• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War PS4 playable from start to finish

I think it'll be Q1 2018. Sony seems to like that period for 1st party stuff while letting 3rd parties have the Fall to themselves.

More like none of the big stuff that Sony is confident has the ability to hold their own in the fall has managed to hit their intended release date... >_>

I mean, it's not like GT or Horizon was initially announced for late 2016 with the the intention of slipping. Just couldn't be where it needed to be in time.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Was intended to be a big 2016 title.

Horizon releases Q1 though, they would surely need one big title in at least each quarter. Or a big summer title at the very least.

edit: not saying this game *has* to release 2017, just that they'd need at least one more big exclusive title besides Horizon this year. It's not Knack 2 before anyone asks -_-

:)

^

9UoE0Ib.png

btw, mo-cap is done too (almost)

BoaW5z2.png

Someone mind pointing me to the thread or explaining what happened?
Check the post i quoted

Gestault

This has to be an exciting threshold for the dev team. Progress news like this means a lot even just for hobbyists. I hope it comes out even half as good as it looked in the reveal.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Gonna guess Winter/December 2017 release.

I hope so too. They got the mo-cap done, the game is playable from start to finish. I assume that means they've programmed in the cut-scenes too (?). They have a full year to polish, QA, bug test, optimize and add in the cut-scenes if they haven't done it already.

I'm not a developer so I don't know what else goes in there but I really really REALLY hope this game comes out in 2017.

Arex

It could be that the game is now playable from start to finish but that most of the assets, animations, technical stuff are still placeholders or in development. Playable doesn't always mean it's close to complete.

I would still guess a Q1 2018 release date, it's probably given time to polish as best as it can :)

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Basically a full-playthrough with missing/place-holder assets is pre-Alpha, how close to full Alpha really depends on scheduling (submission date) and how much stuff remains unfinished.

Q3 2017 seems reachable for a single-player only experience.

tilomite!

This is good news. Plenty of time for polish and meeting a realease date within the next year. Really liked the E3 trailer.

If it's playable from start to finish, then they have probably 4-6 months of development time left. I could easily see a May or June release date.

sense

even if it is ready i honestly think sony will push it to q1 2018 and give it more polish.

there is absolutely no need to go against rdr2, destiny 2, battlefront 2, next cod etc....

the only game that might release in the fall is spiderman because that has the capacity to attract a new audience (mass appeal, kid friendly, movie release hype etc...)

farisr

The impressions seem rather mixed which is mind bogging to me.
not to me. Expected it to be. Change in camera, more last of us esque (which not everyone likes) and the combat didn't look all that great. Animations looked choppy and slow compared to the smooth and fast gameplay of past entries. Reception was bound to be mixed.

I don't mind the change in direction/tone for the story) world/narrative, but not gonna lie, had concerns about combat as well from that showing, but it's SSM so I trust it's just a matter of getting different weapons/them refining the systems.

Top Bottom