• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley's The Game Awards 2015 dated for December 3rd.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Taken from the other thread.
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/...t-and-online-with-the-video-game-awards/?_r=1

The show — called, simply, the Game Awards — is now the closest thing the games business has to its own Oscars. The second Game Awards show will take place Dec. 3 at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, where Mr. Keighley is expecting about 4,000 attendees, compared with 3,500 last year. He projects that the Internet audience will be more than the two million who watched in 2014. While game companies were the only advertisers last year, he has nabbed Verizon as one of the sponsors this year.

AfNnJVj.png

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/663546983907352576

btrboyev

Another big advertisement for games a year or more away..along with cringe worthy everything else again.

Sweet.

Eolz

Another big advertisement for games a year or more away..along with cringe worthy everything else again.

Sweet.

It's not the Spike awards anymore.
Edit: last year was good for a reboot. But yeah, hopefully this will have a better management/pacing this time around. It didn't look good when awards weren't given on stage and the audience wasn't really a good crowd.
Won't be able to watch it live this time sadly.

I can't wait for the ending where they reveal some gameplay of Nintendo's upcoming major hit.

Metroid Prime: Federation Force

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Can't wait for MGSV to win GOTY and GAF going nuclear.

Nobody actually cares about the awards, even the people choosing them. It's basically just a platform for advertising and a few games that weren't ready for e3 will probably be announced.

Dark Souls 2 was announced at one of these iirc.

Not

Banned
All right, guess I'll start the Zelda tangent in this one

Hope there's Zelda

Edit: I was late like Link to the Gate of Time in Lanayru Desert

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Hoping for something more on Mass Effect Andromeda.

EDIT: And yeah. Last year's was such a substantial step up. Geoff, I know you're around here sometimes, and I know you've already seen this said more than a few times, but I'll reiterate: good work on that restructure.

A Thursday? Not really feeling it to be honest. Would have greatly preferred a Friday or Saturday.
It's hard to expect people to watch on a Friday or Saturday night. Especially where it's only online. I think a Sunday would be good. Watch it online while you watch football on TV.

entremet

Awards show are rarely on weekends.

Weekends are ratings and viewership blackholes.

Thursday makes perfect sense.

Zenner

How much were tickets last year? I'm enough of a sucker to get some, if they're cheap, since the location is so close this year.

Reveirg

Great news, I'm glad it's on Thursday this year. I won't have to take a break from Xenoblade Chronicles X on December 4. =D

Trago

Nice. Now this year, they gotta make it a bit shorter. Also make it so the winners don't have to walk through a fucking maze to receive their award. And let's not have those weird from-the-back camera shots they were doing, dunno what was up with that.

And can we please have that sweet ass orchestra play music from the GOTY nominees like the VG awards a few years back? That was damn good.

I hope the reveals are amazing. Not expecting Zelda again this time.

Battlechili

Banned
But some games aren't getting releases until December; this pretty much means that Xenoblade Chronicles X has no chance of winning anything :(

Eolz

They just better make sure that we can see what the fuck we're looking at.

None of this shit

latest

That was actually a good technique to reduce the number of people complaining game in development look rough. I was extremely surprised they agreed to show a demo of the game at this development stage tbh.

Bgamer90

Banned
It's hard to expect people to watch on a Friday or Saturday night. Especially where it's only online. I think a Sunday would be good. Watch it online while you watch football on TV.

Awards show are rarely on weekends.

Weekends are ratings and viewership blackholes.

Thursdays makes perfect sense.

This is online so I'm sure that the same ratings pressure isn't in effect here. I also believe that last year's Game Awards (that was on a Friday) did better than the previous VGAs anyway.

But anyway, I'm simply saying it because I would prefer it to be on a day in which I don't have to think about going into work in the morning (haha).

farisr

Totally forgot about this.

I wonder how many people actually watch it for the awards, and how many watch it for the reveals/world premieres? I think the vast majority would be for the latter.

Also if you're making an award show, at least put some emphasis/hand out the awards properly. Last year's format was really weird at certain points.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I like how Nintendo went from Kranky Kong to Zelda in just one year. Krankygate 2013 was legendary.

I'm looking forward to it. Last year's show was pretty rough around the edges, but there were some great moments and the concept has a lot of potential. I like Geoff Keighley, and it's abundantly clear that he just wants to give us a spectacle we can all be proud of. A Herculean task, honestly, given a lot of the realities of this industry. But I have to applaud Geoff for how much of himself he's putting into getting it right.

Bolivar687

Banned
Last year's really dragged, the focus still isn't the awards, or the devs, and they let anyone and everyone have a reveal. It's a different animal from the circus show it used to be on spike but still an animal nonetheless.

Top Bottom