stay tuned.

Alrighty, at this point it's down to whether or not the remaining holdouts from last year show up or not. If none of them do, we should have room for both of you Actually Jack I think even if none of them show up we will still be full :( We will add you to the waiting list though, and if anything happens you'll be first in line, and if nothing happens you'll definitely be in next year! Stay tuned.
Sounds good. Thanks for the update.

Arkos

How do these leagues look as far as confirmed players/waiting list? I'm dying to join another auction league.

We are currently full with one person on the waiting list and three no-show returnees. So, depending on how things go we may have room, but probably you'll have to wait until next year. We'd be happy to put you on the waiting list though!

Speaking of all that, I am a day behind in invites. This afternoon I'm going to finish everything up, and you will receive a PM with the league invite url by this evening (Saturday EST). Sorry for the delay, it will definitely be finished up today though.

GatorBait

We are currently full with one person on the waiting list and three no-show returnees. So, depending on how things go we may have room, but probably you'll have to wait until next year. We'd be happy to put you on the waiting list though!

Speaking of all that, I am a day behind in invites. This afternoon I'm going to finish everything up, and you will receive a PM with the league invite url by this evening (Saturday EST). Sorry for the delay, it will definitely be finished up today though.

Put me on the list, please. I'm ready to rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom