• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn PSX 2016 Trailer. It Still Looks Absolutely Amazing!

Got to play it at PSX and it's great.

There were 4 mech type specific quests in a small sandbox area. Sony rep stood by my side and had me try all sorts of cool shit - like shooting a fire arrow at canisters on mechs to cause explosions as opposed to detaching them for resources.

So much damn fun. No surprises, played exactly as I figured it would.

Saw the 4K version too, and that's a looker...

How does the bow controls? Aim, pull and release or aim and shoot?

Anarky

Banned
Everything about this game looks great but I'm worried it'll fall into the usual open world traps especially boring shitty side quests. I hope it's quest quality is on par with Witcher 3 or New Vegas.

Since this game was first shown it's been intriguing to me, happy to see it continues to impress

A week or so ago I was listening to a podcast where they were talking about 2017 ' anticipated games and when horizon zero dawn came up they mentioned something about a new feature that had recently Bern discovered/talked about that had a lot of people losing interest in the game but I never heard what exactly it was. Anybody know what they might be talking about?

Since this game was first shown it's been intriguing to me, happy to see it continues to impress

A week or so ago I was listening to a podcast where they were talking about 2017 ' anticipated games and when horizon zero dawn came up they mentioned something about a new feature that had recently Bern discovered/talked about that had a lot of people losing interest in the game but I never heard what exactly it was. Anybody know what they might be talking about?

Not sure about this, but probably something stupid like the Tallneck(?) acting as a sort of mobile tower in the PS4 Pro trailer.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The Gamersyde video looks absolutely stunning, like even the youtube quality vid was impressive but with the added clarity its pretty stunning and is almost hard to believe. It just looks a step above a lot of the competition. Very few games compare.

Ravage

Out of nowhere this popped up during the Kojima panel

horizon1x0su7.png

horizon2zfsnu.png

horizon341sy1.png

horizon4zhsie.png

Yea it's breathtaking to say the least. Crazy how they just threw new footage out there lol.

A notice: The Gamersyde version is not the same as the youtube version from the PSN channel and has some scenes shortened and last less.

Finally. Thank you.
Life-like lighting and SSS on the leaves.
Hats off to the hardworking ants carrying leaves on the tree trunc.

Like I said before, Gamersyde version is not complete and even lacks the amazing ants' part in that section
Holy shit they are rendering fucking ants?

Insane

Insane

That is what I have been repeating all the time and waiting for that gif to be posted so people can spot it. They look very detailed on big screen. I hope they upload a 4K version of the full trailer.
We are in a time in which we get such micro-details in video games.

Rurunaki

That is what I have been repeating all the time and waiting for that gif to be posted so people can spot it. They look very detailed on big screen. I hope they upload a 4K version of the trailer.
We are in a time in which we get such micro-details in video games.

That has to be a cutscene though.. in-game or cg?

nowhoney

How does the bow controls? Aim, pull and release or aim and shoot?

I played it at EGX a few months back, and from what I remember it's aim and shoot. Honestly felt strange at first due to most games having you have to aim, pull and release. After this wore off, it felt fine.

steven28

Really love the look of the environments,some cool new dinos in there as well.I'll probably end up buying a pro for this game and i'm hoping sony release a pro+horizon bundle.

Man, I hope this is good and does well. I need it.

Great stuff.

Finally, a decent look at a city. I like how populated it looks.

Yeah, I really didn't get Jones on the EZA stream complaining saying it was just showing more of stuff we've seen or known, when it was really like a pre-launch trailer that's supposed to do just that and get other people caught up on the premise of the game, and even actually did show new stuff like our first decent look at a populated area in a conference trailer (TGS showed a tiny bit of one in some panel gameplay footage) and showed new variations of the robodinos in the game and ended with a non-spoilery tease of the high-tech installations that will obviously house some secrets.

I don't see what else they could have shown and the game had to appear in the final conference one last time before it comes out, and if they spoiled something people probably would have complained too.

technically absolutely stunning, but i just can't take robodinos seriously, such a silly enemy. that robocroc just made me lol.. wth were they thinking?? really well made, but just so silly.

also the main character seems kind of lame. GG suck making interesting characters.. i honestly don't remember any character from KZ2 for example, except that one guy everyone hated but i thought was ok (Rico?), hah.

Insane

never played Skyrim?

I was so hyped for this game on release but now the Pro exists, I worry to think what it'll actually look like on my original PS4. All this footage looks mouth watering but the cynic in me knows I won't see it in that quality.

Top Bottom