• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty good, but nothing beats...

iKrEzh3Bl9oMr.gif

That one is pretty good.

This one is still one of the best hype gifs ever though

tlou_by_raziel1992-d7razdy.gif

Maybe in US you don't care about Crash Bandicoot but i'm in Europe and everybody knows Crash, everybody is in love with Crash.

Even today, Playstation = Crash Bandicoot.

I know, right? I went to buy a PS4 from Tesco yesterday, and the woman behind the till thought it was called the "Crash Bandicoot Station 4". Oh, how we laughed!

delSai

Gone for a day and this thread get's 40 new Posts. Damn. So from the People that were confirmed in the first Video i think we might know what they're up to. Square Guy (i keep forgetting his name, sorry) might have a new RPG to show off, not a remake. Ono probably has some deep down Infos and his second Game to announce, Harada is there for Tekken 7, Suda for Let it Die and the new Game from the Murasaki Baby Devs? Crap, not sure if i am ready. Almost there too!

Can someone post a Countdown when we are closer to the Event? Like, when the OT is no longer closed or something.

That one is pretty good.

This one is still one of the best hype gifs ever though

tlou_by_raziel1992-d7razdy.gif
That's the best Hype Thing i've ever seen lol

Y'all leave Jeff rigby alone. I like having him around.

He's good at breaking up heated threads and cooling off too much hype. He's like a commercial break that I'm relieved to watch.

I usually agree with Jeff's predictions but I don't buy this one. Casual gamers are pretty much done with consoles and everyone knows it. I don't think Sony will heavily invest in an audience that obviously isn't there, especially when their hardcore focus has brought them such unprecedented success.

As for Crash, there's no way Sony's making a new game if they don't have permanent ownership of the IP back. Crash is the reason they insist on owning everything they publish. There is no fucking way they will repeat that mistake again with the same franchise. It's something they're still salty about, or else they'd have published Sunset Overdrive. Sony is famously demanding about IP rights because of Crash. To think they would settle for publishing without ownership is silly. And sadly, I don't think Activision is willing to sell.

Y'all leave Jeff rigby alone. I like having him around.

He's good at breaking up heated threads and cooling off too much hype. He's like a commercial break that I'm relieved to watch.

His stuff is too irrelevant for a thread about games. Even if it is all true, which it rarely is, it will get nothing more than a passing mention ar PSX. 2.00 only got mentioned because people were complaining sony werent adding any new features.

There is a time and a place. I dont go into firmware threads to talk about games either.

There's no crash bandicoot. Stop it.

Let's hope so. I really wonder if the demand for Crash is similar to the demand for Vib Ribbon. Shawn Layden noted that it was only doing "pretty good" in sales, and that it'd be doing better if the people that screamed for it actually bought the thing.

Kyoufu

Let's hope so. I really wonder if the demand for Crash is similar to the demand for Vib Ribbon. Shawn Layden noted that it was only doing "pretty good" in sales, and that it'd be doing better if the people that screamed for it actually bought the thing.

Once it's available on PS4 I'll buy it. Need PS1/PS2 emulation on PS4 asap.

Amir0x

Banned

I think people were just annoyed that he was all VIBRIBBONVIBRIBBON at E3 to tease everyone and then it was just an release of the old game instead of new content. But "pretty good" still needs context. Honestly, "pretty good" means... pretty good, no?

I genuinely want Crash, but only if it's designed by a team with talent. I don't want Activision to make it ugh

Spiegel

Not for us in Europe. We keep buying the four Crash games as the Classic Games Sales Chart (PSX/PS2) show every month .

I am surprised the panel schedule hasn't been released yet. I am sure it will be next week, but for the convention being a week away there's still a lot of "mums the word" going on.

Either way, I am so hyped to be going. I depart after work Thursday and that day can't come soon enough!

sense

I can believe Sony would want it, but Acitivision have no reason to sell it.

the question is can their be middle ground? will activision license out their ip so sony can develop it internally. it is not like activision is doing anything with the ip so might as well make some money without selling it.

I bought Vib Ribbon the day it came out back in 2000, so I don't need to buy it again on PSN. I'm glad he made amends (of sorts) by getting the game out on PSN and available to Americans for the first time, but I was pissed off at Layden because he kept dropping references to the game and leading me to believe the IP was being revived. The way he was banging on, it sounded like we were getting a whole new Vib Ribbon. There are probably plenty more like me in the exact same circumstance.

Rosur

Why did the game awards/ this have to be next weekend damn it... Got plans in the evenings so doubt I'll be able to catch any of it live, so won't be able to join in they hype thread :( Hopefully there will be somewhere I can watch it in the morning (UK) on the Sunday.

hotandserious

Neo Member
It is interesting that this event is commonly being referred to as PSX, which for many =PS1.

I’m hoping, hoping, hoping that the stars are aligning and it is finally time for the Bandicoot to make his return. To bring back Crash, look at what UBi did with Rayman for inspiration. That is a perfect, appropriate update of a classic ip that is true to the spirit of the original game.

His stuff is too irrelevant for a thread about games. Even if it is all true, which it rarely is, it will get nothing more than a passing mention ar PSX. 2.00 only got mentioned because people were complaining sony werent adding any new features.

There is a time and a place. I dont go into firmware threads to talk about games either.

I thought this was the PSX thread, not a games thread? :)

Relax, I'm just appreciating him breaking up the tension in here. That's why I consider it a commercial break. It wouldn't be a proper hype thread without GAF celebs anyway.

Hiko

Banned
Slim to none. Isn't that the role that Sony hope to achieve with PS Now? Yeah, not gonna happen when they can charge folks to stream all those games instead.

PSNow is for ps3 games, not ps1/ps2.

It's already been leaked by Eurogamer as well as one of the GAF insiders (forgot his name but he is legit) that full ps1/ps2 BC is coming. It's just a question of when.

Slim to none. Isn't that the role that Sony hope to achieve with PS Now? Yeah, not gonna happen when they can charge folks to stream all those games instead.

They way I see it could be done is through PS Now as long as you have the disc. You put it in and Gaikai streams it or something. I wish things were that simple.

Hiko

Banned
They way I see it could be done is through PS Now as long as you have the disc. You put it in and Gaikai streams it or something. I wish things were that simple.

Besides the fact that streaming ps1/ps2 games would be a huge waste of bandwidth, the psnow servers run on ps3 hardware. And the ps3 can't emulate all ps2 games.

BadWolf

It's already been leaked by Eurogamer as well as one of the GAF insiders (forgot his name but he is legit) that full ps1/ps2 BC is coming. It's just a question of when.

No better time than this anniversary event tbh.

Shawn said they're working to get Vib on PS4, which means backward support for PS1/2 Classics.

Wow, I had no idea! I thought PS Now was intended to cover the whole Playstation catalogue, and I totally forgot about PS4 Vib Ribbon. I've got PS1 backwards compatibility on my PS3 already, so I'm not too fussed about that, but if Sony brought PS2 compatibility to the PS4 then that would be an absolute godsend. I've got a handful of PS2 Classics downloaded on my PS3, and through the emulation used they look so good on my television set, far superior to actually playing that stuff on my PS2, all of which looks terrible on a HD screen.

So yeah, being able to play my whole PS2 collection on the PS4, that's something to get excited about. What would be even better is if Sony dropped the region-locking on physical PS1/PS2 games when playing them using the PS4 as well, but I guess with licensing issues that wouldn't be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom