• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Dark Soul 3 confirmed real by leaked promo art - Early 2016

jimmypython

So we are officially alternating between Sony and NBGI Souls games now?

Early 2015: Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2 DLC
Early 2016: Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne DLC
Early 2017 would be: Souls game from Sony, Dark Souls 3 DLC ??

Thorgal

PRAISE THE SUN !

LvZzU9j.gif

Ferr986

So we are officially alternating between Sony and NBGI Souls games now?

Early 2015: Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2 DLC
Early 2016: Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne DLC
Early 2017 would be: Souls game from Sony, Dark Souls 3 DLC ??

Dark Souls 2 DLC rleeased in 2014

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
2 years after dark souls 2, sounds about right.

Orayn

Not really. Three years in between Dark Souls I&II, and two years in between Dark Souls II&III. Bloodborne makes it seem yearly, but otherwise their releases seem fairly normal for series. I would like to see From Software doing other things as well, but unless Dark Souls IV comes out 2017 I think we are safe.

Yeah, this would only be a few months sooner than the ~2.5 years between the other games minus Bloodborne. It's not that surprising since the series is selling well and allowing From to put more resources into development.

mattp

that miyazaki rumor had to be bs, right?

i mean, you gotta figure the "team" that made dark souls 1 moved on to bloodborne
and the "team" that worked on dark souls 2 started on dark souls 3, right?

Valnen

So much for not many leaks this year. I'm okay with it, since I likely won't be able to watch E3. The more leaks, the better!

Guevara

I would love it if Bloodborne became the "dark", relatively streamlined, action-y series and Dark Souls embraced exploration, moments of quiet/beauty, and insane depth and secrets.

Seems like there is room for both.

Sijil

Honestly, too early for me after playing Demon's, DS 1, 2 and then Bloodborne. I'm all winded when it comes to the Souls formula.

Leunam

Looking forward to it. I wonder how in your face the connections to DS and DS2 are going to be this time around.

ys45

Wow, I wonder if the E3 will have any news left when it begins they are all getting leaked or announced before lol .

The E3 this year is gonna be awesome .

Houndi101

Seriously annualization whiners plz
Let's see when they actually release a bad game, then we can think about complaining

I guess it's a good thing I am playing Dark Souls II. Still surprised that this is happening so fast. If it's rushed, maybe it will be bad?

KAL2006

Banned
Dark Souls 3
Mirrors Edge Catalyst
Fallout 4
Uncharted Trilogy

So many games announced already. I expect barely any new surprises at E3 and peiple will get dissapointed.

Not really. Three years in between Dark Souls I&II, and two years in between Dark Souls II&III. Bloodborne makes it seem yearly, but otherwise their releases seem fairly normal for series. I would like to see From Software doing other things as well, but unless Dark Souls IV comes out 2017 I think we are safe.

Why does Bloodborne not count? That's 3 years in a row if this 2016 date holds.

Top Bottom